Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

503-"Four Walls& a Roof" Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by jwcoombs, Oct 26, 2014.

1. mfinley

mfinley Member

Night sites or not, no cops shoot one handed. Doing so generally exposes your body width to a wound that will take out both your lungs and your heart all at the same time, not to mention the horrible drop in accuracy of single hand shooting. Hitting one person in the head across the room on the first shot, not to mention 2 head shots super fast in a row is difficult enough, add to that Rick's super cool one handed shooting style and it's darn near an impossibility. Switch over to hitting somebodies fingers which is a target about 75% smaller than a head shot and the odds are astronomical.

But, it's a tv show, its for fun.

2. Duce000

Duce000 Active Member

He shot the 2 to make it less hunters to deal with. He fired into the woods way before he said he didn't wanna waste the bullets and it was because someone fired at them

3. zachry50

zachry50 New Member

That wasnt what I was saying at all and dont totally disagree with you. All I was saying is you CAN see your sights in the dark. We didnt see the two head shot to see if it was one handed or did we? I honestly cant recall. If we didnt see him shoot I think we can assume he did shoot one handed since that is typically what Rick does. So I do agree with you. I agree a follow up head shot and the hand shot are difficult. The first head shot I dont agree would be hard. One handed yes, but not 2 handed. Thats my opinion. With the hand shot it would be real tough to hit the fingers, but it is TV and just for fun. But taking the shot at the finger is worth it. Hit the gun, hit Gareth, and maybe you get super TV lucky and blow off his finger,lol.

4. LoneRogue

LoneRogue Member

OH..didn't know they just happen to have night sights on their guns!

Guess someone should update the 'weapons' thread and include that information!

For as much as I like Rick, I don't think he has the marksmanship to pull off a shot in the dark from that distance...sights or no sights...regardless of how well his eyes may have adjusted to what little ambient light there was in the church!

For now, why don't we just agree to disagree! ;-)

5. zachry50

zachry50 New Member

You want to update it or do you want me to? Like I said they are standard on some guns and dont just happen to be there. I guess we will have to disagree with Rick shooting abilities. All I was stating was that you can see sights on your pistols in the dark. Cause we all know everyone on these TV shows never miss a shot ;). Well except Andrea.

6. cysez

cysez New Member

My thinking exactly. Especially how they tricked the Terminus people was inconsistent

Apart from that I found the episode rather weak. Which suprises me because most people seemed to like it although I am normally the less critical type.

But here is my overall complaint about the last episodes and the show's developement in general: The whole show works in a lot of ways as a character case study for many people with Rick being mostly in the center. Looking back at season 2 where Rick had to moderate between Shane and Hershel who refused to kill walkers compared to last episode's execution makes pretty clear that our crew is shaped by their collapsing environment. Meeting the Governor and Woodbury the focus shifted from the walkers to the human threads in this world. So far, so good. But how does the Terminus crew fit into this picture? It seems that the writers wanted to introduce a group that was similar to our group (reflected, sympathetic, helpful) but that took an evil turn after going through horrbile events, basically erecting a concentration camp in a world that already had gone to hell. To me this is simply implausible. The whole Garreth character is inconsistent to me. He isn't simply a good guy gone bad, but a sadist who really enjoys running his little KZ, playing mind games with his victims and eventually eating them. I don't get what the whole "We used to save people."-thing is supposed to tell me.
    Considering that, I also didn't like the ending of the Terminians. On the one hand I'm pretty glad they ended that arc in time, not making it Woodbury 2.0 and thereby avoiding to become too repetitive. On the other hand it went down surprisingly easy. Taking into account the almost supernatural abilities of the Terminians (knowing names, they couldn't really know, spotting everything from the hidden bag in the woods to Daryl and Carol riding off, knowing what Carol did) they got trapped in that ambush very easily. And Garreth whole performance before being killed was also out of character. Would he really have given Rick the satisfaction of begging and negotiating for his life after what he had done? I don't think so.

Sorry, for the long essay but I had to get that out of my system. Still curious what turns this season will take next!

PS: To all the people who complain abouth Rick shoting in the dark: To me it was pretty clear that Sasha shot. We have seen her with the night scope looking for Bob in the beginning and her rifle had a silencer too. So why should Rick have been the one who shot?

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Rick maybe only shot the fingers of Gareth and the other was Sasha, killing both.

For a zombie show! This series is super high class even if it got flaws. I mean look at Z Nation. It screams C class big time.

8. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I don't know if the writers had this in mind ,but charitable/humanitarian pursuits have historically always drawn some sadists. I pictured Garteh , Alex(Alan whats was his brothers name) and Mary people the type of people who volunteered at a soup kitchen before the ZA. Mary and Alex getting that warm glow from feeding the hungry and Gareth secretly basking in the suffering. I have no problem believing that some of the current "nicest good guys" would be the most horrific in a ZA.

9. Dead man walking

It was awesome. Finally dealt with the bad guys quickly without dragging it out for a season. Superb.

10. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

Best episode so far imo. I didn't want to see Gareth turn into the new "Governor".
    Time to move on to the next great epic episode with Rick and Co. after the awful "Slabtown" and mediocre "Self Help" episodes.
    "Bottle episodes SUCK!"

11. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

I completely disagree that it was a good idea to kill Gareth off so quickly. First, what was the point in introducing tainted meat into the equation if they were all going to be killed that episode? Gareth drew me in as a villain. I loved hearing his speeches to Bob amd Martin was also pretty solid. To me the season did a nosedive as soon as they were killed. We go from cannibals that posed a real threat and had me on edge wondering what they were going to do next to Beth in a hospital with some woman hoping to be rescued and a perv with lollipops and then a road trip with Abe. What would have been so bad about letting the Hunters story be "dragged" out until the mid season finale. They could have showed scenes that showed us where Beth was, but that should have been given far less time. Same with the Eugene reveal.

12. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

OMG I 100% agree. I LOVED Gareth as a villain and I also liked hearing his speeches. It could have been drawn out longer and went a lot further than it did. I was thinking the hunters were going to follow the group as they travelled and try to pick them off one by one. It had me on the edge and it was over too quickly. (LOL perv with lollipops)

13. Necrophile213

I loved the idea of the group being stalked the way the Hunters were doing. It would have been the perfect way for them to have weeded out some of the more useless characters. Terminus also offered a great back story. I would have loved to have seen an episode dedicated to when it was taken and how they managed to take it back. Gareth could have been shown learning how to knit sweaters with Mary and would have been more interesting than Beth at any point in the series. I was simply in awe of his cold and calm objectivity. He said everything so matter of factly, even when talking about his mom and brother. It was obvious that he had grown to find a certain level of enjoyment in what he was doing, but it was also obvious that he wasn't a natural socio. I'm a huge true crime fan amd found myself just dying to be inside his head. He accomplished things in the most efficient way possible without being bound by the chains of morality. So great to meet another true Gareth fan.

14. Lady Nightshade

I couldn't have said it better myself. Considering the last couple episodes were pointless and a total bore imo it would have been great to see them do a back episode of Gareth and how terminus came to be and how they took it.back. Gareth and Mary would have been awesome and I wanted to see more of them both.

Avid crime/serial killer fan here as well :D I loved how calm and direct he was. He was so...unwavering. Didn't matter what a person said, he was going to do what he was going to do regardless. Most definitely a true fan of Gareths. When he died I even left a burning candle in the Gareth thread.

15. Necrophile213

I'm a pretty serious Quizup player and am 9th in the world in TWD. I changed my name to RIP Gareth for a week.im going to PM you as soon as I hit 50 post

#115 Necrophile213, Nov 15, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2014
  16. Lady Nightshade

That's awesome. Looking forward to that pm ;)

17. cowboy's person

I, too, am glad to see the cannibals dispatched so quickly. It was almost laughable how long the governor dragged on... all those scenes of him staring off into space all sinister. We got it: he's evil and somehow fooling people that he's not. Gareth and Martin were riveting and did not overstay their welcome. Same deal with Father Gabriel: interesting and well-acted character but I wouldn't mind if he went away sooner rather than later. I want to see the story play out with the core group. I'm tired of meeting all these new people. Isn't the population supposed to have been decimated by the zombie apocalypse? Why are we all of a sudden inundated with new possible foes and allies and folks in between?