Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[806] Rate the yonder dipstick!!

Discussion in 'Episode 806 - The King, the Widow, and Rick' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 26, 2017.

?

Rate it like yesterday

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. This episode was King

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  3. 8

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  4. 7

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. 6

7 vote(s)
    31.8%
  6. 5

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  7. 4

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
  8. I'd like to make the producer's wife a Widow!!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  10. Rick.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

6.2. Needed more Rick/Daryl bromance. Not enough little ass-kicker.

3. cycles

cycles Member

I gave it a 6.

It was such a depressing episode that I almost gave it a 5 but I increased it to 6 on the strength of the interaction between Carol and Ezekiel.

Otherwise it was the dumb decision episode. Rick put himself in the hands of the Heapsters, Michonne snuck around with a Katana instead of shooting the two Saviors immediately; kid followed Carol into the jungle and almost got himself killed; Carl almost got himself killed trying to free walker souls; and Maggie brought the saviors inside the hilltop compound, secured only with rope.

Daryl’s plan is not going to work.

Rick’s plan is terrible but it will somehow work because the writers want it to.

The RPG launcher may figure in the resolution of this war. I wish it were otherwise but it feels like the writers are setting us up for another lucky win for Rick and the gang.

Despite the limited action and the large cast, it still felt like filler to me. War is hell and life in the zombie apocalypse is hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I gave tonight's episode a 6.

Too many dumb decisions by smart characters for me in this one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Had to give it a 2. In a season full of awful episodes this has got to be the worst one.

6. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

This was an extremely bad episode. You have your main character and the leader of the war against the saviors walk into a camp of an unhinged group alone. This group betrayed you and cost the lives of many people in your community. And you just walk up to them and say you want a deal? Then you proceed to ridiculously threaten to destroy them and hand over the biggest chip to your adversary, yourself.

This is one of worst things these writers have ever come up with as they put the pedal to the metal in this show's rapid decline. How sad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

This is a 9. We got back to some main characters we haven't seen since E1 and the variety of locations was very good. Nice to see Michonne and Rosita back in action and Carl getting involved with a new character. Carol was bitchin as usual and Rick's foray to the dump was interesting. Maggie's showing her leadership traits. Going to be a great finish to the first 1/2.

8. mmmbert

mmmbert Active Member

Too much of characters doing things that make absolutely no sense. Too many unlikely coincidences. I didn't really like any of it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Biffster

Biffster Well-Known Member

5 Not enough Judith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. TheSlayingTaco1

TheSlayingTaco1 Well-Known Member

I gave it a six.

The scene ending right when Tara logically asks Rosita and Michonne what they're even doing outside is like...even the writers pondering how to move everyone around and not being able to answer that question. All they needed to do was have Rick not return for one more episode then of course Michonne would go looking for him/want to fight back. Forget this "I need to see the sanctuary ruined" bullshit. And two injured people who are fully healed on the surface in 2 weeks but are still otherwise weak? What? If Michonne is still weakened, she should still have bruising! I don't see the point in remaining just somewhat consistent. Why can't Michonne still have some bruising makeup? Then again it took what 2-5 days for Carol to bounce back from 5 bullet wounds so.

Also the letters don't really make sense if episodes one to six only covered a day and a half but whatever. At least they're corresponding. Which is how they'll notice Rick is missing.

I did like Ezekiel and Carol's character motivations switching around, now he's the disillusioned one. Ezekiel suits Carol way better than Morgan because they have similar outlooks on survival (play whatever role gets you by). So I'm interested to see where they go, now that they've sort of revealed feelings for one another. This is the only ongoing story this season with any emotion or logic behind it.

I didn't feel anything for Eric's death but when Maggie said she knew the feeling I missed Glenn a LOT. We've barely seen any Maggie grief, just occasional forlorn looks into the distance. I don't mind the hostage saviors if there's interesting moral dilemmas amongst them. The Aiden guy seems like a good wildcard.

Glad Sasha's name was finally mentioned. And Lori continues to be a massive influence overall, her last words still informing Carl's outlook on life. I thought it was interesting he appears to (want to) follow her word more than his father's. What was that about Lori being a bad mother??

The season is okay, the plot is actually entirely logical, as usual it's just the execution from episode to episode. If they would stop prioritising hashtag moments like the dumbass truck crash and just focused on the connection the characters have, the story would tell itself.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

I noticed that too - Lori still has an influence on Carl. I never thought she was a bad mother. She had her weaknesses like everyone else, and I felt like her character was underrated because of society's tendency to pick & choose what they find morally repulsive (her relationship with Shane) and the tendency to be really critical toward mothers in general.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Spidey

Spidey Active Member

I gave it a 7. The scenes were interesting other than the garbage people, but the plot didn't advance enough.

I didn't understand this part. I don't remember anything about Lori's character that suggested she would side with Carl on how to treat Siddique, Based on her warming up to Shane's side of the debate (not talking about her relationship with shane, just her stance during the disagreements) MANY times when Rick was like "lets save them" and Shane was like "lets kill them", seems to me she would have been in favor of abandoning or shooting Siddique. Or at the very least, she'd have no opinion. but i see NOTHING to suggest she was all about helping people out. What am I missing here? Is Carl confused on who his mom was?

I never saw Lori as a moral compass type of person.

#12 Spidey, Nov 27, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  13. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

I gave it a 7. A lot of really good parts, some total garbage.

Carl and Siddiq was well written and acted. The idea of freeing the souls from the walkers was an interesting tale. Carl's mention of his mother as an influence to keep recruiting was a great touch. It was also fitting that Carl bring Siddiq in, as an adult might've been more hesitant during a time of war.

Carol and Ezekiel scenes were awesome. Some of the most believable character development of the season.

Maggie's decision regarding the prisoners and Gregory shows the independent leader she's become. It was great to see her be decent about their treatment, yet explain their fate to Jesus.

Michone- completely out of character. Selfish and non- tactical decision justified after the fact by "coincidentally finding Saviors at a crucial moment ". Matched only by the silly coincidence of Daryl arriving just in time. His character sucks, no need to drag her down with him.

Rick scene was total crap. Stupid, unnecessary risk, as they could've killed him before his crew can get there. For what? A slim chance the trash people will join him after their last betrayal? And naked Jadis? What the hell was the point of that grossness?

14. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

A shaky 7.

Slow.. but purposeful. This was definitely setting up for the next two episodes and I appreciate that!

Unfortunately, the bad decisions made by various characters were too egregious. The crux of Rick is that he is fantastic in everything he does, but I think his overall approach to re-recruiting the heapsters should have been different. AL's acting is fantastic as always, but watching Rick do fantastically dumb stuff can get old. To put it bluntly... Rick really did look dumb sitting there naked in a container. It was a real "what the hell have I done with my life" moment. As a proven leader he deserves better. His failures should occur more organically rather than him hurling himself into self-imposed problems. I really cant say I feel sorry for him.

Also, I don't quite umderstand Tara's logic. She concedes that Dwight was crucial in gaining strategic advantages in their fight against Negan, but wants to go on and abruptly kill Dwight at the Sanctuary, effectively eliminating their mole and putting herself in unnecessary danger. It reduces down to "let's go now to kill the guy that gives us intel even though we'll probably need more of said intel later"

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Zombiebaby

Zombiebaby Member

I gave it a 5, i found it a very disjointed episode and ended abruptly. I did enjoy the Carl scene, good acting from Chandler. The Michonne scene was too much of a coincidence "she's getting away" and up steps Daryl to ram the car of the road, how convenient. All in all, a filler episode

• Like Like x 1
  16. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

You have a point. I didn't like Lori because she was a bit of a shrew. I know the ZA was new and no one really understood what was going on, but she was always yayayaing at poor Rick. And she twisted Shane around like a washrag. One day it was "stay away from Carl" and literally the next day she was "why are you ignoring Carl? You are being cruel". Shane couldn't do anything right.

But it absolutely makes sense to me that he took her dying words as gospel. Couple that with the idealism of youth and Carl's actions make sense. It's interesting to watch him still carry that this far into the apocalypse.

17. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

I didn't either. But remember she had years and years with Carl that we didn't see. Maybe she was more open before the world died and her mother tiger instincts took over.

Also, her last words to Carl were about his always doing what's right. We're seeing him try to do that. He's trying to save another person.

It's really what Rick would have done before this war.

18. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Great episode for me. I liked everything except Rick apparently being stupid.

Since I don't know what The Plan is, I don't know how reckless it is for people to be wandering off to implement their own projects. Improvising can be an asset. I am enjoying not knowing.

I find some of the shoot-em-up scenes confusing, so this was a nice break for me.

Nine.

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. Smorbie

Smorbie New Member

Your winner tag is for the adorbs kitty pic

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. walkon

walkon Active Member

I hated this episode. I've never been able to warm uo to Ezekiel. He looks like a skidrow bum and he insults the intelligence of his people with his stupid charade. It wasn't bad enough that they paired my favorite charactor (Carol) up with whats-his-face from Alexandria. Now they gave her some cartoonish charactor with a cat. I haven't felt this bad since Glenn died.
    I showed tremendous restraint in giving it a four.

Drove me to finish off the other half of the last remaining pumpkin pie, it did.

• Funny Funny x 1