Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

6-11 Title/Description and Writer/Director

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Tony Davis, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Tony Davis

Tony Davis Administrator
    Staff Member

Title- Knots Untie

Description- After Rick comes to the realization that Alexandria might not be as safe as he thought, decisions must be made about where to go from here.

Writer- Matt Negrete http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0619408/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

• Indifference (S4-E4)
    • Inmates w/Channing Powell (S4-E10)
    • Slabtown w/Channing Powell (S5-E4)
    • Consumed w/Corey Reed (S5-E6)
    • Spend (S5-E14)
    • First Time Again w/Scott Gimple (S6-E1)
    • Start To Finish (S6-E8)

Writer- Channing Powell http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2444553/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

• Internment (s4-E5)
    • Inmates- w/Matt Negrete (S4-E10)
    • Slabtown- w/Matt Negrete (S5-E4)
    • Remember (S5-E12)
    • Heads Up (S6-E7)

Director- Michael E. Satrazemis http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0766349/?ref_=fn_al_nm_1

• The Grove (S4-E14)
    • Slabtown (S5-E4)
    • Try (S5-E15)
    • Start To Finish (S6-E8)

#1 Tony Davis, Feb 21, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2016
  2. radi0face

radi0face New Member

Season 6 Episode 11 Title

This hasn't been confirmed by a reliable source yet (I.e. The Spoiling Dead Fans) but Wikipedia have listed the title for episode 6x11 as "Knots Untie." This is interesting as it seems to suggest conflict and the possible deconstruction of relationships. The title has no reference on Wikipedia so I can't vouch for it, but I quite like it; what do you guys think? Also, it's been written by Matthew Negrete and Channing Powell whose previous collaborations are Slabtown and Inmates; not the best track record - hopefully this episode redeems them!

• Like Like x 1
  3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Oh good, two of my least favourite episodes ever.

4. radi0face

radi0face New Member

Exactly, expectations aren't very high; Matthew Negrete wrote Start to Finish as well...

5. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

No, it is "Nuts Unite!" <~ Note the exclamation point. It is in reference to how Jesus cold-booted Daryl in the beanbag, in conjunction with how Rick was going right up to the hilt with Michonne, along with the collection of survivors within the ASZ walls meeting up with a new group of people who have no business surviving in the Zombie Apocalypse. It is a multi-layered reference, as The Walking Dead likes to do...

Right, right, I'm right aren't I?

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

They tie Jesus up on the way to the hilltop and he unties the knots. Easy peasy.

7. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I think [MENTION=103141]radi0face[/MENTION] may have a point re: relationships, based on the promo with Sasha and Abe. It definitely didn't sound like a "Hey, new lover!" kinda discussion, to the extent that she won't be patrolling with him anymore. I tend to think of knots more in terms of confinement and restraint rather than committed bonding (S&M excepted, of course). I wonder if it'll involve people moving into connections that are more a function of choice versus crisis necessity.

8. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

In the promo, Rick is handcuffing Jesus, my bet is he's using the handcuffs because 'knots untie', thinking that's what Rick will tell Jesus.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

For the love of god...

10. PassionatePat

PassionatePat Member

There is a promo on I think the French AMC YouTube page that shows Jesus in hand cuffs and a group Carl, Daryl, Michone, and Glenn (correct me if I am wrong) driving to and seem to be out side the Hilltop via issues 93-95. So they seem to be progressing rather quickly which is interesting because I am under the impression that 6.16 will be the introduction of Negan Via issue 100. So they have a lot of time to develop stories leading up to this.
    I could be wrong with this and as I am new I am still unsure about the rules about talking about the comics in the TV section of the forum.

11. BlackLightning

Come on, Inmates and Start to Finish weren't bad episodes.

Just be sure to use spoiler tags.

Thank you for this. Every prediction video for 6x11 that I've seen on YouTube misses out on this.

My first thoughts when I saw this episode was Paul: how he keeps untying himself and how he'll untangle (read: tell Rick and co.) his story. My second thought when I saw this episode was romantic entanglements unraveling....a thought that was confirmed by the sneak peek.

My prediction: Sasha is probably distancing herself from Abraham because it's been two months, he hasn't broken up with Rosita yet and Sasha refuses to be the side chick. So in response, Abraham will break up with Rosita to have a chance Sasha by the end of the episode. But Rosita won't know why until later. The only explanation that she'll get is "sorry darlin' but knots untie."

Also, I also predict Glenn and Maggie will have some moments.

Tara and Denise (I'm not crazy about this couple) will probably get some shine back in Alexandria.