Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

609 No Way Out Show Some Love and Praise

Discussion in 'Episode 609 - No Way Out' started by Dnae, Feb 9, 2016.

1. hcopenhagenh

hcopenhagenh Active Member

I thought the episode was just OK and see why it is just "meh".

Besides the RPG blast, the rest of the show was just average.

Really bad acting in the hand holding line. Too much talking and they didn't attract any attention to the walkers. Then when the scene came to a climax you kind of new it was happening. It wasn't a shocker at all. That scene was really poorly written and acted. Felt like a B Movie Zombie Flick or Z nation.

Glenn should be dead. No one is going to spray fully automatic machine guns like that and just happen to miss Glenn. That was a really weak scene that should have never happened.

The Wolf scenes were really bad TV. Had no impact on the show. Carol should have capped his ass in the mid season finale.

The town banding together was relatively unrealistic in the zombie world. Several should have been killed. They overtook that big heard too easily. Another bad B Movie Zombie flick moment.

Other than Daryl killing the Saviors, the only other interesting thing that happened was Gabriel.

2. Heriot of Fire

Great episode. Very much mourning Jessie's death here but what I'm really interested in is what is the song from the fire lake scene? Anyone got any clue about that?

3. Apollonia

Apollonia Well-Known Member

I think you made a wrong turn and mistook this for the "complaints" thread.....i do not agree with anything you said. Last nights show delivered on all aspects of suspense, action, emotions, disbelief, horror and much more. I will defend it till i am blue in the face.

Honestly, after 6 1/2 Seasons, can all the experts on good or bad acting and what is climatic and what is not just decide to maybe not watch the show if it underwhelms you so much. It is like you are either watching a completely different show or your expectations are way too high. The point of last nights' episode was to entertain and thrill. It delivered - TENFOLD.

I can pick apart all your points and not only explain them but refute them but what is the point.

This is a show about zombies. Flesh eating walking dead people. And you are writing about the scenes with those as unbelievable and bad acting? The show is going to continue on this premise. It is the farthest thing from a B Movie Zombie flick as it could be, because, and you can thank me for this later, it is NOT about the zombies as much as it is telling the story of the survivors. If you keep that in mind, you may not view it as a B flick. Geesh.

4. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

How are all these people missing the complaints thread? It's as if someone needs to sticky it near the top of the section.

Oh...wait... :p

5. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

1. This episode had me Richonne-orgasming. If a romantic relationship never happens, so be it. There is a bond there, that is truly genuine.

2. Michonne planting one on Carl's head.

3. Lead-Negan guy...so much great acting from a bad guy. Reminds me of the great performance that Joe from the Claimers.

4. Rick looked so tired and weary to me- a true testament to what they've been through recently.

5. Loved that Eugene is getting his poop in the group and signing on...the Padre, too.

6. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I keep thinking of things that I love about this episode; I'll try to make sure I don't just reiterate what you folks have already said so well.

I thought the notion of youth was fascinatingly dealt with. At what age can a child be reasonably expected to perform under horrifying circumstances? I see Sam as having been approximately the age Carl was when everything went to shit. But Carl saw such awful things from the beginning, and Sam was protected from them. (And I don't see that last part as a bad thing.) We can't know how each would have "performed" were their situations switched.

I'm also no member of the Hate Sam Club. The kid had never had things fully explained to him--again, I understand why, considering his age--and then he got a crash-course from Carol that quickly came to life (as it were) with the Wolves. I think it's easy to forget just how very little time has progressed from the beginning of this season until now--2 days? 3? And less than 1 since the tower fell. During it all, Jessie's trying to keep them physically safe, which hasn't left much time for emotional processing. My heart broke for the kid: he really had been doing it, terror and all, until he saw that little boy and remembered Carol's words.

Finally (at least for now), this may not have been part of the show's intention, but I feel like the events of this episode and this arc underscored how much luck--good and bad--goes into the outcome. We like to cheer our crew b/c of their courage and their smarts, but crap, how lucky were they that Judith didn't start wailing? If Sam doesn't see the little boy, does he not freeze? Carol initially told him the horror story in part b/c she knew they were screwed if anyone found out, but also (I believe) b/c she resented him for the easy life he'd had versus Sophia and Mika and even Lizzie. If Sophie is still alive, does she use such harsh language? To bring it more into the present--what if Jessie hadn't had to step out of the room for a minute before taking Judith, leaving time for Sam to ask Carol another question. And you could see as she finished that she wasn't happy with her answer, but she had to get going. Why? Because she had realized Morgan was protecting someone. I know that a lot of folks are complaining b/c it seems like Glenn's too lucky but I don't think any of them are alive without at least a little of the L-word.

7. zombiemom62

zombiemom62 Well-Known Member

with love and praise like that, who needs a complaint thread?

8. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

sounds like it is a Bear original. The guy really does not get enough shout outs for his contribution to the show. One of my all time favorite moments from the series is largely in part due to the emotion that his music lends to the scene: season 3 welcome to the tombs, the ending scene when Rick, Daryl and Michonne are returning to the prison with the surviving Woodbury members. Bear's original piece, "Reconciliation", took that scene to another level. Now you have me wondering - anyone? thoughts? opinions?

9. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Ooh. How daring of you to invade the sanctity of the praise and positivity thread with your asshattery and punkassedness. As a reward for your courage, I've got something just for you.
    [​IMG]

10. jadejaws

jadejaws New Member

This was one of my favorite episodes if not my favorite.
    Anyone who hates this episode, hates the Walking Dead pure and simple.
    This isn't peace and love. There is no need for any character development or "fair" treatment of a character.

Daryl continues to be the first guy to make friends with.

How can you not like this episode?
    The complaints I saw were a kid died and his mother died. Um...thats called reality in this unreal apocalypse.
    The lesson was the same as always. The weak die, the strong survive. Kill or be killed.
    This was a strong showing by the group to rise up.
    I loved how they really returned to the comics in this one and set things straight.

I am truly excited for this season and this was a superb return to the Walking Dead.

11. Pogo the Possum

Pogo the Possum Active Member

Damn near perfect ep. For complete mayhem and drama, this and "No Sanctuary" #1 on my list. Acting still "The Grove".

I always appreciate the humor, so Abe's, "WHO'S NEGAN ?" ...but even more, Abe spitting and then saying, "Nibble on this !" to the Savior head !
    That scene with Sasha and Abe phony arguing to give Daryl time ! I knew something was coming, just didn't expect the RPG to be so awesome !

12. Heriot of Fire

Completely agree about Bear McCreary. So I guess you're right, seems like we'll have to wait for the OST. I'll just keep rewatching that fire lake scene until then.

#32 Heriot of Fire, Feb 16, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2016
  13. tehwalkingdead

The ridiculousness of Glenn's continuing survival aside I really liked the episode and most of those who died I was glad or indifferent to. One of the heroes of the show is now in mortal danger. Everyone else is battered and bruised. It now seems as if the series will continue on in Alexandria rather than moving on again, which I like. There's plenty left to look forward to in the continuing story.

Ive only read one potential spoiler for what happens in the future, and I really hope that it doesn't, but it will be intriguing to find out.

14. tshull1

tshull1 New Member

I felt both scenes were perfectly played. Carl saying Dad in a desperate quiet voice, broke my heart as a parent. Its something you never want to hear.

15. tshull1

tshull1 New Member

Loved the Episode from start to finish.

Jesse, Sam, Ron....... LOSS.... What a huge play.
    I was amazed I mean I knew that Sam was not one that would probably make it in this world I have to admit I was hoping that Carroll was going to train him in surviving it all. I almost jumped out of my seat when I saw Sam get grabbed, it became real so fast. My kids were screaming " its someone's bad dream its a BAD DREAM," while we watched in utter horror

Glenn has used up all his 9 lives......
    1 huge thing I have learned from this show, if you care about someone you never ever leave them, for no reason.

Abraham is going to have a hard time with 2 ladies wanting his Gingerness, I look forward to his problems LOL

Loved the Episode from start to finish.

16. John208

John208 New Member

Agree .. why wasn't this one 1 1/2 hours long!

17. John208

John208 New Member

I agree .. some very good acting for such a small part

18. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I liked the concept of that just fine, but I didn't like the execution. So you live in town, and it's night time, you're so worried about the walkers you're hiding in a house. But, you're looking out the window on the ground floor to see what's going on - good thing those walkers don't look in, too! Then, you and everyone else on your block decide to plunge out in to the sea of terrifying walkers to join up with the nut down the street who's decided to be Rambo for reasons unknown to you. You've seen plenty of people die, but you've never seen anyone come out of a situation like that, and you've never seen a herd this big. Prior to today, the whole group of you wilted at a single walker's presence. Do you think you'll survive out there? Do you think Rick will survive out there? Do you have a compelling reason to go out there and fight, knowing it'll mean your death? Have these people ever shown that much love of their town, or Rick? And not one of them got a scratch from being hideously outnumbered and fighting in the dark for the first time in your lives with hand tools. In addition to the scene itself, and seeing the result of the hundreds of dead walkers on the street the next day, the worst part of the scene(s) was that it really destroyed walkers being a threat at all. Get any 10 people and kill several hundred walkers. No big thing. Why bother even patching the wall? Just post a couple of guards and have them deal with any groups of 10-20 walkers that amble by, and ring a bell to alert the group if a hundred or more show up.

LOL, like I said, I like the group's members deciding it was time to fight for their town, but thought the scene's execution was poor. I guess I would have preferred something like Darry's group starting a bonfire outside of the wall, and luring the walkers out, then parking the truck in front of the breech in the wall, sealing it, and making a subtle homage to Dawn of the Dead at the same time. not to mention they could have come through the door on town side of the truck, and wouldn't have had to do the cheesy "shoot everyone but Glenn" machinegun scene.

19. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

But I'm mindful of having made that comment in this thread, the Praise and Positivity thread. I'm not sure why anyone would feel the need to bring a mini-essay into this thread to argue that it sucked. Perhaps I should have made it clear that I wasn't actually looking for someone to come in and explain why the C&C thread was so much lengthier.

Whatever. You got your reasons; I got mine. We'll both live.

20. Hippychick

Hippychick New Member

Oh boy!! This is only the beginning!!
    [video=youtube;TnfKmNRfLYU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnfKmNRfLYU[/video]​