Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[808] Praise & Positvity

Discussion in 'Episode 808 - How It's Gotta Be' started by GrungeMan, Dec 7, 2017.

1. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Pour your love into this thread... Even though it's a midseason finale and well all know emotional devastation is on the horizon :(

• Like Like x 1
  2. batongal

batongal Active Member

Love goes to the angel wings vest, finally on Daryl's back and the way he grabbed that sucker off Dwight was hysterical.
    Michonne going all shogun on the Saviour.
    Rick seeing all the Alexandrians and his kids at the end of the tunnel. The relief before the storm.
    Dwight being part of the group....strange yet interesting.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Jag

Jag Well-Known Member

I liked Gavin. He still seems to be a reasonable guy. He doesn't like to do things "Negan's way"

• Like Like x 1
  4. JEA13

JEA13 Well-Known Member

Judith's line was very dramatic.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

The only good moments that stand out to me:

Carl talking to Negan. It was an awesome moment. I also liked Negan's line at the end.

This may seem dumb...

I liked Daryl holding Judith in the sewer. It's the first time he's held her since her first feeding and it was a somber moment because I assume he knew about Carl at that point. The best thing Daryl has done in two seasons.

• Like Like x 3
  6. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Chandler's performance was outstanding. When he said to Negan, "Was this the plan? Is this who you wanted to be?" I was like HELL yeah Carl. It may not have affected Negan for very long, but you could see in the look on his face that it took him aback. I am also happy that he said it in front of all the people who follow Negan. Yep that's right, a teenager just questioned who your precious leader is as a man. Whatcha think of that.

Michonne and Rick reuniting as she slashes up one of the Saviors. This was the first time they had seen each other after the war had started...I loved Michonne's exasperated sigh and how they acknowledged each other and got the hell out of there.

Maggie is just kicking ass. That's all.

I'm so happy Jerry lived!

Just when his people thought Ezekiel had given up on them, he saved them all and gave himself up. I also loved when the woman in the head scarf (sorry I forgot her name) grabbed the gun. Yes girl, get it.

Dwight turning on the saviors during crossfire with Daryl, Rosita, etc. Good job Dwight.

Daryl ripping his vest off Dwight...about time he got that thing back.

Hmm what else. Michonne & Rick making their way down the tunnel of people who could barely even raise their eyes to meet theirs. I had a feeling something had happened to Carl when it wasn't him holding Judith.

#6 Jen7, Dec 11, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  7. WrongAboutCarl

WrongAboutCarl Active Member

JDM’s acting was superb in the scenes with Carl and with Rick.

Ezekiel, Eugene, and Dwight all stepping up and handling business in their own ways was great to see.

The Maggie scenes were all outstanding.

Carl’s death was well planned. Lots of little clues since his fight with those walkers in the woods. At least he got to go out a hero. Bringing in Siddiq, arguing Negan’s position in front of the saviors, guaranteeing the Alexandrians survived the night.

• Like Like x 2
  8. fylimar

fylimar Active Member

I agree, he seems to be a bit more reasonable than the rest of Negans leutenants.

I was really impressed with Chandler again, that kid is really good. His scene with Negan and Carl questioning him in front of his people - easily my favorite scene in this episode. I'm sad to see that character go.

Ezekiel was great, I so hope, he will survive, after all, Morgan and Carol are still around to help.

Aaron and Enid had some great moments in the car. Shooting grandma wasn't the best move, but I guess, that was just panic. I hope, those two will survive too.

Eugene freeing Gabriel and the doctor. It doesn't make up for the rest, but at least it could be the beginning of him, overthinking his loyalities.

Michonne is always great.

Seeing after the initial shock of the saviors revenge, that not all is lost, like it looked in the first half of the episode. The Kingdom people getting away, Hilltop still relatively save and unharmed and Alexandria burning, but the people got away was a relief. Carls bite came as a shock, but at least, Negan didn't get him.

• Like Like x 1
  9. zombie_basher

zombie_basher Member

Okay I'm coming here late and everything but whatever. What I liked most about the episode was a feeling of stalemate, saviors seemingly pawning everyone and getting the upper hand against all communities simultaneously but at the same time they fight back and show defiance in unique fun ways.

Like the blacksmith dude getting killed and Maggie retaliating. Hilltop let off pretty easy. Kingdom is middle of the road quite a bit worse with Ezekiel captured and the place occupied but he managed to free his people. And I like the continuing theme of Alexandria just getting it the worst, its been that way since S7 premiere and reaches a climax here. Rick getting beat up pretty bad and managing to escape by the skin of his teeth and of course discovering dying Carl.

So the episode just ends in a great way with everyone in a stalemate and where the hell do we go from here? Even better than S7s midseason end imo

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I enjoyed the whole episode. The talk between Carl and Negan was probably my favorite scene though.

• Like Like x 1
  11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Finally brought myself to watch this episode a second time a couple days ago...

This was definitely the best episode of the first half. I probably would bump it down from my original 10 rating to a 9, but that's pretty decent considering I think the decision to kill Carl is unforgivable and the worst mistake the show has ever made.

I would say I am still salty, but I prefer Creole seasoning... So I am still Creole salty.. :p