Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

506 - Consumed - Praise and Positivity!

Discussion in 'Episode 506 - Consumed' started by CheesyBirdMess, Nov 17, 2014.

1. ubear

ubear Member

I like this thread. Its so much more interesting to see what people like about an episode than what they didn't.

I thought the whole episode was good, from the opening credits to the last scene.

Liked it when Carol yelled at the walker to 'GO AWAY'. That was all she needed after the day she had. The song before the opening credits.
    Driving into Atlanta at night.
    Both of them standing by the window looking out onto the desolation of the city wondering how it had all come to this.
    Carol holding Daryl's hand before the van drop.
    The art scene was funny.
    Camper walkers, even though it was sad to think that the people must have originally survived only to have been killed at a later stage.
    Liked Noah as well.
    Plus what every one else has said.

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

That magical van and how it was able to defy the laws of physics and land on its wheels right side up, even though it looked like it was about to land on its roof! Happy happy happy!

(The van actually did land on its roof; they used a second van dropped from a crane for the shot.)

3. frawniemae

frawniemae Well-Known Member

[MENTION=51542]CheesyBirdMess[/MENTION] thanks so much for starting this thread. I've been away for a week nearly and this is the first one I clicked on after FINALLY getting to watch the epi last night. (that was the longest wait ever!!) I must agree with what everyone else has said. This was the episode I was looking most forward to; the one where they really get to talk and reconnect. They have such a special relationship and I don't know if they are going to hook up or if Bethyl will win out but I do love these 2 together. I guess because out of everyone else, they do really have some things in common.
    There isn't anything that I didn't like about this epi (except that it, like all of them, was too short). I kind of got creeped out with the sleeping bag walkers only because we had just gotten back from camping and I know what it's like to get caught in your sleeping bag! (damn zipper!!) I think Daryl's comment during that portion (not sure of the exact wording "what the world's coming to") was more about why would you sleep in a tent in an enclosed space? That paper thin cloth isn't giving you that much more privacy. Oh well...and then to not be able to get out because walkers can't work zippers. Kinda funny but totally relatable.

The best thing about watching this episode so late is that now I only have to wait until tomorrow to see the next one!!

4. batongal

batongal Active Member

Maybe it landed right side up because mother Mary was on the dashboard ; )- There goes that religious symbolism again.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

6. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I like this answer. I like symbolism. ;)

8. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

Best part were those walkers trapped in the sleeping bags. I laughed so hard because that's an embarrassing way to die AND return. :zombies_lol:

9. batongal

batongal Active Member

of course I'm reading way too much into stuff n thangs the producers didn't mean to put there. chuckle.

10. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Weren't you one that complained about all the "bitching" going on in the complaints threads and other threads about... funny how you haven't joined in, but will complain about complaints and post stupid pics around.

You would never know it from the bitchy snipe posts you make.

Honestly, I'm saying it, because you're pissing me off lately with your double-speak - You're a damn hypocrite.

#90 CheesyBirdMess, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  11. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

Thought Consumed did a great job of re-establishing Daryl and Carol's relationship after so much time apart. They both went through a lot separately, and Carol's practically a different person. There interactions were very telling (Norman and Melissa's chemistry as always was off the charts).

My favorite thing about the episode, though, was the cinematography - it was stunning. Loved seeing Atlanta again.

#91 Alec96, Nov 22, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2014
  12. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Even though it was a bit of photoshop when the crosscar went into the city in the darkness, I actually slightly yelled at my tv "Holy shit! That's amazing! I like that! Wowza"

13. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Yes, I liked it too. Overall, a great episode - a fine way to spend 3 hours of one's life. I also like this thread...start one up for the next episode too please "cheesy":Grin:

14. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Some say the glass is half empty, some say the glass is half full. I say the glass is too big. – George Carlin