Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4x09 'After' Complaints

Discussion in 'Episode 409 - After' started by H5N1, Feb 9, 2014.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Add your complaints about the episode here, please no flaming of other members.

2. chente2229

chente2229 New Member

How many times is Carl going to fall down in this episode? Lol

3. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

getting a little bored of Carl and his bumbling around while "he takes care of himself"

4. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Too much Carl. Wanted to see some of the other characters. But glad to see that Michonne/Carl-Rick connected.

5. Inspector_Swag

Carl's actor is so deplorable.

6. Jenhaynes909

Jenhaynes909 Member

Not loving this episode. Very drawn out. Hopefully the rest of the season isn't the same.

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I don't think even I know anyone here anymore. Sorry, I'm in the wrong house...

8. Neuropyramidal

Pretty good episode. I liked the Michonne walker and what it symbolized, I thought that was a good idea.

The Michonne pet thing doesn't really make sense for walking in a herd. I mean, that's what a herd is...a bunch of walkers walking together. So it doesn't really matter if 2 of them happen to be connected to you by a rope. It would be the same thing as if you were just walking by yourself in the middle of a herd. But the Michonne double redeemed that scene for me. :p

9. Sadie Dixon

Sadie Dixon Active Member

To be honest..I have no complaints. I thought this episode was perfect..i'd rather see more episodes of just Carl and Rick...and Michonne

[​IMG]

10. Emdier

Emdier Well-Known Member

Yeah, it turned out to be an awesome scene and all, but the build up made no sense to me. How could Glenn and Rick get caught bumbling around in a herd even when they're coated in walker guts, but a magical rope tied to two walkers hides her scent?

11. Porfivor Nixon

That was boring as hell. Michonne is one of the show's best characters and even she couldn't save it. I can already see this splitting up the cast has the potential to be a disaster. Next week's previews didn't look very exciting. Jesus Christ, they are ruining the show by these cost-saving measures- I want to see the whole damn cast in the episode, is this show not making money?? These decisions are wrecking the pace of the show.

That was NOT ACCEPTABLE, sorry.

12. fruitfulandgay

fruitfulandgay Well-Known Member

You know me. Sadly I'm not ready to give this epusode a rave review, but I love walking dead, so I will not critisize eirher

13. 12Gauge

12Gauge Active Member

Apartment scene: Michonne screaming "no, no" over and over went a bit long for me. Otherwise?

Smashing episode, bitchy Carl and all.

14. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

Carl is so likable in the comics, he just annoys me in the TV show.

15. Neuropyramidal

Well, the main cast have contracts, I don't think they are paid per episode, so I'm not sure this was a money saver. Its actually much cheaper to film on the prison set. This was a relatively expensive episode, they had to clear a full block neighborhood. Filming outdoors is more expensive. They were just following the plot of the comics here, which called for mostly just Rick and Carl.

16. Neuropyramidal

Minus the Michonne flashback, I'd give this episode an 8. With the flashback, a 7.6.

17. Medicineman

Medicineman Member

I still think the Governor is alive. I'm sure that after his girlfriend shot the ground next to him, she killed a zombie lookalike and slapped on his eyepatch before leaving to treat mister blake's wound. :p

18. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% convinced he is dead either...in the beginning of tonight's episode, Michonne could have stuck her katana thru his skull but didn't.

19. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

My picky complaint? If these houses/Joe Jr's bar are within walking distance of the prison wouldn't the gang have already stripped them bare of everything usable?

Apart from that I thought there was a bit too much "Oh no, Carl's tripped. And here comes a walker. What's going to happen? Will Carl get bit? No? I didn't think so. Oh no, Carl's tripped again. And here comes a walker. What's going to happen?" in the show. I hope they don't have too much fake suspense in the upcoming episodes.

Other than that I liked it and I liked the focus on a few characters in more depth. I'm happy to not see other characters as long as these characters get their episode in the sun too.

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

I thought it was because the walkers kind of fell in around her. If she had tried to just saunter in the middle of a herd she'd die. But she kind of created it herself with walkers that would not investigate her and others followed later. I can't guarantee that's right of course.

NO complaints myself. It's exactly what the show needed. A slow paced development episode.