Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

505 Self Help - Praises and Compliments

Discussion in 'Episode 505 - Self-Help' started by CheesyBirdMess, Nov 10, 2014.

1. Komodia

Komodia Member

Eugene got beat up pretty bad which gives me hope that he may die. Now we need something to happen to Abe.

2. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

sadly no Sasha, in the comics. The firefighter thing came out on The Talking Dead. They haven't mentioned it in the series. That's the thing about TTD- there are some great little nuggets of info- if you can get past all of the banter.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PipForever

PipForever Member

Um, am I the only one who noticed that the CGI were way off in one scene? When Tara stabs the zombie that was walking towards Eugene in the beginning, her knife was really far away from the zombie's head, but it still hit him... Very weird.

4. Lady Nightshade

Lady Nightshade Well-Known Member

The episode was in itself very uninteresting to me. The most riveting moment was of course Eugenes revelation and Abrahams reaction, which left me thinking WTF Abraham??? WTF*ingF?????

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

I think the tyre thing was to showcase that they had got complacent. It was said by one of the characters that the bookshop and the little town they were in looked untouched, and they wanted to stay another day and scout for supplies. Which as we know, Abraham totally dismissed.

6. IncognitoForever

IncognitoForever Active Member

I liked Eugene's walk - run - stumble in the flashback scene when we was calling for help. His monotone Texan mumble gets me every time. He does bring comical relief to the show.

7. nomaveck

nomaveck Member

Ah that could be true. I was putting it down to the writers wanting to add another funny moment. But if it is to showcase complacency, then I'll be transferring my ire to the characters instead of the writers because the characters should know better.

8. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Definitely could have been the writers... I mean the logic of the water-kills got me more than the tyre thing. I agree with you that these guys get far too comfortable in their surroundings, and I do agree they should have known better.

I will say I thought the episode overall had an 'out of place' feeling to it, I don't know if it was the writing, the flashbacks, it just being centred around Abraham and his group - especially after not seeing our group last week - or what... Just felt like the tone was off, and it wasn't really my Walking Dead... Doesn't mean I didn't like the episode, I did enjoy it far better rewatching it a couple of times, and have a lot of fun moments that are new favourites. But yeah, there was just something off kilter there, and a few too many issues I had with how a few things happened - Which is why I was trying to put a positive spin on things and not dwell on the negatives... But oh well. I tried lol.

9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I think it would have been funny if Eugene had gone flying up into the air when he turned on the hose and was zig zagging back and forth from the water pressure against the ground like happens in the cartoons. And then he just ended up all tangled in the hose hanging upside down over the front windshield. And he didn't get a single walker.

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I don't know why, but I liked how they showed little details of them building a fire with book pages, boiling toilet water, using wire hangers to cook on, etc. Other than raiding cupboards for canned food and building bonfires i don't recall a lot of detail in that regard.

I also enjoyed:

11. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

If you all alone in the ZA with Eugene, nobody else, how long would it take for you to strike up a relationship with him?

12. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Knowing what I know about him from the show, like his peeping tom ways and his lie about the cure? A day. Oh wait, I would want to play hard to get...so maybe 2 days :p. Seriously though it would probably take me a while to warm up to him mostly because he's so...robotic. He would have to show a sense of humor and make himself useful somehow lol.

13. Something2Fear

I've seen a lot of people make complaints about the flashback scenes, however I liked em quite a bit. I really liked seeing how Abe and Eugene met.

14. Bernadette

Bernadette Well-Known Member

We had a good laugh at "Tennessee Tophat".

15. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Same here. If anyone needed some flashbacks, it was Abraham. Felt they added/explained a lot about his character (like why he was all DC all the time), which up until this episode hadn't had any real development. I also think Abraham will delve into more detail about those flashbacks during a talk with Rick or Glenn sometime down the road.

16. A1337sti

A1337sti Member

Loved the flash backs with Abraham / Eugene . also liked the "not so Self help" section of the library.