Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

5-5 "Self-Help" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by westwingnut, Nov 9, 2014.

1. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

If anyones played TWD games - I actually almost saw Abraham to be a lot like Kenny in a lot of ways. Very 'my way or the highway' someone that is very difficult to be reasoned with and doesn't compromise well. Ultimately still a great person with a great heart, but just has a hard time relenting.

He gets irrational and angry over things that insulted his ideals and took him 'off mission' and that made him unpredictable.

2. MrBigDog1974

MrBigDog1974 Member

That's just nuts!!

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Good comparison. Kenny's mission was to get a boat no matter what.

I've only played season 1 of the game so far, but it's really well done. I'm sure there are better games out there for hardcore "gamer" types, but what makes the TWD so solid is that it has a compelling story behind it.

4. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree - never known a show with so many parts where something is going on but you can't actually physically see it - didn't really notice this until this season - in the church you couldn't see the butchering properly:zombies_mad:
    ...I did wonder if it was just the way it comes across in England as nobody else seemed to notice...

5. Stealth

They have left Terminus, but to save money this season 1/3 of the scenes will be filmed in Boxcar A.

6. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Hmmm, I don't know. Self Help was the first episode I really noticed it being too dark to see. The church butchering scene was dark, but I could see everybody okay, and see what was going on. We couldn't see Rick in the shadows at the beginning but we weren't suppose to. But yeah, this episode there was a couple times when I felt it was way too dark.

7. Stealth

We had the pitch black walker pit in Slabtown too.

Fortunately Beth had her night vision goggles on there, or she wouldn't have been able to shoot all those walkers in the head.

8. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

It's like compost lol

That's why the majority of regular members avoid these threads like the plague..

9. Neuropyramidal

That scene was redonkulous. The entire escape scene was redonkulous, and that part was the most redonk of the redonkulous.

10. Stealth

Yeah, I don't even think I posted in here before until the last couple of weeks or so. As you said, there's actually been some decent discussions in here recently. But then last night the American Horror Story clown showed up.

11. Stealth

I never figured out what key Beth went looking for in Dawn's office. I thought Noah said to get the elevator key, so I was thinking there was another working elevator since they had power. Then they just went down into the pit and that key didn't come into play.

12. silentstar24

silentstar24 Member

Perhaps it'll come into play the next time we see Beth.

13. Neuropyramidal

It was the door to the hallway where the elevator shaft was. It was down the hall a bit. Dawn had to open it when they put that other guys' body down there. That's how Beth knew which key to take, it was the blue one. She was watching Dawn open it earlier.

#333 Neuropyramidal, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2014
  14. Komodia

Komodia Member

I can't stand Abe. I don't know if its the character or the acting, but the character just isn't believable and doesn't play off well with Eugene and Rosita. I can get behind Eugene since I can make myself believe he is suppose to be all odd and awkward but Abe at times comes off the same and when he tries not too he seems like he is trying too hard or something, I don't know, I can't pin point it but I feel these characters are wasting time that can be spent on better characters.
    I rather follow Beth's story and perhaps could had more details on that or follow Rick and co with their meeting of Father Gaberial.

The story itself this week seems poorly written as well. I've noticed a thread about Abe's family being fearful of him and I agree that it didn't make sense. I get where they were trying to stir the story with them being scared since they saw his rage but the scereno they showed them in just doesn't fit. I want Abe and Eugene dead already. I wouldn't mind if they kept Rosita, the actress has done great with the character handed to her.

15. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

He was annoying in the comic also..

16. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if anyone responded to this, being I am still making my way thru this highly entertaining edition of complaints but, Eugene mentioned something about the bus should have never made it to the road, and how was he to know it would happen near the carburetor, so in watching the encore, you see a puff of smoke under the hood come out, so I took it the line was punctured and small explosion/fire under the hood happens and then he looses control.

17. Neuropyramidal

yeah, near the spark plug, and I think so.

18. AngelCastiel

AngelCastiel Member

When they first see the herd, did you catch the sign that said, "Buckle up." I hope that's not a form of foreshadowing or something.

19. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

20. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

That photo of elephant and girl reminded me of old old joke. I'll tell it in PG version.
    A guy gets in accident and gets his "male member" injured. A doctor fixes by transplanting a baby elephant trunk onto the guy. Guy comes back for checkup and Dr asks hows it working out. Guy says OK except when I go by the roasted peanut stand I get excited.