Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

412 "Still" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 412 - Still' started by jwcoombs, Feb 26, 2014.

1. fivefivegenie

fivefivegenie Member

ROFL, your post was the first thing I thought of when that scene happened! Had a good chuckle over it.

2. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

All Daryl did was brute over a fire and listen to some drunk chick. We're talking about 10-15mins of dialogue tops and it was nothing news worthy. We all learned what we already knew, Daryl was a bum before the apocalypse. It doesn't take much to appease the Drayl mob lol So now what, they used up like 6 episodes of Daryl dialogue in just one episode? Next weeks episode isn't anything steeler either.

3. jdawg011

jdawg011 Member

Despite all the complaints, I thought it wasn't too bad. Beth actually did a pretty decent job of acting. She acting like a teenage girl might when she's at that age: wanting to do rebelious things like vandalism and drinking (of course, in the world they are in it's a bit different). The big issue was her having her first drink and barely making a face, especially when its a strong drink like moonshine. Pretty decent episode though with some character building. I think they could've fit Daryl and Beth into 30 minutes though and had some other characters in it too.

4. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Go ahead and tell us how the rest of the season also sucks, since you seem to already know.

#204 SFA, Mar 3, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  5. annaflyte

annaflyte Member

So basically the only reason you didnt like it is because you perceived a non-existent relationship was interfering with your other non-existent relationship? and you want to get back to Carol?

The entire point of putting Daryl and Beth together for this ep was that they totally dont have anything in common even as friends. Thats why Beth pissed him off and he exploded. It was interesting. They got over it and can at least respect each other now.

6. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I can't believe how paranoid some Caryl shippers are. Trust me, I love the Daryl and Carol relationship, but just because Daryl and Beth are able to bond over something does not mean that romance is in the works. Beth was a background character before this episode. She really needed some depth and I'm glad they featured her more prominently. Give the girl a break.

7. K.c

K.c Member

My complaint , there wasn't enough Beth , more Beth !.

8. Rain

Rain Member

This is so funny, I wish they did an alternate version with this ending.

9. Taeyeon'sBF

Taeyeon'sBF Well-Known Member

[video=youtube;FONN-0uoTHI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FONN-0uoTHI[/video]

10. Shadow

Shadow Member

Am I the only one that thought Beth was making moves on Daryl and during the guessing game she was going to say "I've never had sex"? That would've been a wtf moment, but possible 'cause they were both drunk and it would've felt less forced than the Daryl becoming angry all of a sudden.

11. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Exactly where I saw it going.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Remember what happened the last time someone pissed in the presence of a Greene!

13. zeroli34

zeroli34 New Member

Ep 412

I thought all that moonshine was leading up to acts of drunken debauchery! Daryl needs to loosen up. A dull episode.

14. Chuckernaut

Chuckernaut Member

That just makes it worse IMO. I've had lots of shine and rarely has it been smooth and even when it was it wasn't smooth enough to make a newbie just say it tasted bad. The whole point is that none of the episode was believable for me nor was it an interesting basis for a show. A whole hour of lets get drunk is pointless. If I were Daryl and lived the hard life, if I come across some moonshine, I will at least try it even if I don't take any home. At that point I would find this to be some extremely smooth shine and I sure as hell would take some home and in no way would I destroy it all knowing the top shelf ingredients and talent it must have taken to make it not to mention that you are living in a world in which there is a scarcity of antibiotics and moonshine is a hairs breath away from rubbing alcohol. Again the point is that there is a lack of common sense in the writing/directing that seems to be the motto for this season.

15. Kingston50

Kingston50 Well-Known Member

I thought the first half of this season was promising to be honest, but the second half has some mistakes that is hard to over look. I'm not usually really critical, but Beth still being alert after drinking moonshine was a joke. Not only was it her first drink, but it was moonshine for goodness sakes. She appeared to be drinking it all day. They didn't show her throwing up or passing out. Just not very believable.

Add to that Carol's appearance when she found Tyrese. It was underwhelming. They could have built that up better. Also the harrowing scene of Maggie thinking the Walker on the bus was Glen. If they never gave away Glen's location in the previews, then that scene would have been so suspenseful...

16. Smackledorf

Smackledorf Member

Beth inherited Hershel's godlike alcohol tolerance...along with his unlimited ammo and his death of significant others curse.

17. Komodia

Komodia Member

I agree, the second half has been a pretty major let down. First half was good with them dealing with the disease and not knowing who was feeding the walkers, etc. They had alot to work with on that and now it just kind of seems to had fallen apart. I was hopeful that Gimple was going to be good but now I'm wishing for the previous showrunners :/. At least I was able to watch the episodes in the past without it coming across forced or awkward.

18. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

My only complaint.

[​IMG]

19. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

Beth run out of ammo at the prison battle. Damn it writers!!!! Why must you suck so hard?

Inconsistent writing. Also,.......................................... wait for it..................................lazy.

20. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

I know right? So lazy..............and bad. This show has become such a boring soap opera​!

[​IMG]

Edit-- @SFA I've been meaning to mention this to you all day, but you forgot the "so bad" in your sig quote. Beth says "You gonna miss me so bad when I'm gone, Daryl Dixon". Forgive me if you intended for it to be this way. Just wanted to let you know.

#220 jwcoombs, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014