Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

507- [Crossed] Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 507 - Crossed' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 22, 2014.

1. Strawberry

Strawberry Member

One explanation for leaving Michonne is to have someone who can kick some ass if trouble comes. Tyreese wouldn't, Gabriel is nuts in a non ass-kicking way and I don't think Carl is capable to take care of it all on his own. Just a thought.

2. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I wondered about that but I think one of the few things that could stir Tyreese to action would be a threat to Judith.

3. Alina

Alina Well-Known Member

The scene that sent me bonkers was the prison scene where Beth delivers her bribe to her prison associate and he fakes a coughing fit to distract all the guards while Beth rifles the medicine cabinet and then they exchange a glance and he's all fine because mission accomplished. Holy hell.

Under Mazzara the writers wrote bad horror movie clichés (the Guv stalks Andrea), now under Gimple they're writing bad prison movie clichés.

4. J K

J K Member

Just when I thought this show was really going places after the first 3 episodes with the awesomeness of the Termites/Hunters, tainted meat, this lame ass filler hospital plot comes along. This is the definitely the worst plot line they have come up with and some the worst writing to date. My interest is at an all time low. Hopefully Beth gets thrown down that elevator shaft. This chick Dawn is the lamest excuse for a villain/antagonist, I feel absolutely zero threat from her and her gang unlike the Gov and Gareth.

These dummies should know better, listen to Rick assholes. How could they not trust his judgment after what went down with the termites. Instead we get Daryl saving that bald cop for no reason, Sasha left alone and turns her back on Bob 2 and that ***** Tyreese who wants to work out a deal, ugh it's sickening.

They have all the intel on this place through Noah, they have hostages, they had the element of surprise, they have silenced weapons, they have Beth on the inside. Everything is in their favor and yet these **** tards are going to try to bargain.

Trust Rick you dummies, they should have left that bitch baby sitter Tyreese home, brought Michonne and Carl for an all out assault.

5. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

Easily the worst arc in the series and all so they could get more focus on Beth. They discarded what could have been the best antagonist the show had seen yet to focus on Beth and Abraham. Gareth chewing food for an hour would have provided me with more entertainment than Slabtown and Self Help. A half season wasted leading up to them thrown away after 4 episodes to focus on Beth. The elevator shaft wouldn't be fitting for her. She deserves far more suffering for the damage she has caused to this show. Dawn gets weaker and weaker with each episode and even if they actually give us a strong finish with MSF I will still se her as a poorly written villain and I'm not so sure that all her fault. There was at least a little bit of potential with the idea of her character. One problem. Most of the hospital scenes weren't spent developing her character. They were spent on Beth.

6. J K

J K Member

I agree 100%, another few episodes with Gareth would have been nice. It was great to see him dispatched so quickly but they missed an opportunity there for a few more episodes with him.

My first impressions of the Hospital was that it was some sort of sick place where they were doing all sorts of despicable medical experiments on people in a sick Nazi sort of way. They missed an opportunity for some real horrific shit to go down in there, it would have made Dawn's crew fairly intimidating.

Instead I have no idea how or why Dawn is even in charge or how she is even remotely a threat to anyone. They take people in to treat them but then they piss and moan that they are using up valuable resources. If they do survive they are turned into orderlies and mop floors, the most retarded plot line ever.

7. Necrophile213

Necrophile213 Well-Known Member

When I first saw the trailer I was hoping that Dawn would be second in command of some David Koresh like cult that was obsessed with the idea of repopulating the earth by kidnapping young women and repeatedly impregnating them and had themselves barricaded in a hospital. Dawn would have never been the leader of it was up to me. Had someone told me that they initially brought people there to save them and they were kept there to mop floors and satisfy the sex drives of a few cops I would have laughed.

8. Strawberry

Strawberry Member

That's an interesting idea. Now that I think about it, has the show touched on people who were ZA Preppers? That would have been cool.

9. J K

J K Member

Oh man that's a great idea!! I could totally see it, brainwashed, die hard cult followers that would be willing to sacrifice themselves to defend their leader and who would do anything to implement his will. So many more cool, creepy, sick ways they could have gone.

The grandma of the hospital gang bangers in Season 1 was more intimidating and had more respect than this Dish Rag Dawn.

10. mtito914

mtito914 Active Member

hahaha, hilarious stuff man! Very well put, and thank you.

11. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

That new female cop? What is she doing driving around with this bunch of sex offenders? I didn't know a cop uniform is anti rape armor or that rapists would ignore the fact she is a woman and not make a grab for her too. If she is actively kidnapping other women ,then she needs a bullet between the eyes. Or maybe I missed the part she explained her role in the whole skeezy operation, she didn't come across as mental as Dawn so what's her excuse.

12. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

Lol'd too loudly, now embarrassed. Thx. I hate when mine purrs late at night, the gibbering i can handle. #teampaynus

13. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

That and the loud hammering...

14. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

Tyrese + Father Gabriel, um no way. Suicide.

15. makeupnbacon

makeupnbacon New Member

Yes , that was just telenovella bad.

16. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Yeah it was far too obvious! I mean have some subtlety! Considering they didn't give us enough to figure out WTF caused Abrahams wife to run away with the kids - then they give us this obvious cliche - it's getting pretty ridiculous.

17. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

You know, I'm reading over everything and trying to sort the lines out and I end up wondering if Dawn/Grady is a red herring of sorts, a diversionary tactic from a different, far more ominous Big Bad. Dawn herself doesn't have enough gravitas to really worry anyone, and it's clear that her authority lacks, well, authority. Is there someone behind her--maybe someone we've only briefly glimpsed? Dawn goes down, the group thinks they're in the clear, and then...

My other thought is that Grady involves a ton of bloodshed, a rootin'-tootin' Old West gunfight, and they save both Carol and Beth, perhaps the above (currently unknown!) villain makes a get-away (either after having been "outed" or before, when the group thinks they've completely succeeded). Music's winding down, and effin' Eugene takes out Maggie. And she's the main character we lose. A couple of people have said that Eugene actually said real words, but I've seen in other articles that it was inarticulate groaning. Does anyone know for sure?

#77 WalkingBuckeye, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  18. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Gimple always gives us little hints into the future. The strawberrys Beth gave the old fatty will be planted inside Dawns pants. But the thing we don't know till next episode is that the Strawberrys were bitten by a walker (by Beth's doing) and the Walker Strawberry will eat Dawn's insides that entered through her vagina and the Strawberry then reproduces more walker Strawberrys inside of Dawn at a accelerated rate, and then there will be a million different little strawberrys and they eat the rest of the cops.
    [​IMG]

After that Derle suddenly has 50 grenades with all the pins pulled thanks to God mode Hershel's gift from the heavens, and Derle grows 50 arms and throws all 50 nades at once at the hospital and the explosion is bigger than any Micheal Bay movie explosions and every walking dead explosion combined.

But wait.... one person caught a grenade, It was Beth. And her last words is her singing I'll catch a grenade for you by Bruno Mars and the rest of the group spontaneously throws up for an hour straight. Beth then explodes with nothing but her head. And the episode ends with Derle holding Beths head with the Darth vader voice over. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.

Rick then shows up to comfort Derle, and he says "Don't worrie babe, there's more fish in the sea" And Derle replys "Bitch owed me a coke"

#78 Gaycandybacon, Nov 24, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2014
  19. FISH

FISH Member

I think it probably has more to do with who Rick trusts to protect his children, i had the same debate with my wife as we watched it, we both would have taken Michonne but then once we bought the children into the equation we understood the reason to leave Michonne with them.

20. Ed Dim

Ed Dim Member

If Dawn's supposed to be the latest charismatic, sociapathic leader of a murderous crew, then that's lame. Her character is either terribly miscast or poorly written, or both because she's not even scary. Terminus Mary was more "Watch yourself - that bitch be cray" than Dawn who just reminds me of a quivering Chihuahua that growls and snaps occasionally but mostly just looks nervous.

I look forward to Beth dying next Sunday - probably doing something heroic (a guess and wish, not a spoiler). Will she become Walker-Beth? Will Daryl have to put her down? Or will it all be some kind of cliffhanger?