Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[601] Complaints and Criticisms!!

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by Neuropyramidal, Oct 6, 2015.

1. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I was really bothered by Daryl shooting an arrow into the walker at the pit mine. There were a whole LOT of walkers that were going to be coming out, so he'd never get his arrow back, and shooting that one made no difference at all. Do they live in a sporting goods store? Then don't waste arrows.

And to me it looked like Sharknado cgi when Rick and Morgan were at the edge of the cliff and the walkers came up and fell over. LOL, it would be funny if that was a real scene distorted by a pine tree, but it sure didn't look like it.

2. offrope

offrope Active Member

The complaint I had is a little obscure, and most people would never notice it, but it jumped out and made me call Bullshit. The quarry appeared to be a limestone quarry. There isn't any limestone anywhere near Alexandria (in real life, I mean). It is, however, very abundant in northwest Georgia, where the filming took place. I know it's a trivial criticism, but since I noticed it I'm bringing it up.

3. Dyson

Dyson Member

Greg Nicotero is trying to convince them to put the color version of this episode on the DVD release. Fingers crossed. Hope it happens.

4. Sky Somers

Sky Somers Member

Agreed! The Daryl character isn't growing much. I wish they would develop the character into something more. Daryl got on my nerves in this episode.

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

You give me courage to respond, even though I guess I am the only person who experiences Daryl's responses as cohesive and credible, as opposed to carelessly, lazily consistent. Sometimes when people survive abusive childhoods they do develop a rock solid sense of true north re moral behavior. That's what I think happened with Daryl. I don't think you could change that in Daryl anymore than you could change the color of his eyes.

When Daryl thinks Rick is wrong (not wanting to risk bringing in new people), Daryl says so and then ends with "But it's your call." Rick knows Daryl has his back, even when they disagree. A dissenting voice from a true friend is valuable, even if you decide to ignore it. It all rings true for me, but I realize I am in the minority.

6. WhiteCoat

WhiteCoat Member

I wasn't a fan of the black and white used for flashbacks. I would have been fine with the episode starting from the pit horde scene and then rewinding to where we left off and just moving forward from there. Also Nicholas and Glenn didn't make out at all, which seems preposterous. Also, not enough Carol lurking and fake smiling.

7. JPG119

JPG119 Member

The flashbacks just didn't really work for me, would of been a lot easier if it was done normally. The main thing I was annoyed about is Morgan. What the F**k is he doing with that broom handle he walks around with. Did he bump into Yoda on the road to Terminus? Has he been shown the way of the warrior. Put it down Lennie and pick up a gun like everyone else.

8. Lindigo

I didn't buy it that shooting guns in the direction that they wanted the walkers to go would make the walkers move in that direction. I didn't see any bursts of light that would attract their attention, and I don't think smoke would be more interesting to walkers than the BANGS of the guns going off straight ahead of them just feet away. I think the herd would have plowed through the barrier. The flare gun (smoke gun?) contingent should have been firing from way down the road to attract the herd towards them. Or leaning on a car horn....

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Thank you for the response, this is what I was hoping for - someone to give me food for thought! And always feel free to respond to others posts, especially since you seem to have the ability to offer your opinion with a healthy dose of tact and respect. It is appreciated!

#69 Dnae, Oct 13, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2015
  10. AtlantaOverrun

AtlantaOverrun Well-Known Member

To much flashback and Judith's nationality change.

11. Charmander

Charmander Member

Not a big fan of the black and white jumps. I felt like I was watching Sin City.
    Also too many judgemental looks at Rick from Saint Morgan.
    I thought it was a mostly decent episode though.

12. Lindigo

Aw, thanks, Dnae! I so much appreciate the way you post, too. I think in these forums there is a lot of that respectful Rick/Daryl dynamic. Different points of view are enjoyed and make our experience of the show richer. I've been so happy to find this place with all of you smart, thoughtful, and funny people. :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Mikie

Mikie Member

I have not had a chance to re-watch, but was there anything preventing walkers from crawling under the big rigs on the ramp?

14. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

Did not like the black and white or the flashbacks at all. Both were really hokey and ruined the viewing experience. Too jumpy in all phases. This was TWD trying too hard and they do not need to try that hard. It wasn't artistic or any other bull crap they will feed you. It was a stupid move.

15. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I think Dary l is that kind of guy who already was in the shit. THey try to have him grow by friending the recruiter I forgot the name of and slowly leaving the shadow of his brother. He also kinda shot Officer Dawn in the face without thinking, crying his eyes out. Which could have killed everyone in that room. I think you all gonna see some Daryl development or death since he will be captured...as seen in trailers.

16. Dyson

Dyson Member

I was little worried with the Tyreese death episode and the praise it got that they would go to that well again. I certainly never expected it an action packed season premiere. I feel it really hurt the flow of the episode.

#76 Dyson, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  17. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

The script.

18. Mikie

Mikie Member

19. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

Hi,
    I decided to make this my 1st post in the complaint thread, even though I am normally a positive person. I am not new to online posting, just new to a TV or comic forum. So no, I am not a troll just a bzz schedule but I decided to come out of lurking for a bit, as things need to be said.
    First of all I have been watching TWD since day one and have really really liked the show, and I have definitely been into it more than any other show that I can recall in my 50 year plus past, which is why it both saddens and angers me to write this.
    I gave it a 7, and that was being nice. The black and white flash backs were only part of the problem, which by the way was the only spoiler I had heard before hand, and I can't imagine how confusing it would of been had I not known that. I mean it was not like other easy related flashbacks they have had in the past, their was too much new and factual that the viewer was required to put together while keeping up with current events. To me it would of been better if they would of shown all the flashbacks the first 20 min and then went on to the current story.
    The back and forth seemed uncalled for and the black and white took away from the reality of it.
    What concerns me the most about it is that the viewer (fan) was not taken into consideration and that this show is headed for "let put new tricks or special effect in to cover up the lack of substance, like most movies are out there now days, which are a dime a dozen. In my opinion FTWD fits into that category also, not alot of substance.
    I know most people loved season 5 and even though I liked it, it was not my favorite and I did notice even then the lack in writing starting, plus to me it was just too much new at once, new place and too many new people at once.
    AMC's story matters slogan at one time after Breaking Bad and most of TWD seemed to ring true, now though it does seem to be ringing fluff.
    Season 5 opener had 17 plus t.v. viewers (the highest rating to date) which was based on seasons 1 though 4 and those seasons did have substance and a well balance of personal connection and horror. Most came to know and like the characters during that time but to continually kill them off so much or set them aside for newer characters at such a high rate is not going to work in keeping the viewer interested. Especially when the story or arc seems to be all about who is the baddest ass is and who can kill the worst. Those types are out there a dime a dozen also. Now I realize the show is based on the comic and some fans started there, but what works for comic's doesn't necessarily mean it is going to work for television.
    Regarding Darly yes I am a fan (about 50/50 on NR) but the motorcycle needs to be retired or at least given a rest from becoming attached to him. Lord. In other words I think he is a good enough actor that he doesn't need it. He said in a interview last year something to the effect that he and others had taken a backseat as far as screen time goes to allow for newer people, which means he has not had alot of choices as far as his dialog goes. But I don't think their is a chance in hell that he will be killed off at least any way soon, if ever with his fan base. That shock value would backfire. Which was one of my thoughts after watching that disappointing premier, TWD will be in loads of trouble if he is.
    I still love the show and I know it is still better than any show out there and do have high hopes this season will recoup and turn out good.
    It better, I have too much time invested and I am just a little peeved right now. Most all shows evidently start going down hill after awhile but it is too early for TWD to go in that direction.

PS. I always spell check but in case I missed some in editing, any internet police needs to feel free to just scroll on by. :zombies_shocked:

20. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I must say that I was fairly disappointed by the lack of Carol this week.