Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[611] Knots Untie, Rate the Damn Thing!!

Discussion in 'Episode 611 - Knots Untie' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 26, 2016.

?

Rate the Mother Richard!

1. 10

10 vote(s)
    15.6%
  2. 9

16 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 8

20 vote(s)
    31.3%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    12.5%
  5. 6

6 vote(s)
    9.4%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. My panties are in a total knot over this shyte.

2 vote(s)
    3.1%
  10. I'm knot thawing Reuben balls for this show ever again.

1 vote(s)
    1.6%
  1. WebbieD

WebbieD Member

I gave it a 8. I agree with who said that the episode seems a little disjointed, especially if comparing to the last 2 episodes. I also think their was too much of the Abe/Rosita scene and seemed like a filler. My biggest issue involved Maggie, I just can't see her being the one Rick would of had deal for him, given her background. Their are many other characters that would of fit that part more realistically. Speaking of realistic, which is my last issue, their just happens to be a obgyn doctor at the hilltop and not only that he has brought his sonogram, oh my. With that said their were alot of things I did like about it, the hilltop and the group arriving. I also believe the guy who plays Paul (Jesus) has done real well, and I even think the weasel guy Gregory did a good job. Overall good, just not as good as the last two.

2. Shane357

Shane357 Active Member

I give it a 7. I was tempted to give it a 8 just because of the introduction to Hilltop and more information to Negan and his group and all, but there were some parts of the episode that just didn't do it for me.

The good:
    - Abraham gets something new to do: This is good because I haven't been very "into" his recent story lines at all. Personally I don't give two craps about who he shares his time with, but it was nice seeing this new side to him.

- Introduction to Hilltop: This episode brought Negan into the mix in a big way, and I think that counts for something since he hasn't been seen(yet).

- Brief moment of Dark Rick: I liked the whole end part where he kills the guy. Kind of reminded me of his bloody moments in Alexandria. His line after he kills the guy was cool.

- Carl is cool with Michonne acting de facto mother: I kind of feel as if this is the way the audience was supposed to feel as well. Just okay with it.

- Much like the last episode, this was mostly setup: But not filler. I like how they can set up the episode without just filling in. And this by far outdid the whole Daryl/Rick vs. Jesus and the van sequence where they basically just run after him and the van flies into the water. I know Jesus is a good guy and all, but I would have shot anyone who caused me to lose a van of food like that.

- I think Rick gets a little too big for his britches sometimes but damn is he right on this one. Sooner or later the Hilltoppers(?) are gonna run out and Negan will find ASZ.

- Gregory's "clean up before you come in" cracked me up. You're welcome.

Now, the bad:

- Rick's group literally gets their ass kicked: Um, really? I know they're not perfect fighters but c'mon... these Hilltop kids have no idea/little experience how to fight.

- Rick gets a knife to his throat and Abraham gets his ass handed to him and he looks like he's going to pass out. I know Glenn held his own against him but like I said, it's been made clear that these idiots have no fighting experience. At least Glenn had his.

All in all good episode. Filled in my expectation for the most part. Had good storytelling. 7/10

#22 Shane357, Feb 29, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2016
  3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

7/10 this week. It was enjoyable but, again, I wasn't hooked as much as I should have been. I can't help but feel like everything was slower than it needed to be.

4. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

6.5 I guess. There wasn't really anything bad in the episode, but nothing particularly great either. Just more set up. It does seem like Rick is getting a little overconfident they can handle anybody, which is of course what will be explored in later episodes.

Abraham had some fun lines, but his sidestory does not interest me at all.

5. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

Hah... I voted it a 6.

6. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. TheWalkingHorn

Sorry, homie. I wasn't feelin' it, but I knew it was necessary.

8. HondaS2kXD

I'd hate to say it...

9. TheWalkingHorn

[​IMG]

10. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

11. TheWalkingHorn

I'm going to ugly cry so hard.

[​IMG]

12. HondaS2kXD

[​IMG]

13. TheWalkingHorn

Basically. People are going to be like "Melissa, you took a day off work, are you ok?" and I'll be like

[​IMG]

With my backpack and stuff.

14. HondaS2kXD

Yeah. Pretty much. Especially since they know we'll see

15. TheWalkingHorn

You're gonna need more than a balloon, mister. :|

16. HondaS2kXD

lol. Just kidding. You don't like spoilers, so I won't say how, but I can confirm twd writers aren't as twisted as I am, and

How's about a card?
    [​IMG]

17. TheWalkingHorn

That'll do, donkey. That'll do.

18. HondaS2kXD

I know that reference anywhere. It's from the end of the movie Babe right before the farmer (who was blind the whole time just like Book of Eli, but you don't find out until the end of Babe 3) tries to ride the baby pig home. That is why they had to switch pig actors for Babe 2.

19. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

I would have given it a 10 had they not cut away from exposing Rosita's arse

20. Lilliam

Lilliam Active Member

An 8. I can't accept big badass Abraham getting choked near to death. But Rick's "What???" moment was inspired. Loved it.
    I H A T E Gregory which is good.
    I'm saying right now that i am very worried about Glenn. This was a set up to having him killed. Beautiful young warrior idealists hoping to rebuild???? It's going to go badly.