Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

208 Question and Answer

Discussion in 'Episode 208 - Grotesque' started by Neuropyramidal, Aug 8, 2016.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

From TSDF

**Q&A / FTWD 2X08 / GROTESQUE**
    Thanks to our source for the info! :)

1- What does Nick drink while he is thirsty on the road?
    His own pee. He vomits after he tries to eat a cactus plant, but manages to drink his own piss. Go figure.
    2- What do we know about Luciana?
    All we know is somebody she cares about is “missing,” and that’s who she was looking for when she found Nick.
    3- Why does the man in the preview walk through the school bus into the field of infected? Is it a sacrifice or punishment for something he did?
    The leader of the community (played by Paul Calderon) is taken to believes this is the last step of the dead's "journey" and in the meantime, the dead forms a "wall" around the community and protects them. So, every so often, someone has to be sacrificed to the dead and become part of the wall. Luciana later claimed the man that was sacrificed had been bit, and so, he was dying anyways. But, Nick doesn't believe it (nor do I)
    4- Gloria is alluded to not be a typical junkie? What does she do?
    She comes from a very rich family, and they live in Bel Air. She meets Nick in rehab and is very supportive of him, especially when it comes to issues he has with his parents, primarily his Dad.
    5- Do we get to see the new community in Tijuana and their group? How are they?
    Yes, at the very end. It's a walled community, set up kind of like a flea market, where its people can sell or trade.
    6- Who is the person with a baseball bat? (we saw one from a previous teaser)
    Nick found what he thought was an abandoned house to camp for the night, but it turned out to be this woman and her son's house (or at least they were camping there and were there before Nick). She gets a few good swings in with that bat, and that is where Nick is forced to leave all of his food and water behind.
    7- Who is the guy on the jeep? He's the leader of the marauders that were stealing and killing along the highway. (the ones who attacked Nick)
    8- What happens at the end with them?
    One is eaten by the herd when he loses his composure after seeing Nick walking with the dead. He drops his bullets and is attacked by the herd before he can reload his gun (why he didn't just run away, I don't know!). The others get away.
    9- How sick/hurt/bad shape is Nick?
    Severely dehydrated and he has a bad dog bite on his leg.
    10- Is there something else we can know about this episode?
    The short, balding guy in the promo who is watching the guy walk through the school bus to sacrifice himself we are led to believe is the leader of the community in Tijuana. He treats Nick's injuries, but we later find out he is only a pharmacist. Very much like Celia in his beliefs about the dead.

2. Lummsy200

Lummsy200 Member

3. Uh Clem

Uh Clem New Member

I'm wading thru the AMC marathon, prior to Season 2-B's beginning. It's a lot more boring than I hoped for, primarily because the whiny characters are so much more tiresome on second-go-round.

And I was reminded that I wanted Alex, the Asian Airplane Woman that murdered raftmates and prolonged Burn Boy's tortures, to be something a lot more than psycho-killer babe. I was hoping she was part of the medical group that started, released or at least knew about this virus - and that maybe she was flying to Atlanta's CDC. Something about meeting Dr. 19. Alas, she's obviously not handed THAT interesting of character-background. So much for crossover! Oh well... maybe they'll run across Dale in his RV.

4. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

the idea that Alex knew about how the virus started, and was headed to the Atlanta CDC, is about the cheesiest thing I can imagine. And I'm good at imagining some pretty nasty cheese.

5. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

Having her turn in to a mad max character was also pretty cheesy.
    I had always envision that she was Dr. Exner's younger sister. She appeared to have some medical knowledge, kind of knew a little about the virus, and appeared to be of similar heritage.

6. Uh Clem

Uh Clem New Member

Actually, I had earlier hoped that Strand was part of the same medico-effort and had an argument with the lab powers, and said he was going to disclose all. Then someone in that Virus Lab had phoned the cops and had him arrested as he left the lab on some trumped-up charge.

But his assistant wasn't with him in his escape-car, and the lab authorities were desperate to find her. Her name was Alex, and she was on that Atlanta-bound flight.

That was my original hoped-for scheme for Strand & Alex.

But after Alex went into a rant about how "Travis" was solely responsible for Burn Boy's agonies when she'd murdered at least two of her raftmates (what a convenient lapse of memory!!), I have written her off.

I still kinda think she shows up again. She might have a bat with barbed wire on it, though.

#6 Uh Clem, Aug 22, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2016