Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[513]- Complaints and Criticisms

Discussion in 'Episode 513 - Forget' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

One episode with spencer and he's at #3!!!! You kill me :)

2. Steppin' Razor

Haha, it's funny how so many people seem to think like this. But we WANT to see people get killed on these shows lol.... I agree though, no one wants to see animals killed. I guess it's cuz they're so innocent haha.

3. DietWater

DietWater Well-Known Member

Ha, not only that, but he was only in it for like half a minute. :zombies_lol:

Heres hoping he gets more screen time, but I don't see dethroning Shane or Aaron. :p

4. Prufrock

Well, what a half min it was!

id be all over that...but I'd have to add a half rating in there, for Nathan.

5. sam12six

sam12six Member

Obviously, unless you're prepared to go the Grady cops' route, you can't take someone who doesn't want to be taken. If someone's with someone else, though, and makes it clear that they're open to dropping the other person for you, I don't know what you could call it but taking them if you accept the invitation.

Daryl looks to be on the verge of taking Aaron from Eric, too. Oh noes!! Now I'm talking about men like commodities.

I didn't personally see anything whorish about Andrea's sexual activity. Lori was whorish, not because she went to Shane because she thought Rick was dead, but that she left a happy relationship to go back to Rick when he showed up.

Anyway, Jesse's not particularly hot and she's throwing herself at Rick. I don't see how his accepting the offer would justify high fives... come to think about it, I've never seen guys celebrate sexual activity the way women seem convinced that we do (though a guy did solemnly shake my hand in high school like I'd jumped in front of a bullet for the president, but I think that was his dream girl). I think it's like how some guys think women have naked pillow fights when they have a sleepover - it's just misinformed members of the other gender imagining how they interact when the opposite sex is not present.

EDIT: I've never been able to stand hanging around with juvenile idiots, so that may also be why I haven't seen it.

6. Prufrock

I did not refer to you at all about Andrea/Lori, but I'm glad I now, know your sexual history.

i wasn't referring to "real life", I was referring to the almost obscene thread comments about those characters.

7. sam12six

sam12six Member

Though I've implied that Lori was a doorknob myself, I do agree with your taking exception to a lot of the comments about Andrea. I just have a problem with with the generalization that all straight males think promiscuous guys are heroes and promiscuous women are sluts.

I've heard many people say, "She'll sleep with anybody. You should (or I won't) associate with her.", and you know what? It was a woman saying this every single time. It's just one of those things women do then somehow decide men are the ones doing it - like the "impossible body image" we men are supposed to be holding women to. Look at any magazine geared toward men and you won't find 6', 95lb women in it, yet I've heard more than one woman go off about how men expect a woman to look like she belongs in Marie Claire.

8. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

No Tara, Eugene or Gabriel.

9. charlbomb

charlbomb New Member

In the first episode of the season, Rick was willing to allow a person to be locked up in a boxcar and use him or them as bait. That's a terrible way to kill someone. Rick had no idea who was even in there. There could've been kids in there for all he knew. I don't feel this is out of the question for him now. At least even to just wrestle with it.

10. Doomhed

Doomhed Member

I have a feeling we will see more development from both Eugene and Tara. Tara feels out of place because she was with the governor. Eugene knows he lied and cost 9 people their lives. Gabriel might even be involved because he feels useless. He had 1 calling and he subverted it for his own survival.

11. KAY EL

KAY EL Member

I can see sloppy writing again.

They brought in Rick and Co. because of their experience out there in zombie world and now the head woman here is disregarding Rick and Sasha's advice in securing Alexandria? What gives???

12. AllieSinn

AllieSinn Member

The last couple of episodes, we've at least seen them standing around in the background, but this week, not even that. I'm no big fan of Father Gabriel, but if they're going to have him on the show, they should at least acknowledge that he still exists.

13. bstill

bstill Member

Carol tells rick and and Daryl that the group have a box of 9mm autos that they're not using. When she opens the crate she starts stealing revolvers, not the 9mm autos.

14. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

But she still has her priorities right...she stole the chocolate, didn't she? :p

15. Mhorad

Mhorad New Member

Couldn't disagree more. This scene is perhaps the best thought out and most heart moving scene I've witnessed recently. The lead up to it has been intense and the glimpses of Rick turning from rock solid goodness to slowly being corrupted is finally culminating. They didn't rush it, and the writing and execution has been fantastic. I can't believe so many people disliked this episode.

I am not a forum person, but I have purposely searched out this forum to discuss this episode, and it is staggering to me that you have such venom towards the brillance of the writing and the performance.

The song is perfect (where is the sun). Try listening to the words and you know exactly what the writers are trying to acomplish, which matches exactly with what the actor is demostrating. The guy (rick) has been doing nothing but concentrating on the survival of his group for so long, and completely selflessly to boot. Suddenly he's in a relaxed situation, and the cracks that he's fought so hard to keep together in his own psyche are coming through.

The attraction to the girl is initially a corrupted 'white knight' scenario. He is drawn to the need that she demonstrates for someone to 'save' her, and in turn that has developed into a more base state. Someone said earlier, that he is the chaser...this is simply not the case. She was the first approach with the hair cut, and you could instantly tell she was the pursuer.

In the final scene of EP13, we can see rick's animalistic nature rise as he watches her from behind as he moves from protector to desire+protector. Mouth open and eyes roving downward. His focus then moves to the husband, but it he is not recognising him as a husband/protector. He is seeing him as a threat to a person he has decided to protect, and this is tied to the desire he feels as well.

The following peice with the song is reflecting his own darkness 'where is the sun... that shone... on my head....the sun in my life....it is dead, it is dead'....

He is starting to crack, and I'm sure, if the Husband was a good man, the old rick would win the battle, and he would do the right thing. However, his is justifying his desire to win the girl at all costs by 'protecting' people from the woman beater....

We all saw how he ended up executing the husband....and even waited for 'permission' to do it...but we all know the real reason....desire. He is becoming as bad as shane, although it has taken much much longer.

We hope and pray for the true rick to triumph....but as time and situation gets tougher, he is reverting to his base needs....despite us wanting him never to change....he is.

A pivotal point in the whole story line.

Thanks for reading. M

• Like Like x 1