Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Advanced Warfare Multiplayer A faster, higher Black Ops 2? I'm not even mad.

Discussion in 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' started by Futurelly, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Futurelly

Futurelly Well-Known Member

Honestly, if you haven't played Titanfall or any other FPS with a lot of verticality, then you might not like the amount of verticality in this game. Also, if you didn't like Black Ops 2, you might not like it.

Advance Warfare was hitting all the right moves. Hardpoint, Pick 13, the speed; I was blown away. Definitely picking up either the Digital Pro edition, or the Atlas Pro.

2. Ging2487

Ging2487 Member

Up until the reveal I thought the MP would be a hybrid of Black Ops 2 and Titanfall. Really happy I'm right (from what I've seen).

3. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

Did you play it?

4. PSIII

PSIII The Real West Don. (Super Moderator)
    Staff Member

Read the list of additions. I'm disappointed at how thoroughly they copied BO2. There's not much they changed up or even updated it seems apart from more points to use and some new extra CaC items and the suit abilities. Especially the perks. I was hoping they would be a separate class alongside regular perks, but they just renamed it to exo and did the old tier system and no Pro variations. And the attachments... Again a million of them with effects better used as perks themselves.

The weapons look alright, hopefully there's a good amount of them for each class. They took the Ghosts (and BO2) route with the having some special attribute to them. Hope they don't give them shitty damage profiles.

It's basically BO2.5 with jumps from what I'm seeing. Hope the maps don't suck.

*Edit*

Attachments: Target Enhancer, Tracker

****!

#4 PSIII, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2014
  5. Futurelly

Cold blooded is back, so that takes care of Target Enhancer. And Tracker is pretty much what Recon does, except as an attachment and any sort of damage to the enemy will make them show on the minimap. Also, it doesn't increase accuracy or any sort, well, it doesn't show in the stats at least. Titanfall pretty much is the game that conditioned me for insane amount of verticality, so getting used to the jumping and speed shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: Also Low Profile hides you from Tracking rounds, so I'm assuming that's the counter to Tracker.

The maps, too. I don't know if you played Titanfall, but the maps in it literally tell you to double jump, or wall run. It's best not to avoid doing it. When I first played Titanfall, I was playing it like it was Call of Duty... that did not work so well, so I had to adapt. So, seeing the verticality combined with the maps in Advance Warfare doesn't really upset me.

Edit 2: Oops, Laser sight is back.

#5 Futurelly, Aug 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2014
  6. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

I really think this game looks good. I'm really glad that Sledgehammer took the time to ask real people and real gamers for advice about heir game.

I don't know how I feel about all the jumping and dashing, but I am having an open mind about it. Hopefully it will be a refreshing take on the franchise.

Anyone know if its coming out on the older gens? Haven't been able to set aside money for an XboxOne. I doubt I will ever have it until I'm outta college.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Futurelly

It's coming to last gen, too. I think a different studio is making it though.

8. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Ok thanks. Maybe I can scrap up enough money to buy an XboxOne by the release. If it would go down to $300, I would.

9. Fragtastic

Fragtastic New Member

Christmas present?

10. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Maybe. Doubt it though.

Back to topic, I think the gameplays that people have posted look better than the actual trailer.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Futurelly

Sulq

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Mr.TonyStark

Mr.TonyStark Active Member

I'm glad they brought back the old perk system! The system in Ghosts is one of the main reasons it's the worst COD if you ask me

YOU GOTTA BE ****ING KIDDING ME! I HATE THAT KILLSTREAK SO ****ING MUCH!

• Like Like x 1
  13. Futurelly

Lol, I mean, it was the only counter against Ghost. Orbital did have its counters as well: EMP, EMP Grenade, Counter UAV. I don't even think Blind Eye even hides you from it in this game. Let me check... Nope. Blind Eye says "Undetectable by tracking drones, explosive drones and all Scorestreaks except the UAV."

Low Profile hides your from UAV, so there's the counter to it.

14. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I haven't seen any actual gameplay videos of CoD:AW's MP yet, but from what I've read in this thread alone, all I can say is...BRING IT ON!!

15. Futurelly

I hope it doesn't disappoint you. It's next gen Black Ops 2, something I've been dreaming of.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Wartyger

Wartyger Moderator
    Staff Member

I've just finished watching some of the MP videos for CoD:AW. Wow. I really, really like what I'm seeing. Disappoint me? Hell no!! I'm no longer concerned about the double jumping/boosting. I don't think it's going to be a problem at all. The Youtubers I watched we're all saying the same thing more or less. Pretty much everything has a nice balance to it, so they don't think certain items will be overused, or a certain play style will be more dominant over others. I get the feeling people will call it CoD: Advanced BO2, or CoD:BO2.5, but I'm cool with that. I couldn't have asked for a more promising CoD game. CoD:AW looks freaking awesome to me.

IT'S TIME TO GO GET SOME!! Well, soon...

17. Sulq

Sulq Super Moderator
    Staff Member

So glad to have the orbital back! <3

• Like Like x 1
  18. Desolationz

Desolationz Well-Known Member

I am so glad Sledgehamer Games were inspired by BO2 as opposed to Ghosts then again it was quite obvious which one was the better COD to improve on.

It looks like BO2 on steroids, they have brought all the right things back and made it better. Pick 13, Hardpoint, War, Uplink, things that affect the weapon are now back as attachments instead of having a ridiculous amount of perks etc, I'm stoked.

The added verticality is something I've always wanted when playing older COD's and now it's finally here. Something tells me this is going to be a good COD, definitely better than Ghosts. I have to pre order a day zero edition immediately.

I hope IW now realise how to make a good COD after AW and BO3, they don't seem to listen to the community well enough but Treyarch and SH Games clearly do.

19. Futurelly

I think the pressure is on Treyarch now. I doubt they'll release Black Ops 3 to be the same as Black Ops 2 or even Advance Warfare. I speculate they will bring back the classic World War shooter everyone wants.

20. Strange Koolaid

Strange Koolaid Well-Known Member

I like this nutshell you've made. I approve and I'm sold.