Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

[916] Rate It, You TWD Meteorologists.

Discussion in 'Episode 916 - The Storm' started by Neuropyramidal, Mar 30, 2019.

?

Rate It.

1. The Perfect Storm

2 vote(s)
    6.9%
  2. 9

9 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. Mostly Sunny With a Light Breeze

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. 7

5 vote(s)
    17.2%
  5. Partly Cloudy With a 40% Chance of an In-Law Visitation.

4 vote(s)
    13.8%
  6. 5

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  7. Ball Sack Sized Hail With Icy Road Conditions

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  8. Severe Drought Leading to World Wide Potato Famine.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Global Stink Bug Uprising

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  10. Toad Zombie Apocalypse, and also every gas station on earth is out of Fanta.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. SStark

SStark Active Member

Gave it a 9. Obviously wasn't going to be action packed after what just happened in 9x15, but Kang and the writers this season have done a phenomenal job in making the storybuilding episodes like this one great as well.

What a season. Beyond excited for 10.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. VenomGA

VenomGA Well-Known Member

6 only for the snow walkers, otherwise, much lower.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8.

It was worth it to see Ezekiel's dream crumble and his marriage to Carol end, and to finally see snow in TWD universe.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I gave it an 8.7. It was good to have an extra episode to decompress after the pikes, and I think the made the right decision by not adding any further significant deaths. It also served to develop a few characters and their relationships, and a likely new remix of where people are going to be living going forward. They showed the Kingdom as being pretty crumbled, especially in the last shot, where you could see roofs in various states of collapse. I think we are meant to believe this might be the end of Kingdom, at least for quite a while.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Gave it a 2. One of the worst episodes for me - and I'm thinking of the 9 seasons. Who were they kidding with that shitty snowstorm??? The stage was worse than some kids shows. Why were some zombies frozen to the point of shattering when they were hit (yeah right, that winter was pissing nitrogen), and others were energic enough to attack the group? Why were some zombies covered in snow up to the shoulders (??) while there wasn't two inches of snow anywhere they walked?

What the **** was that scene with Negan "saving" Judith? The kid gets away in a snowstrom (oh the big ****ing threat), and nobody other than Negan has the balls to go get her??? Michonne thanks him, but she should burn alive all the others for doing less for her girl than the psychopath who they just chose not to tie up and let go around unarmed people.

Oh and while that storm was threatening everybody's life (mouhahahah), not a single of them thought useful to simply zip up their coats... brain freeze probably...

That was some dumb shit. As bad as the storm in FTWD.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. SStark

SStark Active Member

Others broke away from the group and went to try to find her as well. You can hear Aaron and another female voice yelling for her, but the story focused on Negan breaking the rules, getting away from the group, and being the one to find her.

• Like Like x 1
  8. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

Yeah, heard that, but when the kid gets away, Negan goes after her and everybody else holds on to that rope like they were in a remake of The Thing.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. SStark

SStark Active Member

Oh I agree, there was a bunch of cowards in that bunch. Glad they at least made it obvious that Aaron ran out after her. He's one of the few characters of that bunch that I just couldn't picture letting a little girl run off like that, and thankfully, they made it clear he went out at the very least.

• Like Like x 2
  10. calliope

calliope Active Member

I liked the episode quite a bit. One of my few issues was the Judith running away scene, with Negan rushing out to rescue her. They were in the relatively small area of the ASZ, not the plains of North Dakota. I get the whiteout conditions, but I think it wasn't quite as hazardous as we were supposed to believe.

Still, I give it a 9. It's good to see the characters react to the tragedy that has befallen them in a credible way.

11. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Nine for me.

Re Judith, I think she was too young to understand that letting go of the rope is the way to die.

Anyone who read the Little House on the Prairie series remembers Pa set up a rope just to safely get back from the barn on property he knew like the back of his hand. And he still almost died once. School children would be sent home immediately if the weather threatened blizzard because children risked dying otherwise. They didn't have the hardscape landmarks we have now.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Chr1s

Chr1s Well-Known Member

6. Felt more like a really long post credit scene than an actual episode.

There were some cool moments and interesting visuals, but overall it was just 60 minutes of them getting to the Hilltop. And some confusing time lines. The very end of the episode seemed like it was the following spring, so we got a time jump of a few months, at least. Plus Rosita went from flat belly in 915 to clearly showing during the storm.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. tink

tink Well-Known Member

7. I found it a little dull to be honest. And the frozen walkers was just moronic. A person who freezes to death (or a walker who freezes solid), doesn't shatter like ice when you hit them. When Daryl broke that walker's head it was just ridiculous.

I also suspect that the whole Carol leaving the King thing is about Carol/Daryl shippers, and that is a GIANT hard pass for me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

9 for me

In a television series where we have been conditioned to fully expect a death or two not to mention a cliffhanger of sorts I was surprised by the direction of this episode. I needed to steady my footing so to speak.

Angela Kang chose to do the ol switcheroo on us and have gut/heart wrenching episode for 15. What she gave us in the finale was an episode that was filled with some of our family dealing with their individual losses, their collective losses and the sadness and despair those losses have burdened them with

I liked this episode when I watched it the first go round. Upon 2nd watch I was able to let go of my learned TWD behavior of what season finales have been historically and embrace what I deem to be a beautiful episode.

2nd watch and my like blossomed into love :D

#14 Dnae, Apr 1, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

8. The ending radio transmission scene needs to be a little bit more.

Needs to think some issues through. Regarding the timeline, it seems that Ezekiel said to Carol that it had been a few hard months since Henry's death. So, I imagine the snow flakes at the piking site were just the first ones, indicating a coming winter. So, from the head pikings to the snow storm, 2-3 months had been passed. I bet, during this period of time, the Whisperers went south to avoid the winter, explaining why Beta whipping Alpha scene having zero snow and all green trees. This also explains why the group was not spotted by the Whisperers when crossing the border.
    But, many of them (eg Negan, Lydia) did not zip up their jacket/overcoat in that weather condition is puzzling.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

Yeah for me, I really loved the feeling of loss that was laced throughout this episode. I thought the whole thing was beautifully done. Visually and emotionally.

• Agree Agree x 3
  17. Dnae

Dnae Well-Known Member

Yep, everyone has brought their A game to this season. From the behind the scenes crew, the writers, directors and actors

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. 92Pony

92Pony Active Member

I gave it a 4.4 (so as to avoid any temptation to round up to a 5).

For a season finale, to me, there just wasn't much there. Last week felt more like what I expect out of a finale.......

• Funny Funny x 1
  19. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

Aaron was with Michonne, I'm not sure who else ran out with Negan to get Judith though. I thought I heard Siddiq and a female voice.

Also, I wouldn't say they were cowards. About a third or fourth of Alexandria was with them and not every single person needs to abandon ship to get Judith. Logistically, why would so many people need to get her? What probably happened off screen was Gabriel decided to lead the rope crew to Aaron's house while 2-3 people decided to get Judith. Which seems like a decent call to make given the circumstances.

• Like Like x 2
  20. GrungeMan

GrungeMan Active Member

I'm actually not as bothered by Judith's ridiculous decision to save Dog.

For one, she's a kid. Also, I think she was less concerned about Dog out in the cold and maybe more concerened about the flying debris or simply just guilty about not keeping her word to Daryl, who she admires.

Siddiq told her to stay away from the window possibly because of the debris.

A potential quick fix could have Judith stating she's worried about Dog being out in these winds... Which would have made her motivations a little more clearer and her decision seemingly less stupid.

She was essentially doing for Dog (who actually was in some legitimate danger of getting smacked by something) what Negan did for her. Except Negan got whacked pretty bad himself. Haha

• Like Like x 1