Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[608] Praise and Positivity from Start to Finish

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Lindigo, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Hello, my favorite thread. I missed you last week.

2. Dyson

Dyson Member

I think the way they ended this episode is probably more brutal for comic readers than the TV only fans. My pulse was pounding in the last 10 minutes.

Yeah! Rick finally got his trademark hatchet.

"Yeah my dad killed your dad but your dad's an A-hole"
    [​IMG]

3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

In the midst of all the scary commotion, I was charmed by the quiet scene in the garage with Rosita, Tara, and Eugene. With walkers growling only feet away, Tara calmly spoke of having to win Alexandria back, to deserve it. When Rosita asked hadn't they already earned it, Tara just shrugged good humoredly and said, "Apparently not." Loved her aplomb. Then Eugene capping the scene off by saying lockpicking was in his skill set. :)

I did think, though, that if they had sat down or laid down over by the door, the walkers wouldn't have been able to see them from the high windows and might have lost interest and drifted away.

4. Benrai2k

Benrai2k Active Member

This was a very satisfying mid-season finale to me. Unlike season 3's Made to Suffer. Which was an episode of action but nothing at its core. A gun fight shooting at flashbang smoke and not much else. Oscar died - no future reference or legacy on the show. Unlike Deanna who inspires the group, the people and founded this community. I loved this episode. I personally really enjoyed Deanna's character. She was unique. She was all talk and dreams (not pie in the sky, but maybe a bit premature with them). But in the end she really did show she had what it takes to be a warrior - if she lived longer she could have been a great leader with both mental and fighting skills.

The montage at the end was great showing the bleakness and leap of faith the group were taking by setting out between the walkers while covered in blood. Music was great on that bit - Jesse trusting Rick's plan ,taking the leap..and we all know how it ends. Deanna's final stand and rebellious scream at the walkers before they get her was great too. Didn't need to see her torn apart to know what happens to her. She knows what will happen - we know, giving us that scene at the end of her was a great idea. Also Rick is now leader and that will change Alexandria and the show forever - the first era of Alexandria is over almost. Soon we enter the next era with negan looming over it. Michonne and soon Maggie (from Deanna's leter) will be touched and it will propel Michonne to maybe admit to Rick she'd like to become closer to him. Maggie will be inspired by Deanna's letter to lead in her honour - and take charge of Hilltop in future. Season 6 has had some issues but this episode an how it ended isn't one of them.

I am glad No Way Out is more than 1 episode. I'd like to have seen Heath/Aaron - oddly missing from the episode. Maybe next episode? I think the actor of Heath hurt his back during filming so may be why he is absent.Season 6's weakness for me have been episode 4, a 90 minute Morgan episode which was badly placed in the build up to No Way Out, and the 6th episode with Daryl. The scenes will play a part for the back half of season 6 but we didn't need a whole episode of it. I liked episode 5 despite criticism. Anything to do with seeing Alexandria and it's peoples growth is fine to me.

Last mid-season we had Beth shot in the head. Before that Hershel decapitated. I think they wanted to go for a more hearty handing the torch to Rick among the chaos angle. Then they will open up with the deaths on screen in 6B.

#4 Benrai2k, Nov 30, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2015
  5. Ricky

Ricky Member

I know man!! You'd think knowing what's about to happen would make the mid season break easier...WRONG!!!

Also I'd like to mention Carl who, along with Rick is my favourite character in both the show and the comics, is becoming quite the bad ass, just like he's father :D

Bring on episode 9!

6. batongal

batongal Active Member

Not a fan of this episode but there were some good scenes. First praise to Carl for really stepping it up. When Ron said "your Dad's a killer" Carl calmly tells him, "so is yours" perfect shut that little whiner right up. Carl calmly covers up to the adults that they were fighting and then gets Ron upstairs and pulls a gun on him, "give me the gun" he is mopping the floor with this kid. Best is for last, "I get it my dad killed your dad, but you need to know something, your dad was an asshole" BOO-YAH! No one messing with Carl anymore.

Loved FG's face when they were gutting the walkers. Also liked that he stepped it up and now Rick seems to trust him again.

Carol to Morgan about the wolves, "We had to stop it, I had to stop it" this I believe is the same line she used when Rick confronted her way back in season 4 about killing the people in the prison.

7. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

Great episode - there were so many good moments.
    I love the interaction between Michonne and Deanna ad I'm just sad now, that Deanna's gone. She did grow on me.
    Father Gabriel stepping up was great too.
    Carl handling Ron - wow. That was the best outcome of this plotline.
    Carol and Morgan - shows, how brillant those two actors are. I just hope, they can find common ground again. Maybe I'm wrong, but I thought, that Denis might indeed have connected a bit with the wolf. Maybe she can suceed, where Morgan failed. At least I hope so. I don't want to see Denise dead.
    And do I have to repeat, how much I like Tara? She is just great and quickly becoming one of my favorites (after Michonne of course, but Tara is close second now)

8. sheryden

sheryden Member

One thing I really liked was when Carl and Jessie linked hands. *shiver*

Also, there were moments in the episode where Carl really reminded me of Rick. Like when he was putting Ron in his place. The way Chandler delivered the lines, I could really see Rick's influence shining through.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Can you refresh my memory here? Who did Pete kill? For the life of me I can't remember who he killed, and I was really scratching my head trying to figure out why Carl would say that to Ron.

10. Kevin7

Kevin7 New Member

Porch dick killed Reg with Michonnes sword before Deanna gave her consent to have him whacked.

11. batongal

batongal Active Member

He killed Reg (in front of the whole town)

12. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Oh yeah.. thx! :)

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I love my Grimes men and Sunday's episode served only to solidify my love for Carl. He showed a great deal of restraint in dealing with Ron, all the while handling the situation when demanding Ron turn over his gun. Now will that restraint bite him in the arse, probably. But how would Carl know what lies ahead for him.

My boy is growing up into a fine young man with a level enough head to make sound decisions yet still has that Daddy Grimes edge that I am sure will continue to develop.

Who else was holding their breath while Maggie was trying to make it to the landing? I knew that she would be fine, but still I did not breathe until she was safe. Also glad that Glenn had that moment to see that she was alive albeit surrounded by walkers.

Deanna - I have liked her character from her first appearance. While I was sad to see her go I knew it was inevitable. I am happy that the writers opted to give her a worthy exit and that she went out fighting. I enjoyed the little bits where we saw glimpses of her admiration for Michonne. I do believe that Deanna has always seen Michonne as the rock solid member of Rick's family. The one who was not only strong in the fight, but also strong in the belief that Alexandria could be the safe haven they were all hoping for. But holy crap on a cracker was I ever nervous when she was leaning over Judith's crib. I might be in the minority here but I want Judith to live. I hate to think what her death would mean for Rick.

And Carol and Morgan - damn, I did NOT see that coming when Morgan body slammed her. Ohhhhhh he is going to pay dearly for that maneuver in the not too distant future. Have to give kudos to QB Carol for not only faking out Morgan, but damn if she did not have me fooled also - I really thought she had a concussion!

And of course I was bouncing up and down on my couch when the guts cover up scene began. I am so looking forward to the continuation of that story arc in episode 9.

I did miss my girl Sasha....ready to have her back with the fam!

Okay kids, time to head over to my grandson's, he has a Christmas tree that he is anxious to show me!

14. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

As much as I hated that Denise is in danger ("Ouch," said Tara's heart, as did mine), I think it will bring about a major and very heated discussion b/c Morgan and Carol, esp. since he actually didn't have the wolf secured and in asking the town's only doctor to save him, he has jeopardized that doctor and by extension the town.

My heart went out to Sam; you could tell he was slipping the whole time. He goes to the one person who has always been steady, and she's covered in walker guts. Now he's walking around with Carol's edict that you survive by killing, and the whole situation is ripe with even more possibility for tragedy. I thought it was wonderfully understated the way he just said, "Mom? Mom?" That whole scene was really well done, I feel; you know (or at least I suspect) that the mother of all bad-shit is about to happen, and there's something in that simple little query--a desire for reassurance, or perhaps a genuine question--that broke my heart. 'cuz honestly, I don't think he's making it. God, would they show that? A little boy getting eaten?

I loved the scenes w/ Deanna and Rick and Michonne. Tovah was great on TTD, explaining her character's relationship to those two. I think she sees Rick as pretty much too far gone, but necessarily so. Michonne--I feel like she's telling Michonne, "Whatever you want--figure it out, and you can have it. Because you kick ass." And howzabout that Butch/Sundance exit?!?

Some people are complaining that there wasn't enough of a "cliffhanger" feel to this, but this whole episode felt like a cliffhanger: the group on the walker walkabout; Maggie; Glenn; Denise and that freakin' wolf; the showdown b/w Carol and Morgan. I feel like pretty much anything could happen on any of those fronts, and that sets up a delicious Episode 9.

15. vectorzombie336

vectorzombie336 New Member

Thank god, a forum that encourages positive discussion of the show. Though I do see a criticisms thread (which seems wildly popular :zombies_confused: ) at least there's a dedicated area to talk about plot points and things you actually liked about the show. I don't understand why supposed fans of this show like to hate on it so much! Anyway, I'm new here... nice to meet you guys.

Last night's episode was really intense, I need to watch again so I can process it all. All I can say is Morgan's philosophy and creed finally bit him in the ass. It already put Rick in danger once and now Denise is at the mercy of this wolf psychopath. I don't see how this ends well for him, I image he'll be exiled if he survives long enough. That would be really heartbreaking given him and Rick's history and relationship.

Carol has really messed sam up with all that cryptic death talk and threats! He was even drawing in crayons the scene she described when threatening him about tattling on her. Kid has lost it at the exact wrong moment, he's going to get some of them killed now.

Loved Deanna's last stand, sadly she really grew on me as a character right before she died.

Absolutely loved the episode and can't wait until the mid season opener.

16. vectorzombie336

vectorzombie336 New Member

Who's saying there's not enough of a cliffhanger? Everything is a cliffhanger! lol Sam won't shut up right in the middle of the walker herd, the wolf has taken off with denise, carol and morgan lie unconscious next to eachother, glenn still hasn't completely reunited with maggie, and with the preview, god knows what the saviors are going to do with daryl, sasha, and abe. There's almost too many cliffhangers to handle lol.

17. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

i gotta say ~ even though i don't post here much, i do really appreciate that there's a place for the good and a place for the bad ~ and that people respect those boundaries. i can't imagine the chaos otherwise.

and since i feel like i gotta say something nice about the show while i'm here in this thread, i'll say that the Wolf has really grown on me as a character and i hope he doesn't meet an ignoble end.

18. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

I don't like the character, but the actor who is playing him is doing a brilliant job of portraying the evil and hatred that drives him -- insanity in a portrait of seeming sanity.

19. taco_lips

taco_lips Member

he's brilliant. best thing about the show for me right now. and i don't think he's driven by evil or hatred at all. i think he's driven by survival just like everybody else, with a huge helping of cold, hard rational animalism .

i'm full-on ready to become a total apologist for his choices and behavior ~ ha.

20. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum. The praise and positivity thread was started sometime during season 5 and while it is not as popular as the complaint department it is one of the nicest threads to visit :D