Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[803] Rate The Monster

Discussion in 'Episode 803 - Monsters' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 5, 2017.

?

Rate the junkfood junkie!

1. 10

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. 9

6 vote(s)
    17.1%
  3. better than that Monster Cheese that I puts on me white bread!

7 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. 7

8 vote(s)
    22.9%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    11.4%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  7. 4

3 vote(s)
    8.6%
  8. Gave me a monster headache.

2 vote(s)
    5.7%
  9. 2

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  10. Took a monster dump during it, and din't even wait for a commercial message!

1 vote(s)
    2.9%
  1. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I loved this episode, but I'm getting really sick of the rehashed "should we kill our enemies' plot, rehashing the whole "one moral character trying to do the right thing" this has been done twice every season exactly the same way. If they can't come up with a better way to do it they should just fore-go this motif altogether because It's getting really old. EVERY SINGLE TIME, the guy trying to be a moral compass ends up getting others killed. EVERY SINGLE TIME. If they want us to buy into the arguement, what they need to do is make it so the person trying to be moral ends up creating a situation that saves everyones life. But they refuse to do this and want to rehash the story and let it play out exactly like it did the 10 other times.

Because they refuse to make it to so the captured Saviors end up being good guys who spill Negans plot, those saviors will just end up trying to (or succeeding) in killing some people, and it will just reinforce viewers beliefs that all enemies should be killed. I used to be on the fence about it but now I roll my eyes and yell "Just kill theM" every time because 10 times out of 10 on this show it bites them in the ass instead of helping them.

• Like Like x 4
  2. Mell95

Mell95 Member

I gave it a 10 again !!
    Mostly because Dark Daryl is back !! but it's not that kind of dark he used to be !!
    Daryl started as a ruffian and then got softer and softer through years. now, he's tough to enemies and soft with friends !! i LOVE it to see him creating balance.
    so a dark protective Daryl is back! :)

#22 Mell95, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  3. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

No, another Ezekiel fan here (but I love the tiger too).

I rated the episode 9. There was a lot of great acting - Jesus and Morgan scene, Rick and Morales, Aaron and Eric, Ezekiel and Carol.
    I can't say it often enough: I think the actors do a great job in this show. I have yet to find a bad actor there. There are characters, I don't like, but that was never the fault of the actor or actress.

Is anyone else a bit worried, that we see nothing from either Alexandria or Negan? Is there a counter attack going on?

And it looked to me as if Morales was getting up in the end. maybe we will see him again.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Dangerous Daryl is back
    This was the best ep of season 8 so far. I'm so over jesus being moral. Can somebody tell me who he has lost? He shouldn't be telling anyone not to want revenge. His misplaced morality is going to be a liability

5. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

Jesus has probably lost somebody (who hasn't?) but let's not forget that Jesus killed Saviors when Rick led the group in that attack on the satellite base in S6. Jesus has simply become the latest moral authority of the group.

• Like Like x 1
  6. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

He killed some immediately before his "Change" too!

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

I give it a 6.
    Better then some episodes, worse than others. I just didn't like the kings speeches. He is just too over the top. I thought it was because he never faced war, but decided that it was cheesy writing.
    I also didn't like the interaction between Aaron and Eric. They apparently loved each other very much. Aaron would have never of left him, because of this. And to not shoot walker Eric was just not right.
    I do like where they are going with the "good cop -bad cop" with some of the main characters. That is going to make things get interesting.

8. Rapscallion

Don't forget Carol. After Sophia's death, Carol realized that in the apocalypse, you sometimes need to kill in order to defend yourself and defend your group. I hate that Gimple made Carol regress in S6 and leave Alexandria, just so he could introduce the Kingdom to the story.

#28 Rapscallion, Nov 6, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2017
  9. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

I gave it a 6 since nothing of value happended for about 35+ minutes.

10. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

8. Really liked it but it had it's ups and downs. Was very uppy and downy haha. I haaaated the attempt at humour between Gregor and Callan? It was a scene that could go either way and I felt like it was funny (flipping the bird part) but also a cringeworthy attempt. I was also disappointed at the show when Maggie let him inside. Seriously, just get it done. I'm tired of saving snakes in the grass and being moral only to have it bite them in the ass every.single.time. *angst haha Cliffhanger was good and also sad. Hopefully next week is good.

11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I give it a 8.5, but rounded up to 9.

This season is improving with each episode, but I am still cautiously optimistic considering a bad episode could be lurking around the corny any given week.

I loved seeing Daryl stand out again as an interesting character. Unfortunately, as much as I think Khary Payton is doing a good job as a character playing a character, Ezekiel is starting to get on my nerves - they should give him at least a few more moments of real Ezekiel to break-up his method acting. I don't like that he is ALWAYS ON, even when he is caught by surprised it's fake Ezekiel responding, which to me, is incredibly weird and unrealistic.

I think they handled Morales pretty well. It's great that they brought him back (not that they needed to) to tie up a loose end, give Rick some perspective, and even give Daryl a quick moment of character development. The less Morales lingers around the less time the audience has to think about how contrived this altercation was. All things considered, I think TWD got away with this likely fan service motivated decision without it being too stupid.

Aaron and Eric were great. I don't think Ross actually cried during that take, but it's okay. This scene was super emotional and really well handled.

The more I think about it, the more I think that Morgan was the best part of this episode. His inconsistency isn't bad writing - He is a man who has always struggled to make sense of a world that took his wife and son from him while trying to bear the weight of those losses. He's looking for answers, but there are none. He thought he had to "clear," then took up the peaceful art of akido, then he is dragged into war, and in the middle of war is then told not to kill the people he was told to originally kill. Morgan is a frustrated and struggling soul

• Like Like x 4
  12. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

The moral dilemma has been overdone. At this stage it would have been more effective to have them go to extreme measures and then analyze their actions after the war is over, as they try to build a new world etc. The Saviors aren't misled or semi-reluctant fighters, like the majority of the Governor's army. It's a brutal group that outnumbers you. Bringing those people inside of Hilltop is a disaster waiting to happen, and as you said we've been down this same road too many times on the show.

13. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am going to give it an 8

I do agree (I know, hold on to your hats people) that they are over doing the moral dilemma issue. Does not matter what side I tend to lean towards, or that there is a vast gray area between the two (for me at least).

With that said I hope that since they are relying again on said dilemma that they use it to create conflict between some of our main characters. I think we see a beginning of possible conflict between Rick and Daryl, when Daryl shoots the guy at the end of the episode. The look that Rick gives him is not one of "yeah, good job" but more one of "shit, what is becoming of us?" I believe that we will, over the course of the coming episodes, see this schism grow between the grouping of Rick, Jesus, Maggie versus Morgan, Tara, Daryl with Maggie possibly being the wild card at some point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

Look *i* get questioning yourself because the people you’re killing could in fact change and become an asset. But this is not The Walking Dead: That’s So Raven edition. None of them can see the future. What they know here and now is that Saviors are bad people and not only are they bad people, you stand a huge chance of them killing more if you spare them. One of my FAVORITE quotes of TWD is from season 4 when Carol said “You don’t have to like what *i* did Rick, *i* don’t. You just have to accept it.” *i* get the population is dwindling and they’re trying to rebuild but we’ve done this SAME storyline a million times and it ALWAYS ends the same way- with more death. Suck it up, kill these assholes, and do what you have to do to keep the superior group alive. There IS a difference between the Saviors and Rick’s group. Killing humans does NOT make them the same.

• Winner Winner x 2
  15. WalkerHill

WalkerHill Active Member

It’s insane that I’ve now found myself rooting for Tara and Daryl. Thank you lord Carol’s finally back to getting it. Ezekiel gets it. Morgan gets it. You have to do what you HAVE to do.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. Rapscallion

Carol always understood that sometimes you need to kill in order to survive. Gimple only put her through PTSD so she'd leave Alexandria and find the Kingdom.

I'm glad that Daryl is FINALLY back to his hunter characteristics from the earlier seasons.

I'm surprised by Tara's behavior, but she's right. Sparing the Saviors is only going to lead to disaster.

• Like Like x 1
  17. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I think, you've quoted me by accident, since your answer has nothing at all to do with my post, maybe check again, who you actually did want to quote and answer to

18. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

I have it a 7.98.
    What I loved- Jesus & Morgan having it out. Rick presenting Gracie to Aaron. Daryl nailing Morales and His other instances of being the black sheep (shep?) again.
    Count me in as an Ezekiel lover.

Not so much- Aaron’s cliche goodbye speech. I could have penned that without seeing the scene. Gosh, I love Mags, but Gregory needs to go. She should’ve given him a knife & an apple and shut the gates.

19. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

Lol! What could they have done differently to have earned that extra and very critical .02 points? I gotta know.

Personally, I'd say more screen time for Shiva. She gets even fewer lines than T-Dog. It's BS!

20. Prufrock

Prufrock Well-Known Member

Sir, Shiva’s growl is more than a tenth of a point.
    I need more Heath! Where the hell is he?