Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

501 "No Sanctuary" Live Reaction Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 501 - No Sanctuary' started by jwcoombs, Oct 11, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

Also, something else that just dawned on me; [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION]

When Gareth comes into the slaughterhouse to get the tallies from the butchers for the round-up; when the butcher who broke protocol confesses his mistake Gareth tells him to go back to his round-up point and count his spent shells. He also mentions that he has until tomorrow before Kaley collects the shells.

Now; you and I both know; they have no good reason to collect spent brass unless they're actively reloading. That means that have someone on site proficient enough with firearms, and with access to the equipment and materials so regularly reload a variety of calibers. Although it did appear the Termites were very partial to the AK platform so I'd imagine they're reloading mostly 7.62. Which would make sense, if you're reloading ammo in a social-collapse scenario, and you're living in a compound with a large population; it would make sense to try and standardize your calibers among the group. For example; have only three calibers present-all rifles are AK platforms chambered in 7.62 all sidearms are 9mm and all shotguns are 12ga.

Anyway; I just though it was a neat detail that the Termites were successfully and very regularly reloading and replenishing their own ammo stores. Kind of make Eugene seem not so cool and important anymore doesn't it? LOL

2. Dulak

Dulak Member

This episode Rocked! Beyond expectations. I thought carol was going to save the day - told someone this ... good way to bring her back into the group. I thought they would drag it out for 8 episodes ...

This one just totally rocked. Wow is all I can say - I am in shock

3. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

This isn't a great picture, but

[​IMG]

The guy who you can clearly see with Gareth, I'm pretty sure is Albert.

[​IMG]

Same hat, and I'm pretty sure it's the game gun and shirt but I can't get a good enough look. You can also see a third person behind Albert. I don't think anyone got hit, so I think this would make a 5th surviving Terminite (this could be a Greg, David or Charlie). You can see another shot of the third guy more clearly, but I can't get a good enough screenshot of it.

I get way into this kind of stuff. I like it, lol.

4. VikingWalker

VikingWalker New Member

Crazy boxcar guy

Didnt they say in talking dead that the guy rick let out of the boxcar...crazy guy....was the same guy from at the end who took the girl?

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Wow, dude. I didn't even think of that. I got caught up in, "round count," so I was busy thinking of reasons they'd count the rounds so I didn't even think of reloading. But yeah. That makes sense. There are basically only 3 main types of rounds they'd need to make in mass-- 7.62x39 for the AKs obviously, .223/5.56 for the few m16es and m4s we saw (including the one carol stole off mr. Baby killer.) and at least Albert had an m14/Springfield m1 type rifle so .308. And obviously there weren't too many shotguns and pistols floating around but I agree-- 12g shotguns and pistols should be focused on 9mm and .38.

but thinking of it, even if they're reloading there isn't really a reason to keep a count of the rounds. Just reload whatever brass you pick up, right? That's why I was trying to figure out why he'd be keeping a round count. What other places keep round counts? Ive heard police are responsible for every round fired so maybe they do. My brother works in the division of the Air Force that guards nuclear missile stockpiles and launch facilities. They're obsessive about their ammo counts. Every time they pick up their gun and drop it off at the armory, every round is accounted for. Including their m240 belts. One time a ridiculously small amount of ammo went missing. I can't remember how much. Might have even been as little as one round of .308. Everyone got in trouble for it. Why would they be so concerned with knowing what happens to their ammo? The theory I'm running with right now is that Gareth was so paranoid and intelligent he made sure to safeguard against attack from within. By keeping track of their inventory he could make sure he controlled the ammo supply-- that is, nobody could stockpile ammo to revolt against him. Makes sense. If you're forcing people into cannibalism or die, naturally not everyone who doesn't choose death is a genuine convert.

6. jwcoombs

[​IMG]
    [MENTION=39001]HondaS2kXD[/MENTION] [MENTION=41032]and138[/MENTION] [MENTION=17192]Dnae[/MENTION] @ThaWalking Horn [MENTION=7785]Neuropyramidal[/MENTION] [MENTION=8303]Tony Davis[/MENTION] [MENTION=26682]Sharpie61[/MENTION] [MENTION=5424]BatmansHooker[/MENTION] [MENTION=25242]Z-Man[/MENTION]

7. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Yes, we were discussing this earlier in another thread. I think in the "X" thread. It certainly could be the case, although if it is, Gimple is really playing cards only with us most die hard fans, so rare, that if you put us all together we probably couldn't even fill up a McDonalds.

8. HondaS2kXD

A really big McDonald's, though, right?

9. Neuropyramidal

Well at least one that had grossly oversized bathrooms, with that one stall that takes up way more space than even a wheelchair would need.

10. HondaS2kXD

Well, they need the stall to be that big in case somebody brought one of the riding shopping carts for fat/handicapped people from the Walmart that is in the same plaza as the McDonald's.

11. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I wonder if any of his other tattoos will have significance. The ones on his forehead and on his cheek, peeking out from behind his beard (I like that effect!) are written in that "Old English"-style font that tends to be associated with gang tattoos or jail tattoos.

12. Neuropyramidal

I think they made it that big so you could check your crack for hemorrhoids in the mirror on the far wall without getting a close enough image to get a visual on your anal hairs.

13. HondaS2kXD

Yes. That's the other reason.

14. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

On re-watch I noticed Gareth saying in the trough room, just before the gunfire/explosion that the butcher guys got 2 hours to get these guys on the drier, I'm going back to 'public face', now's the time when things get messy and let's wrap it all up by sundown.

I heard that term 'publc face' twice (can't recall the 2nd instance) but I think another reason why they want a shell count is that when new 'meat' comes in to the welcoming area, they don't want them to see spent shell casings laying around when they are on 'public face' and potentially tip them off to something bad going on there. Just thinking out loud here.

15. HondaS2kXD

Yeah, there's that too.

16. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

17. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

I doubt it, seeing as Abraham was wearing a wife-beater T, as was Maggie & Sasha...really don't think that's the type of clothes one wears when it's COLD... :D

18. WillyJakkz

WillyJakkz Active Member

lol I thanked you for this post but I can't lie, initially I thought it was a joke post of you taking a jab at both guys receding hairlines cause I didn't catch the x symbol lol

Great catch!

Also looking at it, could it be a cross and not an x (the tattoo especially) as the car that sped away with Beth had a cross on the back and maybe linked with Father Gabriel or that church? (Not a comic reader so not sure if they're connected).

#298 WillyJakkz, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014
  19. jwcoombs

No; the Cross-Gang seems to use and affiliate itself with the Atlanta PD insignia--

[​IMG]

20. jwcoombs

Not sure if you noticed; but the Terminus sign in the Morgan scene is significantly more overgrown than it is when Rick and the gang pass by it and mark it with the message "No Sanctuary".

Also, the markings blazing Rick's trail were certainly made some time after they took that path and they certainly didn't do it themselves(Hunters method of tracking them). It's also most likely in this scene, that those markings are no longer in use; and the people who made and used them are long gone.

Gimple mentioned in several interviews, and most recently on Talking Dead; that they would be playing with time this season. For example, the events within the episodes aren't always shown in a linear and chronological order; E.g. in 501 "No Sanctuary" the episode starts at the point when Carol blows up the propane tanks; yet the next scene shown after the opening credits is Carol and Tyreese on the tracks heading for Terminus and this scene takes place before the final events of the Season 4 finale "A". So, like Gimple said, they're playing with time and the episodes this season will have a tendency to jump around in time.

That being said; it's very much a possibility that it is winter in the post-credits scene. One final reason is this; I believe this Morgan scene to be well into the season. Definitely well after episode 4, and possibly even in the back half, as I have a feeling it may take him some time to play catch up. But, in the comics, when the group reaches ASZ it is late fall early winter; and a large amount of snow falls after their first few weeks there. So, if it takes Morgan most of the season to catch up to the group; would make sense for it to be winter as the end of the season; the final episodes of the back half should find the group in a winter climate.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#300 jwcoombs, Oct 14, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2014