Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

4x11 "Claimed" Live Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 411 - Claimed' started by H5N1, Feb 19, 2014.

1. zoomo

zoomo New Member

It was alright. I am getting inpatient for the group to meet up, all of them, for Rick and Carl to find out Judith is alive. It has been 3 episodes now. I don't want new people, lol. I want Glenn to find Maggie. I want Darryl to find Rick, Carl, Glenn, Maggie, I want the old team back.

The ones I don't care if they die are Beth, Lizzie, and I cannot stand Michonne, never could stand her from when she first appeared on the show.

2. zoomo

zoomo New Member

And I want Hershel back. I don't for even a second understand that decision to kill him off.

3. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

Who didn't hate Eugene pre

4. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

HE was loved and his death pushed their stories. popular characters aren't safe.

5. beobe99

beobe99 New Member

First time poster, figured tonight's episode wasn't enough, had to discuss it with someone!

Absolutely love the show!! Can't wait for more and more so don't take the below wrong! Maybe I just need time with these 3.

First you have Eugene I think his name is, dude with the mullet who seems "rain man'ish".. If your so smart Eugene, maybe tell everyone what you know because you could very well die! (most likely it's all for suspense so I can let it slide a bit)

Then we have the two cliche unrealistic characters. First - The bad a** 6.5' "Sargent Slaughter" type straight from a video game and Second the overly sexy (for the situation everyone's in) Comicon erection inducer Chic. They make no sense and up until their intro the show didn't seem to be geared towards Fantasy Characters, seemed more realistically cast.

Yes, Michonne and Maggy are gorgeous IMO and even Carol! But they're not in super short shorts and a shirt tied into a half top to fulfill fantasy.

Regardless, It's still an amazing show, best out since LOST!

6. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

welcome and ikr theese new people are kinda coloful arent they?!
    maybe there ZA experience wasnt as dark and traumatizing as rick and the group..its almost like they just found out about it lol
    "oh hey!...were going to washington"

7. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

Read the Comics..... You'll understand then.

8. The1WhoKnocks

The1WhoKnocks Active Member

I never disliked him in the comics.... But this TV version is laughably bad thus far.... I hope it gets better.

9. SFA

SFA Well-Known Member

I don't think the version is " laughably bad." I just think the writers made a weird choice to barely have him and Rosita speak. Everything out of Eugene's mouth made him come off as a douche and not trustworthy at all. I feel they should have toned that down a bit. They needed to do a more slow reveal of his awkwardness.

10. Scalemail Ted

Scalemail Ted Member

I agree, I think his character needs to have more credibility in the beginning. BY being so dismissive, secretive, and overbearing, it makes him automatically appear as an untrustworthy character

11. Phenton123

Phenton123 Member

Looking forward to when they meet up again

12. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

The only major complaint I have is so much literal emphasis on Michonne losing a child & Carl losing his sister. The theme of loss of a child/baby..

Ok, we get it, she lost a child & Carl believes his sister has not made it out of the prison. They've just dwelled on that too long and they're being so literal about it that I feel like they think the audience is stupid..

The last episode & episode 09 they covered these occurrences, It would have been more exciting to see more action/focus on these mysterious bandits raiding temporary Rick's house..

13. Walker709

Walker709 Active Member

That makes two of us.

14. Hawaiian Shirt Zombie

Hawaiian Shirt Zombie Active Member

Those scenes are exactly the reason I enjoyed season 2 so much. They were about building character development first, and "action" second, like the source material.

15. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Yeah you're right, he had no cause to get that passionate this time around. I was a little let down, I've been looking forward to that event making it's way into the show, thought they'd do it a little more justice.

16. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Character development is fine, I'm not getting on the kill everyone bandwagon. I just thought it's overkill when some things don't require constant literal elaboration..

An example is Clara's boyfriend head in a sack. The scene where Rick walks away & the camera closes in on a moving sack that contains a head.

We got it, it was powerful without needing dialog & it left some things to the individual's imagination..

17. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I liked the scene. We got to see Michonne open up to Carl, and Carl open up to Michonne. It was more than character development, it was relationship development. Contrast "Your secret is safe with me" with "I shot my mom". Carl is building a genuine human relationship with another human being. Even with his own mother and father he hasn't had that before.

18. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

I haven't seen the episode yet... it's on tonight here... but I love the carl / michonne relationship, I think it's really helping develop both characters.
    Also on a side note,

#98 sneakyboo, Feb 24, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2014
  19. sneakyboo

sneakyboo Member

The show is showing now GMT.... so far so good :)

20. legendx66

legendx66 Moderator
    Staff Member

it wasn't for us. It was for Carl. We learned things but the fact that she told Carl is a major development in their relationship.