Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[812] Complaints and Crapshoots.

Discussion in 'Episode 812 - The Key' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

yadda yadda zing.

2. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Not a lot to complain about this week for me. But, in the spirit of the thread, I'll list what I got;

C'mon Rick!! For the last 7.5 seasons, you've been able to nail headshots on walkers from a moving car at 100yds, but you empty a whole clip and miss Negan 20yds in front of you? Ugh.... if that's the best you can do writers, just don't give him a gun in those scenes.

It's a little ticky-tack, but hey, I would have liked to have seen that crash that resulted in Negan's car on it's side, and Rick's wrapped around a pole. How far did they go in the chase before the crash? (I guess not too far since D and Simon walked to it in relative short order).

But that's about all I got - Was a pretty darn good episode this week!

• Like Like x 2
  3. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

It bugged me that Rick was able to nail Negan in a long procession of cars, from an alley. That's perfect timing. LOL

4. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

Well, we ARE talking about Rick-freaking-Grimes here!! :D

• Like Like x 1
  5. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Not much to really complain about...

I remain optimistic that Carl's letters will become more relevant, but that hope is dwindling. Enid read hers in this episode (way off in the distance with Michonne), so I imagine that in time we'll see others read their letters or learn from conversation what Carl told them...

Idk.. One of my biggest gripes about the show now is the rather (imo) bland and underwhelming way characters reflect on the loss of other characters. Death is such an integral aspect of this show, so I just get tired of death being used in an egregiously shocking and hype way, but then the actual toll and influence that character's death has on others is treated subtly at best (if at all). It kind of takes out any seriousness there is about loss and grief and the relationships these characters build... Just amounts to superficial shock moments as opposed to integral to the story.

At least Carl's death seems to be having it's intended affect, so I can't be too salty there.

Anywho... enough on that.. It's just Glenn, Abraham, Sasha, and Carl were some of my favorite characters, so it's been more frustrating to watch the show recently and feel like they don't matter anymore (it was different in seasons 1-6 because none of my favorite characters died, so I was spoiled).

My only other complaint is that AMC doesn't really seem to care about how cheap it's getting.. That weird CGI driving scenery at the end with Jadis and Negan looked painfully fake. Skipping the car crash scene seemed more frugal than anything..

Also, Enid's logic is a little annoying, but she's young and upset, so it's not too bad.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kilkoyne

kilkoyne New Member

Not too much to complain about either. One of the better episodes in a long time.

Maggie has to tell us once again Jesus is out looking for supplies. Who cares?

I would think Negan would be in the middle of the motorcade instead at the end driving by himself. whatever

The saviors were just standing around in the alley nonchalant. They didn't seem at all concerned about a possible ambush or sniper attack from above. Should have sent a few members onto the roof tops.

Fight scene took too long. It just seemed like there was no way Negan wasn't going at that time.

Garbage pail girl would have needed perfect timing to pick up Negan.

#6 kilkoyne, Mar 19, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  7. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

That would be my only complaint. The strange way they use cgi for driving scenes. I imagine it has to do with them finding it easier to use cgi than to close a portion of a city to film it.

• Agree Agree x 1