Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[608] Praise and Positivity from Start to Finish

Discussion in 'Episode 608 - Start To Finish' started by Lindigo, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Online-Don

Online-Don Well-Known Member

Cats ain't dogs

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Both Tara and Abraham are attracted to Rosita, I'll give you that. In an earlier episode Abe even caught Tara looking down her top. Given that Tara's been shown to have a relationship with Alisha, attracted to Rosita, and has who knows what with Denise, the show has had her in more on-screen relationships than anyone else. I don't think it's safe to say she was "casually" calling Rosita gorgeous. If she said that to Rick -fine.

To me though it didn't sound any more natural than Glenn calling Rick "dumbass" over the walkie talkie a couple episodes ago. It felt like the writers were trying to force something in that had no place in that scene.

3. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

You are an idiot. She was complimenting her friend, not being a perverted lesbian sexual deviant.

4. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Deanna over Judith's Pack & Play- my heart dropped a tiny bit

Deanna going out like a lion

Loved the background music (and slo-mo) as the group descended the stairs in their "meat curtains."

5. Prufrock

[MENTION=92672]JohnConnor[/MENTION] Thankfully, I'm not old enough to remember the hey day of Tiny Tim and his song, but I was aware of it as a weird cultural thing...anyway- I agree wholeheartedly with your feelings on the intro.

6. Hope the Savior

Tara finishing the question with "gorgeous" felt natural to me. It didn't feel like her hitting on Rosita in that moment. It felt like Tara simultaneously comforting and encouraging her friend the best way she knew how, and that approach was strongly reminiscent of both Abe and Tara's mannerisms, especially their self-deprecating and sarcastic senses of humor and Tara's hopeful/optimistic realism.

I didn't infer anything sexual or forced about that scene. I perceived it as one of those "the world's gone to sh!t and survival is slim to unlikely" moments where one friend turns to another, notes the dismal odds, then jokingly dismisses said odds by highlighting either some positive aspect of their predicament or some prominent characteristic about his/her friend that s/he initially noticed.

7. Hope the Savior

I loved the ending too. It instantly reminded me of the end of World War Z

8. Prufrock

Lol...I did come out from under my rock, one weekend and I watched that movie:). Not bad, for someone who has never seen a Terminator or Rambo (or...shh a zombie movie). I've never seen Titanic, but I did see WWZ and I agree!

9. Prufrock

i agree. I didn't even blink, so I was so confused to the reference here. I wouldn't even remembered, if I didn't see it quoted here.

10. Hope the Savior

I won't judge. If it makes you feel any better, I haven't seen any of the Rambo movies either.

11. Prufrock

Ha! Whenever someone acts astonished that I haven't seen Titanic, I always tell them - duh, it's not a big secret what happens in the end.

12. Hope the Savior

My friends and I watched Titanic primarily to fact check and see her sink. We knew each character's odds of survival the moment they stepped foot on screen. It was a very engaging and beautifully written story, though, so we couldn't help but grow attached to and feel and root for various characters. If you want to give the movie a shot, I don't think you'll regret it.

13. TurdFerguson

TurdFerguson Member

Thats cool you knew the real life history of the characters beforehand!

14. Prufrock

Aww, then I'd have to give up my indie street cred! If I do, it'll be our little secret.

15. Hope the Savior

Surprisingly, that knowledge didn't even ruin the film for us; it just made it that much more difficult to watch the characters perish.

You secret's safe with me. And if anyone demands you return your indie street cred, I'll vouch for ya!

16. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Don't get me wrong, I don't think she was hitting on her at the time. I just don't think it was appropriate given her known interest in her, and don't feel it was a natural thing. I understand others feel differently.

Look at it this way: A guy has a history of staring at your breasts. You're in a bad spot and feeling hopeless and suddenly he starts complimenting your appearance out of the blue. Would that make you feel better about yourself?

#56 Morgotha, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  17. BlackNoise

BlackNoise Member

Are you completely ignoring Tara's personality though? You should also consider that Tara is attracted to women, but it doesn't mean she is "interested" in Rosita, especially given the circumstances. They're all friends/family.

I wish I knew what you guys are talking about with this "gorgeous" comment, but I'm sure it's nothing. I completely missed it and It fits perfectly within Tara's personality to call nearly every member of the group gorgeous.

*update* I watched it and NO! Morgotha, you seriously need to consider the context.

#57 BlackNoise, Dec 2, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  18. Hope the Savior

It may very well make me feel better about myself and the situation depending on the context. "Gorgeous" is just like any other term of endearment (e.g., "sweetheart," "darling," "hun," etc.). Whether someone finds it endearing or charming depends on a bevy of variables, particularly the speaker's sincerity and tone and the relationship of the parties involved.

Answering your question at face value, I'd say yes and no. I'm flattered he thinks I'm pretty, but as soon as the high from the flattery dissipates, my depressive funk will resume and I'll still feel the same.

To answer your question, in the context of the Tara-Rosita moment, I'll need to add several more details: 1) my friends and I are depressed about a current, shared experience; 2) the friend who attempts to cheer me up is aware of my situation/the reasons for my depression; 3) said friend is also a really good friend who is always encouraging and has never once made me feel uncomfortable; and 4) said friend is attempting to brighten my mood and reassure me. Answering your question in that context, I wholeheartedly respond yes. Yes, I would feel better if my friend attempted to cheer me up and, in the process, just so happened to tag me with a sobriquet that compliments my appearance.

19. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

As Morgan would say... " Leave"
    Wrong thread mate :zombies_nosmile:

20. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I agree with you. It's not the word that matters, it's the context - and it wasn't sexual imho...it was a friend trying to offer support. As a heterosexual male, I might call a good female friend "honey" as a term of endearment - but not someone I barely know. Tara knows Rosita well enough now.

#60 Poor Mika, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015