Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

503 general chat

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by H5N1, Oct 28, 2014.

1. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Let's chat about 503 in this thread until everyone can access the 503 section again.

My favourite moment was Rick shooting off Gareth's fingers. I'm glad they add this scene from the comic and how they avoided doing too literally..

RIP Bob.

2. The Wolf

The Wolf Well-Known Member

My favorite scene was seeing Rick keeping his promise to Gareth and hacking him to death in "The Holy Church" with the red handled machete. I really liked that "no mercy" scene.

I thought the whole episode was great and I'm glad they didn't drag out Gareth's story line through all of season 5 like they did with The Governor in season 3 and part of 4.
    I also thought that Andrew West made a great villain as Gareth, I've never seen or heard of this actor before.
    Also I have much respect NOW for Lawrence Gillard Jr. who made me finally appreciate the character Bob Stookey. I heard he was on the show The Wire which I've never seen but heard of many times.

3. Walkindeadchick

Walkindeadchick Well-Known Member

Rick slaughtering Gareth was my favorite scene too Wolfie,it was frickin awesome!

4. The Wolf

Hello [MENTION=41282]Walkindeadchick[/MENTION] what are you doing awake at this hour my dear?
    I also liked the way Rick patiently listened to Gareth before chopping him up with the now infamous machete.
    BTW, I'm cooking brown rice and chicken for breakfast before work, I'm not joking, LOL! :)

5. tehwalkingdead

I find it hard to pinpoint a favourite scene from the episode, it was all pretty damn good, but I did like the slaughter of the hunters and the 'it's just four walls and a roof' line.

I kinda loved/hated Gareth though, so I was surprised and a little disappointed that he was only in the series for what, 5 episodes?

I guess it had to happen though.

6. The Wolf

I'm glad Gareth and his cannibalistic crew are gone, may they all rest in hell if there is a hell.

7. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

I love when they add comicscenes in the series. But I was afraid they never could do the 'chop-scene' like they did in the comics. Eventhough we didn't saw a lot, we all knew what happened in the comics. But Holy Shit they did it. Gareth's last speech was really satified. He changed from a cold-blooded canibal into a scary weak man. From day one I wish he would end like this.
    These 5 seconds when they gave us a glimp of the Machette, Rick's words 'besides, I already made you a promise' and the attack were the best 5 seconds of the Episode I guess. Sascha, Abe and Michonne joining him made it all even better.

8. Walkindeadchick

I thought you might be here and I wanted to talk to you but,I guess your still not getting my messages.I loved the whole scene with Rick and Gareth,I was screaming "hell yeah" when Rick started hacking away at him!I'm not a bit surprised that you're cooking chicken and rice right now,lol!

9. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Bob passing and his interactions with Sasha beforehand, just totally broke my heart! I honestly didn't think I would react as much as I did to his scenes, but I really got (and find myself getting) very emotional over it all. It's seriously affected me.

So props to the actors for that, totally touching scenes acted well by Lawrence and Sonequa, and everyone. Amazing nuanced performances.

I enjoyed seeing Rick and Abe having their Alpha-male stand-off moment with eachother.

Oh I also enjoyed Bob's "Suck it Bitchez" moment when he informed them he was TAINTED MEAT! (Love the sig btw @H5N1).

#9 CheesyBirdMess, Oct 28, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2014
  10. Jack Windham

Jack Windham Member

I especially loved when Bob went from crying to laughing. Tremendous acting.

11. The Wolf

Yeah obviously theirs still nothing working on the forum yet because I answered your PM.
    I'm starving, I can't wait until my rice is done so I can mix the chicken in with it and eat.
    I also liked how brutal Sasha was killing that A-hole who her brother Tyreese should have killed in the first place in the premier season 5 episode.
    At least Ty manned up and put Bob down before he turned.
    I hope this post gets through before I get kicked out again WDC! :)

12. Walkindeadchick

I got your message,did you get my reply?

13. The Wolf

Yes I did, you better stay on topic or some serious poster HERE will get mad at you because your not having a mature discussion about the latest episode of TWD, a show about reanimated walking corpses, LOL.
    I think I liked "Four Walls And A Roof" as much as I liked the season 5 premier episode.

14. Walkindeadchick

LOL!!!!!!!Yeah we better stay on topic.I agree about episode 3,it was as awesome as the premiere!

15. The Wolf

One thing I didn't like about the episode was the group splitting up again. I'm going to miss the totally hot Tara, but I'm definitely NOT GOING TO MISS Glen or Maggie. I'm hoping the bus crashes along with the GLAGGIE romance, LOL. ;)

16. AtlantaOverrun

In the comics..

17. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

I don't know, they can't use the actual farm because they're not permitted to use it again. I think they'll move on somewhere else.

I like how they're splitting up the group again this season.

18. jj_vsp

jj_vsp Well-Known Member

I really like the pacing of the first 3 epis, with that, one seems to get a glimpse of what it would be like in a ZA with being on your guard 24/7 and trying to survive every day. Keep things moving forward.

19. Walkindeadchick

LOL!!!!!!!!!I didn't give a damn about Glenn and Maggie leaving with Abe's group,I'm so sick of them and I can't stand Abe's group either!

20. AtlantaOverrun

True. They are really disappointed this season. I guess Tyreese's behaviour is contagious. I really loved them both in season 3. They were badass, but right now they seem weaker and out of energy. I wouldn't be sad if one of them would die.