Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[813] Don't go astray. RATE it!

Discussion in 'Episode 813 - Do Not Send Us Astray' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 25, 2018.

?

Rate it

1. 10

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  2. 9

7 vote(s)
    28.0%
  3. 8

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  4. 7

6 vote(s)
    24.0%
  5. 6

4 vote(s)
    16.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kind of went Astray

2 vote(s)
    8.0%
  8. 3

1 vote(s)
    4.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

Aw man I though tonight's episode was really good. I give it a solid 9. It actually took me back to the prison era just a bit with the community walkers attacking the sleeping folks. Morgan's cray-cray has reached a new level. Future mercenary for hire Henry tried to go Rambo and allows the prisoners to escape. It looked like our group was winning for a lot of the show but they took another big loss I think. But it could have been much worse had they not prepared like they did.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

@DragonCurse4's review in the Live Thread summed it up the best: "This episode was one half awesome, one half stupid."

#3 Rapscallion, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 25, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. blundig

blundig Member

Agree. By the way, when they caught the Saviors in the dark and out in the open there, would it have been possible to kill less of them?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cycles

cycles Member

9 based on the first half of the episode. Great build up to the action, great action and team Rick kicked some Savior butt. For a change, the good guys had a plan and they stuck to it.

The second half was OK. Probably a 7. I guess they needed the Hilltop to take some losses. We lost Tobin, a minor character, and a few redshirts.

Maggie was badass. She was the real leader in the episode.

#5 cycles, Mar 25, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  6. tink

tink Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8. Most of it was great but that kid just pissed me off. What were they doing leaving all the guns laying around with kids there??!! And why were the doors all open (so the walkers could get in) when they were under attack by the Saviors just hours previous? No one standing guard?

I know I have to suspend my disbelief but come on....

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Did Henry leave the door open when he snuck out? I was wondering too why it was left open. Those were probably my nitpicks with this episode as well... and why didn't anyone wake up with all that noise?!

Aside from that, i give it an 8.5. I loved the way the Hilltop orchestrated their fight...they all came together very well. It all went so fast, I will definitely be watching this one again just as I have been so far with this half of the season.

@GrungeMan what did you think of the nods to Glenn during this episode?

8. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

yeah, that was a weak concept in this episode. There should have been more people on guard after such an attack. I think their point was that people were on the walls, so they didn't need interior guards around the building. But that's a bit of a stretch. And they probably added the 'fresh air in the heat' thing with Rick and the windows to explain why doors would be left open. But that's again a stretch, and why have people sleeping so compactly in the main lobby, yet all the other, more secure, rooms have only one or two people each in them? Apparently no one was in Gregory's office.

In addition, a half hour passed between Tobin's attack on Kurt and his attack on Dana. And then enough time passed for Tobin's victims to reanimate and all walk to Barrington House together. So there must have been zero people paroling the interior.

Other than that, most of this episode was pretty solid. I give it an 8.6

9. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

Give episode a 6. If we didn't have to sit through all that horrible acting from that kid actor it would be a little higher.

They did the whole weapons being infected thing in the comics too but from what I remember (and it has been a few years now since I read that part of the comic) it made a lot more since in the graphic novel. From what I remember in the comics the Hilltop folk noticed that people were being infected from the weapons right away so they were aware of the potential danger right from the get go and didn't have the head scratching plot of everyone falling asleep letting their guard down so a zombie attack could then ensue.

From what I remember the big suspense after the battle in the comic was rather or not Rick was going to turn since he was one of the ones cut by one of the weapons (he didn't turn because Dwight made sure his weapon wasn't infected).

I guess the show didn't deem that as being a big enough of an action sequence.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I liked that Hilltop thought it was a successful rout when the Saviors left. Waiting for people to turn was chilling fun. But then it was annoying when no one woke up when the walkers were stomping around and growling and killing people and falling down stairs. That big scream that finally rent the night was fantastic!

Henry letting the prisoners out was exasperating plotting. I've tried to think of another way the gate could have been opened and I couldn't come up with anything any better, but that didn't make me any less annoyed.

There were lots of good small moments (such as the conversations between Tobin and Carol; between Tara and Daryl; the poor guy begging someone to put him down), but no big moments for me. Kind of an average episode for me. I probably would have liked it better if I could have seen the night scenes.

11. PFyongchang

PFyongchang New Member

It's on par with the last 5 episodes, which were not great. At least this one didn't get any worse then the mid-season finale, which was pure rubbish. This season has been far below expectations. How many more fights between Rick and Negan can we stand? Rick, the guy who bites though a dudes neck, somehow cannot beat Negan, come on. Now its the Dwight and Simon show. Dwight had the perfect opportunity to dispatch Simon and totally blew it. Magee and Daryl are the only persons with balls anymore. I'll be happy when this season is over so I can watch Fear.

12. PFyongchang

PFyongchang New Member

I'd agree with that, so basically average. This season lacks the punch the series used to have. Feels like someone is asleep at the wheel, Gimple.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

6 because of the stupidity of the plot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

There were some really stand-out moments and great dialogue, but this was all unfortunately overshadowed by a lot of the inorganic forcing of actions and stupid decisions...

I say this was probably around 6.5 - 7.5, so a 7.

15. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

This episode was so weird because I really enjoyed a lot of the dialogue and how these characters reflected on their pasts, particularly Daryl and Tara, but then there was just too.. much... stupidity...

Maggie was definitely great in this episode! I felt like she got a lot of great character development regarding her strength as a leader, but we also got to see how she is somewhat uneasy about the motivations guiding her decisions and that struggle between wanting revenge, but also not being selfish.

16. DarylIsHott

DarylIsHott Member

I gave it a 10, loved the episode. But I still don`t understand how no one heard that walker fall down the stairs.

• Funny Funny x 1