Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[601] "First Time Again" - Live Reactions Thread

Discussion in 'Episode 601 - First Time Again' started by TGO, Oct 5, 2015.

1. ravgrel

ravgrel Member

Is there a Plan B? :zombies_alien:

Rick?

2. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

Gimple looks like he put on a little weight

3. maw

maw Member

richard dreyfuss clone. Zombie herd in the road, you go on the road. Fair well and adieu.

4. The Great Zombini

The Great Zombini Well-Known Member

Well, yeah, something was going to happen either way. Just rationally, it was foolish to lead that many out of a pit where they were relatively contained. It just didn't make sense.

Its annoying to me when smart characters do dumb things just for the sake of a storyline.

5. maw

maw Member

Where is a tank with a lot of shells when you need them...strange that you dont see any heavy military equipent around except in certain epidodes.

6. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

"Let's face it Carter, you threatened our favourite mullet. You had to go."

Best thing ever.

7. theloneranger

theloneranger Member

But we've seen as far back as The Grove that flaming walkers are still a moving threat. While flame logically would incinerate the brain (at certain heats), in TWD universe it is not a guaranteed kill. So setting the quarry on fire would just turn your mega herd into a flaming mega heard (Season 7, anyone?). Also like Rick said they were going to get out at some point.

I don't see what else the main characters could have done.

Really great episode. I could have done without the black and white but I understood that they were showing which scenes were flash-backs.

8. The Great Zombini

Some frag grenades would clear a bunch. And the quarry would have been a perfect place to teach the kids how to shoot.

9. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Sorry, what? Are you suggesting I should disappear into a herd of zombies?

10. SZQ

SZQ Member

I was thinking they might route the walkers back to the cliff into the quarry. Not much danger with walkers with broken bodies.

11. The Great Zombini

I don't buy that. They may walk around burning for a short time, but they would eventually be burned to nothing but bones. That would only take a few hours at the most. And since walkers are attracted to fire, they would keep fueling the fire until nothing was left.

The Grove walkers were able to leave the house once it stopped burning. Being contained in the quarry would ensure constant burning until nothing is left.

#231 The Great Zombini, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  12. DGribble19

DGribble19 Member

Someone got a picture of this emoji? Won't show on my phone

13. theloneranger

theloneranger Member

And I don't buy that it would kill them all. It could even blow up in their face - literally. What if there's gas in the tanks of the 18 wheelers? Blows the only thing blocking them in and unleashes some partially burnt walkers right towards Alexandria.

14. theloneranger

theloneranger Member

Who do you think Ethan Embry auditioned for before? I think from the conversation it's obvious that he at least auditioned for Rick. Given that he said "multiple auditions" and that they "didn't die in one episode" I'm going to guess he auditioned for Bob Stookey and one other (not sure for the other).

15. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

By this point the walkers should all be rotted away to nothing but bone.

16. The Great Zombini

They could check the tanks and had front loaders reinforce the barricade. The fire might not have killed them all, but it would eliminate most of them making the rest more manageable.

17. theloneranger

theloneranger Member

See, I've heard that a lot - but I think it's foolish to apply science (and especially the idea of decay) to walkers. They shouldn't be walking around in the first place but they are because of magic. The same thing that keeps them walking around (when they should've decayed to immobility within days of turning) walking around for years.
    Seems too risky, IMO. Perhaps as a first act to Rick's plan? It would be better to use military weaponry (like someone else suggested) but then again that didn't work during the outbreak - it's the brain you have to go for and that might just (using TV science) create a bunch of legless or armless walkers that are still a threat especially in such a large number.

18. Kilroy was here

Kilroy was here Well-Known Member

Which was my point.

19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

When Deanna was handing out jobs to Rick's group, someone asked what would your job be if you came to Alexandria, and I gave myself the job of Cemetery Director. Well. I would have tried to get Pete a proper burial, even if it had to be in a separated part of the cemetery to ease Deanna's heart. If they vetoed the cemetery altogether, I would point out that even with people killed on death row in the before times, the body would be offered to the family. It should have been up to Jessica to decide whether she wanted to bury the boys' father in her backyard or somewhere accessible--yes, secluded, but not insanely so--beyond the gate, or whether she wanted to reject his body. With both Deanna and Rick being parents, I don't think that would have been too much to negotiate. In the end, we even see Rick start to dig a proper grave once he realizes the son is heartbroken, to try to reduce the suffering of the living.

From a script writing perspective, it was brilliant to take Pete's body out to a place "we never go," so the quarry walkers could be discovered. Believable and seamless plotting.

Just saying, I continue to think they need me for their cemetery director. :)

20. DeadRun

DeadRun Member

Omfg. Why do we have to wait a week....

Soooooooo worth all the hype