Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

616 Praise and Positivity on the Last Day on Earth

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by HondaS2kXD, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

That was brilliant - spot on!

2. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I actually thought this episode was both really interesting and tense. I liked the way the tension was ramped up bit by bit in the RV - especially after meeting that BIG group of saviours and then next the voice over with the man hanging at the log road block. You could feel even Abe starting to panic...they had completely under estimated the Saviours...Was also genuinely unsure if Carol was dying in this episode too - brilliant acting of a "desperate" woman! Morgan saving the day has helped to redeem his character direction this series too. I rated the episode a 9 but think it was just a little spoiled in the end by not ultimately revealing who met Lucille.

#42 Poor Mika, Apr 7, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  3. thevaliantx

thevaliantx New Member

Exactly! This was a great episode. Negan is one sick, sarcastic badass dude. He doesn't want to hurt anyone. He just wants to make sure everyone is on the same page, a little discipline is all that is needed. While many on the forums here are busy trashing the show, and going on and on and on about how the show is gimmicky and AMC sucks and "I am done watching the show!" and "I just want all the main characters to die, because death is the only thing that means anything to me"......I think the show has MANY stories to tell. There is a reason TWD is strong as ever in viewership numbers.

4. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

Thankfully, in the UK we don't have so many...OTOH, we get it a day later than in the USA...

5. bassetluv

bassetluv Active Member

I just had to say...awesome post...I thoroughly enjoyed reading it.

6. Salem615

Salem615 New Member

I personally found the episode to be very well done. I knew going in that we would more than likely not see who met Lucille and while I was disappointed in that I still enjoyed the episode.

Andrew Lincoln was just wonderful in this episode. He went from being a total cocky, confident dude to a desperate "what they heck did I do" shell of a man. He was spot on conveying a sense of dread and hopelessness.

I liked the point of view were were getting from the gang in the van. I read a theory that possibly since they were showing that point of view that maybe one of the ones in the van might have met Lucille.

The last scene with Negan was terrifying to me. Seeing everyone lined up and wondering what was going to happen was super intense. I felt like I was in that line up with them.

Jeffrey Dean Morgan did excellent. Can't wait to see him next season.

My only complaint would be is that they built up so much terror and suspense that next season we might lose that and the payoff will be a bit of a let down.

7. HonestAbe

HonestAbe Active Member

The 2nd time I watched this episode I appreciated it more. I enjoyed it the first time but all I was waiting for was the arrival of Negan and the reveal of who would be the first to die at his hand. After knowing I wouldn't be finding out ( until October - still slightly bitter) I was able to really take it in for what it was. I did feel boxed in with the cast as they drove around. I felt emotion in the connections of specific characters and thought about the previous episodes leading up to the finale.
    I've read mixed reviews about Morgan's decision to kill to save Carol and I personally loved it. I enjoy his passive state of mind to an extent but I also feel like they are living in a war zone fighting for survival. It's almost civil war-like and unfortunately in war you have to kill or be killed (or witness your peers/loved ones be killed). So I enjoyed his change of heart to save Carol who he obviously cares a great deal for despite their vastly different philosophies on life in the apocalypse.
    Abraham has become one of my favorites over the past year or longer, so I enjoyed his moments with Eugene and I do like his relationship with Sasha because of how serious he is beginning to feel. I've always like him and Rosita and I would have been opposed to Abe/Sasha if he and Rosita had a solid relationship rather than a casual one. Still, I believe their bond is real and unbreakable even though they no longer share a bed. Abe's words about having a baby made me melt (even though it felt a bit premature - but hey it's the apocalypse).
    Rick just broke my heart. He looked so helpless for the first time in a longgg time and seeing how much he cares about his people made that all the more gut wrenching. He was doing everything in his power to help Maggie and it killed him to know that he couldn't get her to where they were going. You could see his hope fading as the episode went on and the final scene was like a stake through the heart. Rick you will redeem yourself!
    Overall I enjoyed the finale because I felt myself feeling what the characters were supposed to be feeling. My face was hot, heartbeat racing and my fingernails were all but gone. I will probably watch again before October. :)

#47 HonestAbe, Apr 9, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2016