Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[804] Praise & Positivity

Discussion in 'Episode 804 - Some Guy' started by GrungeMan, Nov 9, 2017.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Praise some guy here. Any guy.

2. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I am going to praise a couple of guys and one gal here!

Lets talk about Carol. Ya know, I could not stand Carol in the comic book and it has taken me several seasons to rid myself of that disdain. Of course Melissa McBride as an actress and as just a wonderful woman makes it a bit easier. But lets talk about Carol - I am going to go against the grain here and state outright that I liked that they had her screw up a wee bit when she initially tries to engage the saviors outside in the courtyard area. Nice to see her be somewhat fallible and not always on point. And I have to say no matter where they take the relationship with Ezekiel and Carol, be it merely friendship or something deeper, I love the chemistry between not only the characters but also the actors. That moment between her and Zeke when they are talking about choosing to be the person they are today - that was beautifully written and wonderfully executed.

Ezekiel - oh my heart breaks for this character. He has lost a great number of warriors, people that I believe he genuinely loved and wanted a better life for. And his Shiva - man, way to make me cry over a cgi animal! Zeke catches a fair amount of flak on this site for his over the top speeches and grandiose persona. But that is exactly who his character is....a man pretending to be something he is not for the sole purpose of using it to uplift the people of his community, to give them a sense of security, of safety. That someone is in control of their community and that someone cares for his people. I love that Ezekiel plays this role and he knows full well he is playing a role. And I think the desire for the "farce" to continue was illustrated when he is telling Jerry that he is not his king and Jerry's response is "I need you to be my king" (paraphrased of course). Now how will Zeke deal with his losses, his guilt, his sadness? That may just turn out to be one of the more interesting stories.

Jerry - So great to see warrior Jerry. When it came down to business Jerry was there, Jerry was ready and Jerry was fierce! I hope that Jerry is around for a long time.

Dahmer Dude - what a creep! And what a great creep he was. To make me hate him almost instantaneously - good job, because I did....hate him instantaneously.

I will say this and it is just a wee criticism - I do hope for a bit more storytelling now that we have become fully engaged in the war.

And yeah! Dwight is back next episode - another character that I find very interesting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  3. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Carol's little smile when she heard Daryl's motorcycle.

Rick swerving during the chase and revealing that Daryl was back up and just behind him.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I was just going to say...I was giddy to see our guys Rick & Daryl show up just at the right time, and Carol's reaction to it. I don't even care if people think it was cheesy lol. I loved it.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Lindigo

The body parts scattered around the compound in the initial shot and the ghastly level of the injuries was so horrific. King E's horror at struggling to get out from under the pile of the dead beginning to rise was just perfect. That whole scene was an entire stand-alone miniature horror movie. So impressive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Damn Weeble
    [​IMG]

Hmmmmm just realized that those born after 1980 may not understand!

#6 Dnae, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Funny Funny x 3
  7. Lindigo

Team Daryl and Rick mostly wordless after the chase, and then Daryl: We got the guns. (pause) You look like shit.

:D

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I am going to take a sharp left and actually praise the use of that weird hipster savior because he was a clear manifestation of all the anxiety and self-loathing that Ezekiel was likely experiencing in his own mind in that moment.

I absolutely love Ezekiel and believe he needed to be broken down so that he can be built up stronger than before and FINALLY be more like himself.

Fantastic character development episode.

Also, Jerry. Everything Jerry.

I too look forward to seeing more Dwight. The show is doing such a great job with developing some of it's most recent characters in a way that makes us fascinated by them (or the very least react strongly to them) as if they've been here from the beginning (Ezekiel, Simon, Gregory, Negan, Jesus)

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

Glad to see Carol back in full effect. She was awesome. Im the same age as Mmb and know all those action scenes weren't easy.Big up CAROL!
    I knew what was coming for Shiva, having read the comics up to this point, but that scene was heart breaking. The sound of her wailing will haunt my sleep tonight.
    I hate that guy Gunther he looked like a discount Jeffery Dhamer and he was creepy AF.
    Khary Peytons acting was fantastic he showed so many dimensions to his character. I am deeply in love with Jerry too.

That was, for me, the best ep in any season.

Well done to all involved it was epic.

#9 Toothpick, Nov 13, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
    • Like Like x 4
  10. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

YES.....someone else who is looking forward to seeing more Dwight. I think Austin Amelio is knocking it out of the park with his take on Dwight

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I fully agree with Dnae about Ezekiels character. He became one of my favorites from his first appearance onward and I hate to see him this crushed, but I hope, he will emerge stronegr from it. And as a D&D player myself, I can appreciate his speeches :D
    Kharys acting is among the best in that show (and that says something, I think, they have a lot of really talented people there) and I really enjoyed it a lot in this episode.
    Carol coming to the rescue was a great moment, it showed, that she accepted Ezekiel as one of her people.
    Jerry - can a guy be any more loveable? He is such a great, heartwarming character - loved his 'Thank you for being such a cool dude'
    Rick and Daryl stopping the savior with the guns, very dashing :)
    And of course poor Shiva - I will miss that CGI tiger. I had a feeling, that we would see her death in this episode after how the last one ended, but still, it's heartbreaking :(

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Posting this youtube review of episode 4 from Meg Stansfield . I love her youtube channel. She is a breath of fresh air and I encourage you to check out her channel! She loves TWD but is not opposed to handing out a critique when she deems it is warranted. It is the manner in which she offers up her critical opinions that I admire. Never in a condescending manner, never with an air of being holier than thou and never in a style that is demeaning or laced with a bit of venom.