Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[814] Still Gotta RATE Something

Discussion in 'Episode 814 - Still Gotta Mean Something' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 31, 2018.

?

Rate the Bloke

1. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Gotta love this episode

5 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. 8

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  4. 7

6 vote(s)
    30.0%
  5. 6

2 vote(s)
    10.0%
  6. 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Still Gotta Poop

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 3

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Oops, no longer Gotta Poop

1 vote(s)
    5.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

2. cycles

cycles Member

7 for me. It was something of a filler episode with very little tension building.

Who are the good guys again? Rick and Morgan double crossed the escapees. Negan and Jadis stuck to their agreement.

The episode was disjointed. Everybody on team Rick was doing their own thing again. Nothing illustrated it more than Rick heading out on his own to get captured and escape - again.

It was a nice moment when Henry came back to Ezekiel.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Weallgotit

Weallgotit Well-Known Member

I give the episode a 7 also. I think there were a lot of call backs to scenes of past episodes tonight. Like Carol finding Henry and Morgan telling Henry to never be sorry. I am glad they did not stretch the search for Henry out several episodes. The scenes with Jadis and Negan were kinda twisted. Jadis seems to have been hoping for that helicopter to return hoping they would pick her up. But how did Negan get the gun, the photos and the flare?

Anyway, the Rick and Michonne scenes were pretty deep. It was nice to hear them say the L word to each other. And like most I'm glad Jared was eaten alive.

#3 Weallgotit, Apr 2, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2018
  4. tink

tink Well-Known Member

Weird, to me this episode was a 9. I like the focus to be more on the characters instead of just mindless killing (yes, I'm looking at YOU, Rick). Enjoyed the Jadin/Negan scenes, Really liked the Carol stuff. Rick I could have done without, I hate that Rick. Still, a solid 9 for me.

I didn't even mind the kid not dying!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Suzanne

Suzanne New Member

loved it... Rick is lying, what next? Think Negan picked up girl with bar code tattoo and she will tell Negan all about Dwight helping Rick.

6. Lori Grimes

Lori Grimes Active Member

love love love love love the contrast of Negan gaining a heart and Rick losing his.

took off some points for another round of Morgan's BS.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Solid 8 for me.

I enjoy the episodes that are character driven.

And this Rick that everyone is moaning about. I don't get it, the moaning that is. He is still Rick. Rick has always had the good vs bad/right vs wrong internal battle - Except now he has the added burden of his son's dying wish that he (Rick) make a definitive choice to the good. Give the guy a break. He is propelled by the hate he has for Negan. Negan who murdered two members of his family while he was forced to watch, Negan who has terrorized communities....he hates the man and that is a very strong, dark emotion. Add to those emotions he is still reeling (just a day or two) from the death of his son, that one person who was his reason for forging ahead when he woke up in that hospital and realized the world had gone to shit. And now that same person, his son....has left him with his death bed wish that he (Rick) lay down his weapon and work toward peace. THAT is a lot to ask of someone who has been in constant fight mode for 2 years. That is A LOT to ask of someone who is struggling to find reason to live. That is not something that can be turned off at the flip of the switch. Give the character time to process ALL of the emotions that are circling and twisting within.

Rant over - and yes, I am very protective of Rick LMAO!

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

9. Possibly 9.5.

What a great episode. I do not know how they did it, but not a single character did anything overly annoying or uncharacteristically. The dialogue was great, the emotional impacts hit every note, and it really felt like the episode as a whole delivered on intensity as opposed to just the closing moments like most other episodes. I absolutely loved the pacing and felt like the various stories (no matter how short) were engaging. Really excited for the last two episodes!

On the other hand, I am growing tired of certain Morgan/Carol exchanges despite their fantastic acting and touching dialogue... It's not that it's bad... It's just recycled one too many times. Morgan's exchanges are sometimes too cryptic and nonsensical. Not sure how much of that is purposeful (he ain't right, you know?), but I get real tired of the "you were supposed to" and "you know what it is"... It's getting old. Just because Morgan is losing it, doesn't mean he needs to be given really repetitive lines haha

Actually, I feel like Morgan will really be the litmus test for evaluating the quality of writing between the two shows.

9. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Make sure that you perform this test between the new showrunners of Fear and the new showrunner of TWD - apples to apples kind of thing

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes, to all of this.

And sorry to be a sappy female, but can we talk about the Rick & Michonne moment? She has been so perfect through all of this - you can tell it hurts when he walks by her stoically and resists his emotions but she seems to always know when to go to him and when to walk away. I was happy she got some love from him because she is grieving too.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Yep! There is still a point to be made about how pre-season 9 staff handled Morgan vs. Fear season 4 staff, but I see what you mean. I wonder if Morgan will come back for Season 9 though...

My intuition is that Fear S4 Morgan will have much better dialogue than TWD S7/8 Morgan, but it really will come down to his dialogue in S9 of the main show.

12. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

I got all choked up with the "I love you" exchanges. That was the first time we have heard them speak those words to one another, yes?

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

Yes it was! I realized that when they said it...it was always implied, but it's the first we heard.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Well I was speaking more of the general writing between both shows, not specifically Morgan. I do not think that Morgan will be returning to TWD but that is just my take...hoping I am proven wrong

15. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Ohhhh I see what you mean!

I am cautiously optimistic that Angela Kang is really going to want to leave a great impression as showrunner and do well, BUT then I remember she was partially responsible for the walker falling down the stairs at the Hilltop sleepover last week haha

16. Toothpick

Toothpick Well-Known Member

very slow ep on some parts. but not 100% tedious
    glad that Tara is OK and I worry for Darryl being at the sanctuary with rosita everyone who goes there with her ends up dead or a hostage

17. Penumbra

Penumbra New Member

For me, this was possibly the best episode of the season. It felt a little more like how TWD used to feel - a bit more 'human'. It was engaging (mostly), had a more character-driven element and left you with a number of questions at the end that you actually yearn for the answers to.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

There weren't at the Sanctuary they were at the Machine Shop where the bullets are being crafted.
    Rosita knows where it is from when she made Eugene make the single bullet for her to shoot Lucille with.

Now they are there planning to kill the Bullet Maker.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Or capture the Bullet Maker?

20. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

Tomato, tomatoe,know what I mean?