Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[711] Rate the Calamity!

Discussion in 'Episode 711 - Hostiles and Calamities' started by Neuropyramidal, Feb 26, 2017.

?

Rate it or suffer the consequences, which is rib tickling!

1. 10

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. 9

9 vote(s)
    22.0%
  3. 8

14 vote(s)
    34.1%
  4. 7

7 vote(s)
    17.1%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    9.8%
  6. 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. what about 5??

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    2.4%
  10. I'd rather be torn apart by a tribe of hostiles!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Rate it!

Doooooo it! Dooooo it!

2. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Episode summary:

Dwight is a c*nt.

Eugene is given the good cop routine.

Dwight continues to be a c*nt.

Eugene breaks bad.

Dwight's c*ntiness gets someone killed.

Eugene is Negan. Dwight is a c*nt.

Edit: what in the genuine f*ck? Charlie uniform November tango is now censored? F*CK THIS NEW FORUM!

• Like Like x 1
  3. jackson04

jackson04 Active Member

Don't know if it is because the show is losing popularity or the forum is. But there have not been as many threads on here lately...

4. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

It's due more to recent issues on the forum.

Did not like this last episode though.

Gimple is back to his failed technique of putting new wine in an old bottle.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Zvivor

Zvivor Well-Known Member

This episode is the first one in a while that I thought was excellent. Gave it a 10. Story wise, it had a lot of character issues that were interesting. It was well-paced, visually complex, etc. It seemed like the original TWD writers had either re-joined the team or gotten over their writers block -- I'm not sure which. Lots of intrigue re the characters and the story line going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Pros: Dwight

It was nice hearing the merchant teach Eugene simple home etiquette. Too bad she folded in the end.

Indifference - Killing a Doctor in today's world is not a good idea. But, I understand why Dwight did it. He needed a scape goat for Sherry....and the man talked shit about his wife. He had to go.

Cons: Negan and Saviors are so dumb to believe that resume.

Eugene

Overall, first came Swear......now Hostiles and Calamities.
    Gave it a 5

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. DocCovington

DocCovington Member

9/10

Eugene rocks. He knows his own weaknesses well, but he knows his strengths even better. This is going to be great. The way he is playing Negan (and is fooling the women in order to not get them involved and punished for their involvement) -- fantastic! I can't wait to see how this is going to end. I have a bad feeling that his assassination attempt will go wrong, but at least he is trying. He has successfully infiltrated the enemy's base camp in less than a day and win Negan's trust -- who else would have been able to achieve that? Way to go, Eugene!

As for Dwight, he is still an a-hole. Sherry (sp?) wrote that she believes he was the better person, but she used past tense for a reason. He could have sacrificed himself instead of having the doctor killed, but he only cares for his own survival. His only weak spot is Sherry, but that's about all that is left of him. He is Negan's puppet and a selfish jerk.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

That was the best episode since the show's return, in my opinion. Although I'd prefer it to have progressed the mains storyline of the show, it was refreshing to see things from Eugene's perspective. I liked the two wives who were planning to kill Negan - it's a shame Eugene wouldn't help them.. 9/10.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Solid episode, as far as bottles go. Deepening Eugene's character a bit. Dwight's too, although I still am far from sympathizing with him.

• Like Like x 4
  10. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

I completely love Eugene and I hate Dwight, so what if his wife has gone he didn't have to lie about dr Carson.
    Loved that eugenes character got to show more depth. I totally understand what he's doing to survive.

• Like Like x 3
  11. tink

tink Well-Known Member

See now this is what the first half of this season should have been. Yes, Negan was a prick, but it was broken up by other stuff, some of which was even fun.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Expat-N-America

Expat-N-America Active Member

Very very good. 8/10. The pacing in this episode was excellent for a so called "bottle episode". Not a dull moment.

• Like Like x 1
  13. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

Excellent episode. I really like how the Dwight character is shaping out. I'd like to see more complex "gray" morality characters on the show. They're just so much more interesting and unpredictable. As always Eugene rocks it out. I'd love to see get more screen time in the future rather than the more secondary background group member he's mostly been.

• Like Like x 2
  14. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Yeah I give it an 8 because it was better than I thought it was going to be. We got more of the history of the Dwight/Sherry/Negan story. And Eugene was a rockstar in this. He got his bearings a realized he can use his intellect to not only survive there but infiltrate. I fully expect him to sabotage from the inside.

15. BlackNoise

BlackNoise Member

I really loved this episode and probably my favorite this season. I've hated Eugene's character for awhile now. I just didn't like how he wasn't able to adapt with Rick's group.

What I love about this episode is how it allows Eugene to finally shine as Eugene. We all know how Eugene really is based on his time with Abe earlier on, but once Rick's group found out about him, Eugene was just tossed aside as a weak member of the group.

He's only a weak character if you only care about physically killing walkers and searching for supplies, but Eugene needs a place where he can use his skill set. I hope the show will spend some time with Eugene and his new place within Negan's group, but I'm nervous it won't last long.

16. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

Now HondaS2kXD is a c*nt.

17. Biffster

• Like Like x 1
  18. Biffster

19. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I give the episode 7.5. Very rare there are no walker kills in an episode. Kinda disappointed that this was a bottle episode. I thought it would be showing a bit more.
    Felt like the episode was out of place with the music choices (Example when you Eugene got a back bone. Victory music!)
    Overall the episode was pretty good!
    But some of Gimple's decisions are head scratching but I liked Eugene in this episode. I love that we got to see more of Dwight and Sherry. It made me feel for the character alot more and his decision on Dr. Carson. I did not see that coming! Bad to kill the only doctor you have, you know? Too important! But I understand.

20. Platix

Platix New Member

I gave it an 8 just based on the fight that Rick had with the armored walker in the garbage pit. That was creative.