Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[705] Praise be for Jesus, Carl, Enid & Hilltop!!

Discussion in 'Episode 705 - Go Getters' started by Dnae, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Where to start?

I have been super excited for the return of Jesus. I love the character and the fact that Tom Payne is a sight to behold is just icing on the cake, a very yummy delicious want to lick the icing off the cake kind of salacious fun yes, BUT I do love the character.

**Insert Rant**I hold a great deal of hope that this character will not suffer at the hands of TPTB who wield said power by handing over the great parts of other characters story arc to the character of Daryl. It has become glaringly obvious and tiresome. Yeah, I have become a wee bit jaded in regard to the character of Daryl and I blame those in charge. Too much of a good thing, even a just okay thing, grows old in time.**Close Rant**
    Back to praising because I do not like when that darker side of myself rears its nasty little head!

Since season 4B I have been waiting for the friendship between Maggie and Sasha to reach its full potential. We saw it during their walker fight at the abandoned warehouse in 4B. We saw it when Maggie reaches out to Sasha, taking her outside to watch the sunrise in 5B (episode Them). Then nothing of substance between the two of them in season 6 and I had given up hope that we would see a deep friendship between two strong positive female characters. But to my surprise and happiness it was Sasha who Maggie allowed to help her make it to Hilltop, who Maggie allowed herself to lean on. And now, we have Sasha who is willing to stay at Hilltop with Maggie, willing to work her arse off to "pay" Maggie's way if that is what is needed, willing to stand by her friend, help her see the pregnancy through to a successful conclusion. We have Maggie and Sasha who are going to lean on one another in the weeks and months ahead of their journey to acceptance of the deaths of Glenn and Abraham and also depending on one another to obtain the revenge that they both want to see to the end. Sasha is going to spearhead that journey to revenge for Maggie. She is going to make that her mission. I have loved Sasha since season 3. And between last week's episode with the new and improved Rosita and now Sasha and Maggie in this episode. Season 7 is shaping up to be the season of Bad Ass Women who have no patience for Negan and his merry band of thugs nor their tactics of intimidation, bullying and murder
    [​IMG]

The kiss....well it was a very, VERY nice kiss indeed. Of course Michonne would not let Rick leave without him knowing that she "was still with him".
    [​IMG]

Jesus - he has moves like Jagger!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

#21 Dnae, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Continuation of praise

I loved LOVED the dynamic and chemistry between Maggie, Sasha and Jesus

Maggie's budding leadership role and Sasha and Jesus (at least for the time being) as her confidant's and partners is going to be great fun to watch develop. It is not often that we see women on television, especially women in power roles on television, develop close bonds with one another. I have longed for this for Maggie and Sasha and adding Jesus to the mix is like the cherry on top of a hot fudge sundae.

The three of them, Maggie, Jesus and Sasha are going to prove to be a force to be reckoned with. They have Maggie's resolve, Sasha's fierceness (Beyonce' reference unintentional) and Jesus' compassion and need to do what is right and true not to mention his sweet moves and stealth nature!

[​IMG]

A couple of call backs to previous seasons/episodes really struck me. The moment in the trailer when Jesus is explaining to Sasha his role at the Hilltop, that he is doing what he can to help. Over the last hours with Gregory Sasha can see his frustration. She sees that Jesus does not believe in the leader of Hilltop. She then asks him "what do you want", just as Deanna asked Michonne in season 6 just before she died. What Jesus will come to realize is that what he wants is to have a leader of his community that he can respect, that he can follow, that he can rely on to lead and care for the community. What he realizes during the course of this episode is that Maggie is that person
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Sasha and Jesus fighting side by side - a warriors ballet! I am damn giddy with anticipation to have the two of them share screen time over and over.
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Ha, I still have yet to touch on the feels in this episode. Simon and Gregory. Jesus and Carl in the back of the truck. So much goodness wrapped into one episode​

#22 Dnae, Nov 22, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2016
  3. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I really enjoy Meg's youtube channel. Give her videos a watch
    [video=youtube;FiN_G-TSFCE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FiN_G-TSFCE[/video]

4. hiddeninside

hiddeninside Member

#24 hiddeninside, Nov 26, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2016