Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

6x07 Criticism and Complaints!

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 20, 2015.

1. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

I've enjoyed the Leftovers more this season to be honest.

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Or Glenn meets Lucille. In fulfillment of the scriptures.

3. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I gave Gimple too much credit earlier in the season. After the first couple of episodes I thought he had grown a bit as a show runner. Thought I saw signs there that he'd turned the corner and would do a better job with the overall narrative. Maybe it was all just wishful thinking on my part. But after the Glenn stuff I really don't have faith in him any longer.

And to top it all of he's going to pretend that Glenn's drawn out dumpster diving scene was organic.

#63 Stealth, Nov 24, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 24, 2015
  4. Stealth

The Dolls are hiding under the dumpster. It's the big mid season cliffhanger.

5. Stealth

The issue isn't that they have a big cast. The problem is that Gimple has proven over the past few seasons that he can't handle a big cast.

Look at how Game of Thrones deals with a much larger cast yet keeps the overall narrative going.

But I agree with you that the gimmicks being used are old. I believe it's a big part of the ratings slipping. The comic material now is too good, and straightforward to have to cut through the mess he's created.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I've never seen it, but it must be a good show.

7. Morgotha

I can't believe how I'm still so bummed out after this episdode. What I liked about TWD early on was that it was a show that focused on people in a bad scenario as people, and also that it wasn't a show where anyone wearing a white hat was going to be o.k. at the end of the day. They made a show about zombies "realistic". With Glenn's magical survival, I wonder if TWD is ever going to be the show it used to be, and that saddens me.

Also, the church steeple falling on the wall. C'mon. Here we had Rick saying how they were finally safe enough to take some time and do something right, and they have to force a plot change with something like this. I can easily see anyone in Rick's group taking Enid's philosophy and saying, "what's the point?" As a viewer, I feel the same way, what's the point anymore.

8. Stealth

I know I was surprised to see how positive the reaction was in the review the episode thread. But then participation there has been down from previous seasons, so I imagine some people aren't frequenting the board as much and/or aren't discussing the episode if they didn't like it. I haven't commented on the last few there either.

It's too bad. I love the TWD franchise, but it's just moved in the wrong direction. What's frustrating is that we're now in some of the best comic material. They just need to tell the damn story.

Never thought I'd give more credit to Mazzara than Gimple but at least he got one thing right, in the Zombie Apocalypse people are going to die. They didn't like the rate at which he was killing off people. I understand that. But if faced with the choice of that scenario, or having the main cast bullet proof, I'd have to go with his approach.

9. sam12six

sam12six Member

There's coincidence, which can be a very useful device to introduce plot lines. Then there's ridiculous, insulting to the viewer coincidence:

Glenn chooses to make his last stand on a dumpster. This dumpster just happens to be in the alley directly behind the building Enid randomly chose to squat in...

The steeple support falls almost in direct response to everyone breathing a sigh of relief that the walls are secure again...

Rick has assembled the entire team to do a dry run of his plan (codename: Operation Stupid) and one of the trucks that had been keeping 6,000,000,000,000 zombies contained since the beginning of the zombie crisis falls AS THEY WATCH, releasing the zombies...

Maggie is in the middle of Redneckville (located in Nowhere County, Georgia) complaining to Beth that having sex hurts because she just can't handle anyone with average or better equipment. Along comes a Korean guy...

(OK, the last one might have happened differently than I remember. It's been a while since season 2)

-------

What makes me sad is that this was shaping up to be a solid season until Operation Stupid. Whatever changed at that point had to be something big (by which I mean a shuffling of duties or power on the production crew) because I can't imagine such a dramatic shift in how the show is handled coming from the same production crew unless there was some sort of shakeup.

10. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

why Father Gabriel is so dumb and....

Because he's Father Gabriel.

11. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

Just watched the episode, the Glenn thing was just lame. No other way of putting it. He was lay on the floor with his head and shoulders exposed screaming and not a single walker touched him, he rolls under the dumpster and they are all trying to grab him then, just be a little bit consistent please.

He was under there at least a night and was under there long enough to be thirsty, yet the guy who died at the railings hadn't turned and got up and looked for food? Just be consistent please.

He and Maggie forsake all others and go through hell and high water to find each other up to now and when he gets free he spends god knows how long chasing after Enid. Just be consistent please.

Spencer has been the biggest coward on the show and now he is risking life and limb to help, just be consistent please.

The show is beginning to have more holes than Swiss cheese.

12. Morgotha

Not to mention that when Glenn and Nick were there, the whole place was swarming with walkers, and when Glenn got up there wasn't a single one as far as the eye can see. No hangers on milling aimlessly in the alley, or on the street, nowhere.

13. sam12six

sam12six Member

Well see, he just lost his BFF. How did he and Nick get to be BFFs? Nick tried to kill him over and over. When Enid pulled the gun on him, Glenn realized she could be his new BFF...

I was willing to ignore that because it's part of a bigger problem I have with the current situation at Alexandria. You can't tell me the zombies after a couple of days are all distributed evenly around the entire neighborhood just staring at the wall. At the gate, sure - there's always someone standing there tempting them with a juicy living brain. I can totally see a clump of zombies standing there doing their jazz fingers thing at the person.

What about the rest of the wall, though? It's a decent sized neighborhood (from what you can see on the show). Are the zombies really standing 6 deep along the back side of the neighborhood where nothing's going on? Not wandering off after grasshoppers, or whatever?

Yeah, when he was limping along yelling Enid's name, I was thinking, "How profoundly things change in a single day..."

14. Lupey

Lupey Member

US Army with RPGs. Ahhhhhh NO!

15. Morgotha

lol! I like your version of Glenn better than the real one.

16. drifter77

drifter77 Member

17. Lupey

Lupey Member

I knew they were testing them but for the TWD Universe I'm still saying NAH ;) Much more believable if it was an AT4.

18. Sammy01

Sammy01 Member

At least one thing they are consistent with is the fat chick guarding the supplies and weapons being consistently useless.

19. Youcher1

Youcher1 New Member

And how would you get the balloons to FLOAT in tandem in an animal shape?

20. Moor-Angol

Moor-Angol Member

I was a little busy so I couldn't have time to post my first impression as usual, and yesterday I already watched it the second time.

Anyway, I don't have so many complaints this week, the episode was really better than the latest.

I just wonder why while that guy who wrote down his thought to his wife, killed in front of Michonne and Heath, became a zombie as expected, but Nicholas, who lied down near Glenn for a whole night, didn't...

And that was funny to see how when the herd came to ASZ Rick & Co. said "we have to be quiet" (even if they had a big discussion just in front of the wall :D ) then Rick and Tobin are using hammer near the wall (and don't mentioning all the shots made by Tara during Spencer rescue...)