Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

503 "In Memoriam" Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 503 - Four Walls and a Roof' started by jwcoombs, Oct 26, 2014.

1. jwcoombs

jwcoombs Well-Known Member

A moment of silence, and remembrance for all those we lost in episode 503 "Four Walls and a Roof:.

2. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

RIP
    Gareth, Mike, Greg, Theresa, Albert, and Martin.
    May you all roast in hells bbq pit

3. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

Goodbye Bob. I will always think of you when I hear the black bird song
    :'(

4. kennyisalive94

kennyisalive94 Well-Known Member

RIP Bob Stookey :(

5. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

Well, I always thought they didn't make enough use of Bob but at least they gave him a memorable and iconic death that will be remembered by fans of the show and the comic alike. RIP Bob. I wish I got to know you a little better.

6. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

RIP, Bob. At least you were tasty.

7. Dreet

Dreet Well-Known Member

I got teary eyed and started to get a lump in my throat when Bob spoke his last words to Rick. Even as he was dying he was still his optimistic self, reassuring Rick that he is still a good man and to not to lose his humanity.

8. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

Best goodbye/death yet for the good guys (before this it was Jim). Bob may have had some demons but don't we all? He was a good man and he will be missed. And while I won't miss the Termites, I will miss Andrew j West.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jkloc420

jkloc420 New Member

I think Daryl is calling the dog at the end of this episode.

10. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

RIP Martin. Actually, **** you. Now who's gonna get me all hot and bothered while I watch the show?!?!

[​IMG]

11. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

Lol, that's what I told my husband.

12. BarbDwyer

BarbDwyer Well-Known Member

Well said. I agree with it being the best death - by far. AJW was awesome as Gareth. Great character to be in only 4 episode, a horrible twisted person, and still so great to watch!

13. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

I might even go as far as to say he (Gareth) is the best villain so far. He was fantastic.

14. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

Gareth meeting Rick's machete was amazing, but he was such a good character on his time on the show. He did grab my attention every time he was on screen, and Andrew J. West did a great job with his character. I also enjoy him so much off the show, especially being such a huge fan of the show. I will miss hating you. RIP Gareth.

I've always liked Bob, and he was so good in this last episode. The tainted meat was great and Lawrence really knocked that out of the park. I was worried about how it would come across on TV, but he did it so well. Then, his chats with Sasha and Rick I loved. The loner who was afraid of being alone after losing two groups was completely gone and he couldn't help but be happy and see the positives in everything (seriously, him getting bitten and then getting cannibalized, and then choosing to laugh because he's tainted meat and the Terminites are feeding on him is so perfect for Bob). I really hope Sasha can learn from Bob's optimism and take it with her in the future, but I know it's going to be hard for her. I also really want Judith to be in the show in the long run now, after Bob's comment about looking at her and telling him the world is not going to change. Sad to see him go but I do like how his arc went and finished. RIP Bob.

Also, Mike and Albert were great too. Did you see how quickly they hit the floor after Rick popped bullets through their skulls? Phenomenal acting. RIP Mike and Albert.

15. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

RIP Bob Stookey. You will be missed.

[​IMG]

16. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I loved that flashback scene they did of Bob's post-apocalyptical wanderings. Thanks!
    Bob was good value on the journey to Terminus too.

17. nomaveck

nomaveck Member

Success! First time I've been able to access this section since it opened.

Anyway, I also loved his deathbed scenes with Rick and Sasha. I especially loved the shots and sentiment of Rick holding Judith while also holding Bob's hand. Bob's last words to him and his "I'll take it." were very affecting. Bob the Optimist ended up being a character that I loved.

Bob's arc went from being annoying/throwaway to well-written and complete. The loner, as you call him, came full circle at his end. Instead of being the last one left yet again, he was the first to go, not standing alone, surrounded by the only people in the world he cared about. I don't think there's any other character in the show who's died as contentedly and peacefully as he did. Cannibalism, notwithstanding.

Most of the characters in the show are probably destined for horrible, violent deaths. I dare say most of them won't be lucky enough to have as gentle and peaceful (relative to the crapsack world they live in) a death as Bob got to have.