Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

7 Reasons we're thrilled Maggie's returning....

Discussion in 'The Walking Dead Television Series' started by Dnae, Oct 8, 2019.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

From the AMC blog:

It’s official: Maggie’s back!

At New York Comic Con on Saturday, The Walking Dead executive producer Angela Kang introduced Lauren Cohan as a surprise guest at the panel and revealed that Maggie will be coming back to back to The Walking Dead. For TWD fans, this is like Carl finding a long-lost can of chocolate pudding.

Once Maggie returns, there will be many mysteries to unravel, grudges to settle and plenty of walkers to kill. But in the meantime, with The Walking Dead Season 10 Premiere already here and available for free on amc.com and AMC apps, it got us thinking about all the reasons Maggie is great and just how much we’ve missed her. So without further ado, here’s seven things we can’t for when Maggie returns to TWD.

1. To Hear About Where She’s Been…
    When Georgie mysteriously shows up in Season 8, she’s got food to spare and a book of schematics to help rebuild the world. What kind of community has all that in the apocalypse? We’re about to find out, because Maggie’s spent years there!

2. …And To See What She Brought Back With Her
    Remember all those schematics? Life at the end of the world is tough. The survivors have lost the Kingdom and are about to enter a new phase of their cold war with the Whisperers. Any help Maggie can bring back with her will be a huge boon to the communities.

3. To See If She’s Going to Wreak Fiery Vengeance on Alpha
    Alpha killed her friends and destroyed the communities Maggie worked to unite, all while Maggie was perhaps hundreds of miles away. In the past, that kind of behavior hasn’t sat well with Maggie. Just ask Gregory and Arat and the Terminans and many others who have stood in her way. Alpha better watch out if she’s still in the survivors’ path when Maggie returns.

4. Three Words: Maggie vs. Negan
    Speaking of which, Maggie never formally got her revenge on a certain big bad for what he did to Glenn, deciding to leave Negan alive instead. As of this writing, Negan is healthy as can be. When Maggie returns, with Rick elsewhere, will she be as merciful? Perhaps we’ll finally get the Maggie vs. Negan showdown that Glenn deserves.

5. To See How Big Hershel Is
    When we last saw Maggie and Glenn’s son Hershel, he was a baby. One time jump later, he’s roughly the age of a first grader. Does he look like Glenn? Maggie? Is he a kick-ass fighter like his parents? We’re likely to find out soon.

6. Hilltop Might Need a Leader
    Things have not gone well for the chiefs of Hilltop since Maggie took off. The Whisperers killed Jesus. They killed Tara. It’s anyone’s guess who’s next in line, but we know of one person who’s already proven they have the strength to marshal the Hilltop to face massive crises, huge battles and overwhelming odds: Maggie Rhee.

7. Because We Just Missed Her
    Maggie has been a huge part of the heart and soul of the group since the moment she arrived on the scene. Following her journey through tremendous ups and downs, feats of bravery and heroism and moments dark and light has been a real treat. We can’t wait to see.

https://www.amc.com/shows/the-walki...-maggies-return&utm_campaign=the-walking-dead

• Like Like x 2
  2. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

8. To see the new skills she acquired as a CIA operative.

Any news if her return is to stay on the show going forward, or is it to film some flash back or flash forward scenes to tie up a few knots?

3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Nothing confirmed other than she is coming back as a series regular for season 11

It was hinted that we MIGHT see her in season 10. I think if that happens it will be something along the lines of seeing her at the end of the season finale

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

We know where she was, she was in that shitshow she got into so she could move on with her career.

Humility? Shame? A lasting feeling of failure? Herpes? Nah, she could have stayed home.

She better not take that away from characters who actually have something to avenge. Oh no, you killed some people I don't really know about and some I left behind...

Negan for the win. Let's hope he's really mean to her.

Not that you really cared.

In a "I need you like I need a hole in my head" kind of way?

Anybody really misses her? I always hated that character and thought she often was a burden to Glenn, a much better character.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

I'm glad she's coming back, but this is the only thing regarding her return I'm uncertain about. I don't see how Maggie and Negan can co-exist on the show. With Rick gone and Michonne soon to leave it feels as if Negan will take on a bigger role and that creates problems if Maggie comes back in a leadership role.

6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings about her return.

To be honest I did not really miss her presence on the series. I would have been fine without her return.

With that said her return will quiet (at least a wee bit) the whiners about "everybody's leaving....
    full disclosure in regard to my spoiler tags: an elderly man I worked with many years ago would say that anytime one of our techs would complain. Personally I am fine, not experiencing any pain :D Please understand he would also say
    when he could not remember someone's name.

I digress....back to Maggie

I do not think that she will play a role in the whisperers arc. Assuming of course that is wrapped up and put on a shelf by the season finale.

7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am not confident that Negan survives this season. I don't know, for some reason I have this notion that he dies.

I hope not. I mean if he dies then he dies but I am hoping my "spidey sense" is way off base

8. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

From another Comic Con report saying her return would be in season 10.

The Walking Dead announces Lauren Cohan’s return at NYCC

At New York Comic-Con, The Walking Dead announced that Lauren Cohan, who left the series last season, will return in season 10 as Maggie Greene.

Of all the big reveals that came out of The Walking Dead’s NYCC panel, the news that Lauren Cohan will be returning to TWD as Maggie Greene is what made fans really happy. Lauren Cohan quietly left the series in season 9 to pursue other opportunities. The show was hopeful that Lauren’s schedule would allow her to return as Maggie Greene someday, so they wrote Maggie out of the series by having her go to join Georgie and work on building a knowledge base that could be shared with other communities.
    When Whiskey Cavalier, the ABC show that Lauren was starring in, was not picked up for a second season, fans were anxious to have Cohan return to The Walking Dead. The show said that talks were ongoing with Cohan, but there was no indication that she would be returning until she joined the cast onstage at NYCC this past weekend to announce her return.

Even though Maggie Greene isn’t an original TWD character, she has been on the show since season 2 and is one of the longest surviving characters. She’s also a fan favorite, and fans are very invested in the well-being of Maggie and Glenn’s son, Hershel Rhee.

No information was given about how Maggie Greene will rejoin the survivors, but showrunner Angela Kang confirmed that Maggie will return as a series regular in season 10 of The Walking Dead.

9. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

So if she is returning in season 10, it seems it would make sense to write her in at the end of the whisperer arc. May be she comes back as a hero to save the day like how Carol did when she took out the cannibals at the terminus?

10. Miamicuse

Miamicuse Active Member

What's more interesting to me is how they would time and weave the Maggie re-emergence with Michonne's departure.

Maggie left with Georgie, who is connected with another community, and widely speculated as the same as the Commonwealth.

Michonne is supposed to be leaving the group (instead of being killed off) to look for Rick.

Which seems reasonable to suggest that Michonne leaves to look for Rick after she got some information from Maggie.

"Well, he lives three blocks down from me at the Commonwealth, you didn't know? He was in bad shape and was in a coma, until we developed the technology to grow another Rick from the comatosed Rick's DNA. How he is fully grown but he has no memory of any past event..."

That seems unlikely. If she is gone searching for Rick it seems to suggest she has very little idea where he is. If Rick is at the Commonwealth then all Michonne needs is ditections, or GPS coordinates and Google Maps.

My money would be Maggie comes back to tell the gang that there was an FBI agent Whiskey Cavalier who got killed by ABC after one season. The group is called ABC because they recruit new members by designating them as ABC types (A for axxholes, B for bxxches and C for cxxts), and this Whiskey guy on his dying breath told her that he has an undercover informant inside ABC, and her name is Jadis, that Jadis has information on the whereabouts of a dozen helicopters modified so that they can use human urine as fuel. Jadis was sent to steal that technology but she also know where Rick was/is.

11. BlackBird

BlackBird Well-Known Member

I have mixed feelings too. My general attitude towards Maggie has always been lukewarm. I always preferred the other female characters around her. I didn't like how she gave up on Beth, even after she learned from Daryl she could well be alive. Not to mention the fact she never wrote Beth's name next to Glenn's, on her way to Terminus... No excuse, really.

I began to like her character more after Glenn died, and she took on the leadership of Hilltop. I liked how the meeting went down between her and Negan in the cell, and I feel that was proper closure on it, I can't imagine how they could possibly bring these two characters together again in a scene, it feels impossible. Perhaps @Dnae is right, and Negan will die before Maggie returns.

Whilst I've not missed her, I'm very curious about where she's been and what is the purpose of her return.

12. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Ahahah!

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

to be honest....I'd rather have Negan on the show than maggie

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

They really need to bring back Beth for the big musical number.

• Winner Winner x 1