Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[513]- Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

I forgot to add the 'You're part of the family' to Noah was just eye rolling, they have known him what 2 weeks? He has been part of the reason Beth and Tyreese died and is the ultimate clutz it seems but hey ho he is family.

2. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I agree with others in that this seemed out of character for Rick, and there was next to no development between him and Jessie to even warrant his thinking of sneaking a kiss. At this point the only way I *might* justify it would be that Rick has been without female companionship for so long that his hormones got the better of him. Actually, no...can't even justify it then. It just didn't make sense. The writing team seemed to be fast forwarding events to fit everything in, and what got left out was some crucial lead-in scenes.

What bothered me much more than that peck on the cheek though, was the scene where Jessie and her husband Pete are walking away, and Rick begins fingering his gun (no, not metaphorically speaking) as he stares at Pete. Wait...he meets the guy, he's got some sudden attraction thing going on with the guy's wife, and now Rick wants to kill him? This is not only totally out of character for Rick, it just doesn't make sense. Too many corners being cut to tell the story, imo.

That said though, I still enjoyed the episode. lol...while watching the scene between Carol and the kid I thought, "wow...Carol should've been a teacher". :zombies_lol: Carol does threatening real good. The only scene I hated was the death of Buttons. Ugh. Horrible horrible horrible...poor horse...

3. Camilleyun

Camilleyun Well-Known Member

I can't even rate this episode. I neither liked or disliked it. Most of it just felt weird - like everything and everyone is just "off". I can't even tell if that vibe is intentional or it's just me. I don't think Alexandria, Deanna and the rest are what they seem even though I can't quite put my finger on anything specific The thing with Daryl and Aaron -- is that real? or is this a clever way to separate Daryl from the group? Aaron says it's his idea, that he asked Deanna NOT to assign him a job - just don't see Deanna leaving a what-to-do-with-Mr.Dixon problem up to him. Maybe I'm wrong but ...Aaron just happens to be out in the woods while Daryl is, just happens to catch him walking by on spaghetti night, and just happens to occupy the former house of a guy who built motorcycles, and happens to have just the perfect solution for what Daryl can do. Deanna and the rest of the Alexandria crew give me a Stepford wife feel and I guess as some of our group try/pretend to fit in they give the same vibe. I feel like something is very, very wrong all the way around.
    It was one big episode of WTF for me.

4. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

Olivia is just big boned, and fluffy.

5. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Eugenes gonna tap dat...

6. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Not if Rick 'Peter Stringfellow' Grimes gets there first.

7. CheesyBirdMess

CheesyBirdMess Well-Known Member

Well, even if he didn't get there first, I'm sure Rick wouldn't care...

[​IMG]

8. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

win/win

9. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

She's gonna pull dat Mullet so hard

10. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

I hate seeing violence against animals, even if it is a zombie apocalypse show. Sorry but the horse scene upset me, especially since it had a name.

11. J K

J K Member

Oh Noah, would you just **** off and die already you little shit. And NO you are not part of the family, NO NO NO NO NO, you just got two of the real family killed. Why would they accept this useless little shit bag into their group?

12. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Whelp, thanks for sharing. It's out of character for Rick, not that it's morally wrong or something.

Rick is is holding pow-wows with Daryl and Carol outside of the gates, regarding plans of stockpiling weapons, Rick spoke of taking ASZ (if need be). Freaks out inside the gates, when he can no longer see Carl or Judith.

That is not the concerned, overly cautious leader that pecks a married woman on the cheek...at a party.

13. sam12six

sam12six Member

How do we know it's out of character? We've seen him interact with, what, 6 women? And even if it's out of character, it's Rick, he's insane. Nothing an insane person does is really out of character.

Even if you want to argue that he's not insane but simply has an extraordinarily flexible personality and moral compass, it was a peck on the cheek!

Had he held a meeting with Daryl and Carol and told them he's ready to settle down and that they should turn in their guns and forget about what's going on outside the walls, that would be going against the paranoid maniac we know him to be this season. He's been talking about and planning for the possibility that the group might want to kill everyone in the community and take their shit. Taking Jesse for himself and killing her husband dovetails nicely with those plans, plus it fits his history since he took Lori for himself and killed Shane.

14. Casca910

Casca910 Active Member

How is it out of character? Everyone thinks this is about Rick falling for her (and he may be). Or/and he is playing her to get her support if he takes over.
    Remember this is the 'Do anything to protect his group' Rick.

15. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Come on man, don't be so hating. He didn't get anyone killed. Ok, maybe Tyreese. But not Beth. Beth was doing something stupid that got herself killed.
    And Tyreese had gotten so useless lately (couldn't even kill a guy who harmed a baby) that we wouldn't miss him.

16. hansonhowell

hansonhowell Member

Lol I love how you're talking about women like commodities. Lori and Jessie are just something for Rick to take, like bottles of shampoo at Walmart. Btw, Rick didn't take anyone. Those women voluntarily fell for him. Did you see the way Jessie was looking at Rick the entire time? She was inviting.

17. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

When we say it was out of character for Rick to kiss Jessie, most of us probably don't mean that it was out of character for him to like her or be attracted to her. More so that it just doesn't fit his whole cautious persona (particularly when he's planning a takeover) to drop his guard and show affection to a stranger when he's still displaying distrust of Alexandria and been there for a matter of days.

If it'd happened a couple of episodes later after Rick's established more of a trust with the community and has maybe given up on the whole takeover idea then maybe it'd work better. As it was though, I just thought it was a bit of an oversight.

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Yeah, i don't get these comments, like people are damning Rick to hell, b/c of a kiss? That's not it all, as you stated.

*sigh* I see such a double standard. Rick will get the high 5s for sleeping with Jessie, but Andrea & Lori will always be the whores.

19. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Yep. I was gonna say something along the same lines.

20. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

The Rick trying to play Jessie angle is an interesting one, because she told him she's been there for a long time (just a couple of months after the outbreak), so he probably assumes she knows a thing or two about what their emergency precautions are, or some of their secrets that Deanna isn't keen on telling new recruits.

That would be the best case scenario, but I'm still not going to damn him to hell for it either. Might be an oversight on the writers part, but it's not like this is the first time it's happened.