Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

412 "Still" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by jwcoombs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. Jpeace

Jpeace New Member

The one thing I wonder is if Beths line " you are going to be the last man standing " was a set up for things to come

2. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

If Daryl revealed that he was raped by his dad. That would have been a shocker. :zombies_shocked:

3. Shadow

Shadow Member

I didn't like the last scene at all... It was the worst song they used on the show so far, when they both put their middle finger up I really sighed (probably suggested by Norman Reedus, he does that in all his photos). I just didn't like it and I don't say that a lot about TWD. Overall it still was a good character-episode, but that last scene...

4. Johnnie Walker

Johnnie Walker Well-Known Member

:Grin:

5. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I felt the same way in regards to the last scene. It was out of place and it appeared to be forced. It was unnecessary.

#185 Kingston50, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  6. Funion The Baba

This episode was the first one that I recall feeling a bit of "I waited all week for this?" 1/4 or 1/2 of the episode dedicated to these two and I'm ok but the whole episode...ugh.

7. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

When I see him doing this, it drives me batty. A 40+ year old man throwing the middle finger, like it's some type of novelty. It's so incredibly cheesy.

8. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

I didn't care for this episode either but I wouldn't say it was lazy writing. I just don't care for the Beth and Daryl storyline. I love the show, just like to see more of the characters in the show not just two. But to say lazy writing is just plain silly.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Its just plain lazy. That's the irony of it. :p And how are you my dear?

10. E.T.

E.T. New Member

I felt like I was watching Moonshiners

11. x-TWD-fanx

x-TWD-fanx New Member

I loved the episode, but the last scene (the burning of the house) was just ridiculous. It feeled completely forced.

12. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

Usually my mum wants to watch the newest episode at least twice a day. She has watched "Claimed" about 20 times. Today...she did not want to rewatch "Still". Bare in mind she is 65 and watches mainly for story and not action. Only episode she expressed not caring much for was Arrow on the Doorpost.

She said "Still" was a good episode and well acted - she liked it. Though from what I can gather, as well as what I feel - there just isn't much content to the episode for close proximity viewing. First 20 mins was kind of low on dialogue (and kind of redundant on subsequent watches), last half was better. Though, I thought most of their revelations were kind of obvious. Wasn't it made clear as early as S1 Daryl was rough? S2 dropped hints, and S3 Merle said they both planned to rob the camp S1. Thought it was obvious Daryl was under Merle's influence? I did like seeing Beth stand up, I hope she continues to be like this and not get shoved to 2 lines per ep again.

I'd have liked Beth to comment on Hershel's death a bit more. They touched on it - she wanted him to die with loved ones around him. But he was decapitated alive - I'd have liked to have heard more of her trauma over that personally.

I just feel Claimed did a better job of developing character, keeping pace up of overall plot and drama/action.

Like mum said after it finished, "That was about them getting rid of their demons" - but now she, and like most, it itching to get back to the meat of 4B which is the groups trying to reconnect and see what is happening with Maggie,Sasha, Carol/kids etc.

Still probably just came at a bad time, when a lot more important stuff is in the air.

#192 Benrai2k, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  13. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

I am doing great? Wish the weather here would make up it's mind. But all is well here in Georgia. We really need to get that game of poker going. Lmao

14. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Daryl pissed in front of Beth!!!

I admit I was wrong here.

15. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Haha I love that you quoted yourself.

16. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

lol I got a like for that post when I signed in and started laughing. Damn it! Can I never get anything right on this show? ;)

17. bridgebot

bridgebot Member

I really did not enjoy this episode. People are talking down to the others who say this episode was lazy writing because there wasn't bloodshed/intense zombie killing, but I felt like not much at all had been accomplished. I really am not feeling the whole Daryl/Beth partnering. It might be that I am still crossing my fingers for a Caryl relationship, but I just don't feel like they have anything in common or any chemistry, even as friends. I think it's kind of gross, and hopefully sexy times do not happen between them, Beth is pretty but literally looks like she's 12. I really loved Daryl's character development in season two with Carol/searching for Sophia. I felt like they tried to have him open up again in this episode, but it just didn't work out for me. I really hope they continue with the Carol/Lizzie storylines and the new group. There aren't many episodes left and I would hate for them to rush through these storylines because they took up time with an episode like this.

18. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Again though, what you describe is not liking is the story that they have chosen to tell. You just don't like where they're taking the episodes, and I don't think you're alone in that, but that doesn't mean it's lazy writing.

19. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Not to mention there is NO real hint that they are actually going to hook up. It's just so bizarre to judge the episode on a Carol vs. Beth point of view. So weird.

20. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

I don't know, maybe their saddle bags were full? Also, I grew up in Ky, sometimes moonshine is smooth. Not alway, but maybe the still dude had a talent