Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[616] Rate The Damn Dungheap!!

Discussion in 'Episode 616 - Last Day on Earth' started by Neuropyramidal, Apr 1, 2016.

?

Rate it immediately.

1. 10

17 vote(s)
    11.6%
  2. 9

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  3. 8

22 vote(s)
    15.1%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    5.5%
  5. 6

11 vote(s)
    7.5%
  6. 5

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  7. 4

12 vote(s)
    8.2%
  8. After watching this, I wish it was TWD's last day on earth.

25 vote(s)
    17.1%
  9. 2

9 vote(s)
    6.2%
  10. After watching this, I wish it was MY last day on earth.

15 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

4 out of 5 Lucille's.

2. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

We didn't get so many commercial breaks here in the UK (sounds grim)...will need to watch again before rating but I liked the increasing desperation of the roadblocks and the realisation that they were up against something really big and bad.
    Enjoyed the Carol near death scenes - might have been interesting to have that maverick guy finish her off (more unexpected than any Lucille scene??)...the cliffhanger was disappointing but expected. Shame really...as I wanted to end this series feeling gutted. Depending on who it is I might not be that bothered. The end result is that no main character has died during the airing of 6B - which when you include both the Mega Herd and Negan is "unrealistic".

3. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

This was a good episode up until the end. I am absolutely dumbfounded as to why someone thought it was a good idea to end the season with such a huge cliffhanger? I wasn't getting the 'season finale' vibes I should have been, which is disappointing. As has been said, the acting was superb; my kudos goes to Melissa McBridge. 8/10 from me, with the season being an 8/10 as a whole.

4. WalkingBuckeye

WalkingBuckeye Well-Known Member

I give it a 3, and not just b/c of the cliffhanger. It makes me beyond crazy when ostensibly smart people are infected with the Stupids. Taking everyone in the RV; not blowing away the first group they saw (after being willing to kill a bunch of people in their sleep). I know it's straight from the comics, but I just cannot take someone seriously when one of the first phrases out of his mouth is "pee-pee pants." The acting was superlative, without a doubt, and there were some touching moments (Eugene's courage; his pride at being such an invaluable part of this team; his moment with Abraham). But the 90-minute element, which we were initially so psyched about, turned out to be one giant commercial break.

The writers broke the promise that keeps fans engaged: we won't pull a bunch of stunts for shock value's sake; we'll stay true to the story; we won't turn characters into caricatures just to fit a plot-line we've decided to follow.

5. Brewtality

Brewtality New Member

I've been lurking for months. Every episode ever I would at least rate good. Some great even, this last one though, I'd give it a negative if it was option. Worse than horrible, I would rather watch 12 hours of spongebob than be subjected to this torture! Gimple needs to loose his job over this!

6. WhatThe...

WhatThe... Member

Im not mad. I gave it a 10. I dont understand why people are so mad about the cliffhanger. The only problem is that its going to be leaked sooner or later bc of filming and the actor wont be there anymore during filming. As far as storytelling is concerned, I agreed with Gimple even before I saw TTD. He said that this episode was about bringing Rick to his knees, basically, and the season 7 will be about the repurcussions of how the dynamic shift and how the death will affect the group and how season 7 plays out. For me, the cliffhanger hasnt made a difference in the impact of the event, it only means they really have to step up and present an incredible season 7 premier. Its not a big deal.

7. runcornwalker

runcornwalker Member

Same here. The last 15 or so minutes had my stomach in knots. I have never been as tense watching an episode of TWD. I rated it 10.

8. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It works in the comics because every other word from Negan is a F bomb. But it doesn't translate well on TV, particularly since everything that preceded Negan's entrance was a dumpster fire.

9. Buffalo Al

Buffalo Al New Member

Thought it was a very good episode undermined by the cliffhanger decision. Somewhat bemused by the more hysterical reactions to that.

10. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

8 from me
    liked the intensity of the repeated run ins with the saviours
    I wasn't too pissed about the ending, I wish they'd been more imaginative about it but Negan was so epic that I'm not too fussed about who died, as long as it ain't one of my favourites.

11. TDogResurrected

TDogResurrected Active Member

2/10 just because of Negan's monologue (would have been 0/10). Scott Gimple tried to say"...cant say why." THEN DONT START STORIES YOU CANT FINISH!!! Holly hell, end the season with Negan exiting the RV. Then start next season with him beating someone to death. DONT COP OUT AND BEAT SOMEONE AND NOT SHOW WHO THEN GO ON 6 MONTH BREAK! That just makes your viewers say WHO GIVES A F*CK. The writers really fell flat on their faces on this one

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/other/showrunner-defends-the-walking-dead-finale/ar-BBrmoXi

12. Basilisk

Basilisk New Member

I know the cliffhanger has pissed a lot of people off, but this is one of the best episodes of the entire series. A 10​.

13. maxlvtrojan

maxlvtrojan Member

14. Peterorange

Peterorange New Member

I'm the opposite of most folk here. Don't mind the cliffhanger ending. But the 'extra long episode' filled with interminable driving around and nothing really happening bugged me to start off with. Then the dumb plot development where they presumably get out of the van at some random point in the middle of the night and are a few yards from a clearing with 100s of Negan's henchmen. How big was the area they were driving around - he must have thousands of men to keep tabs on them the whole time. The Negan monologue got tiresome quickly.

And what happened to this being a zombie show? They have been reduced to background decor :(.

I might walk away. It has got too dumb and too ugly. 4/10 for the top notch acting, especially Carol, Morgan and Rick. They all deserve better.

15. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

They really underutilized Lennie James this season. They were waiting for years to get the guy on the show and didn't give him much material.

16. kivo1889

kivo1889 Member

An unsatisfying 6/10 from me. Too much driving around in an RV on a mission that was too obviously designed to put most of the A Team on the wrong end of Negan's bat.

And for me Negan jumped right off the pages of the comic books and stayed a cartoon character. Sorry to all the comic book Negan diehard fans, but I found the Governor a lot more 3D. And that's a problem for me in that I'm not sure I want yet another season of the gang overcoming baddies that have to get more and more lurid to avoid repeating previous baddies.

I'll be looking forward to the start of S7 more in dread than anticipation. If it looks like being two seasons of Negan psychopathy then I'm out...

17. GonzagaGirl

GonzagaGirl New Member

I was anticipating my typical sadness that the season is over and we have no Walking Dead to watch for many many months and I was expecting the cliffhanger and I thought it would really bother me, wondering who it was .... funny thing though. this season was overall disappointing and each Sunday I was kinda like Meh, so that is how i'm feeling now. I'm not counting the days until it comes back.... it's just whatever. I give it a 2.

#77 GonzagaGirl, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2016
  18. Poor Mika

Poor Mika Active Member

I actually thought this episode was both really interesting and tense. I liked the way the tension was ramped up bit by bit in the RV - especially after meeting that BIG group of saviours and then next the voice over with the man hanging at the log road block. You could feel even Abe starting to panic. Was also genuinely unsure if Carole was dying too - brilliant "desperate" acting! I rated the episode a 9 but think it was just a little spoiled by not revealing who met Lucille. The whole of 6B has been building towards this and we were left having been put through the emotional wringer but without the climax. Now I will spend the summer hoping that TWD has maintained its integrity by killing off a truly major character - not Eugene or Rosita for example. Having replayed the ending a few times, the sound of the bat hitting home is truly sickening...I hope that in 6 months time I can bring myself back to this feeling as the show enters it's first 5 minutes...

19. Gordian Knot

Gordian Knot Member

Curious here. Cliff hanger season finales happen all the time. Why does everyone think this particular one is SO terrible. Is it just the curiosity about who got it? And anger at having to wait so long to find out? If not those, again, what makes this cliff hanger any different from a thousand others we have seen.

20. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Because they absolutely murdered the flow.