Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

"A Larger World" release date & cover

Discussion in 'Volume 16: A Larger World' started by fatbrett2, Jan 16, 2012.

1. fatbrett2

fatbrett2 Member

From the Image Comics website:

[​IMG]

#1 fatbrett2, Jan 16, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2012
  2. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Cool,

I was just talking to Charlie Adlard's art dealer about issue 93. The art is in but he has to wait on the issue to be released before he can sell/show any of it. I'm personally gearing up for some art from the 100th issue :zombies_cool: In the mean time I'm picking up some pages from misc issues.

Anyhow, I'm still waiting on TWD TB volume 11. It's sold out in my area and Amazon just cancled my order for it :shining: So I'm working on picking up a copy on ebay :fingers crossed:

3. marsyao

marsyao Member

4. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

5. marsyao

marsyao Member

The issue is whether this is a right move if these bigger group do exist and their intention uncertain? Rick in the prison probably would not do that, it is more like what the governor would do. do not forget that governor was a nice guy before he became the governor.

#5 marsyao, Jan 23, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012
  6. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

You don't know if their up to know good or if Paul is even legit, so it's a tough decision for sure.

7. marsyao

marsyao Member

Yeah, Just like Andrea said what if they are real and what they want is indeed just for trade? What Rick did could piss these groups up, in the world Rick live, what he did would be same as some country arrest US ambassador ( a group of more than 200 people plus allies from other smaller groups !) for no reason, and of course there would be consequence. Rick in the prison would not do that before he had some evidence that Paul and his men had bad intention.

8. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

The prison scene heavily impacted the original group as well as the incident that effected Abraham and his group. So it's easy to see how the group feels and is responding to Paul. I would think however that if Paul is right about 200 survivors, then his intent is also good. I just don't see a band of thieves and murders sending out one man to truck a group when they clearly have the numbers to over run Rick's small group.

9. marsyao

marsyao Member

In the prison, when Michonne showed up the first time, what Rick asked her to do was to hand over her weapon and stay in a locked prison cell at the night before she gained trust from the group, those requests were indeed the reasonable, Of course what happened later changed what Rick thought of the other people, governor, highway Marauders, the hunters, only names a few. So what he did to Paul was understandable, but still it was not a right move, they could politely invite him back to their community for a dinner and a chat, 3 armed persons vs an unarmed man, even the late was excellent in close combat, I do not see there would be any problem, and when they back to their community, they would have enough time to feel him out, and if they found out he was actually a dangerous murderer, they could kill him there. Rick simply turned to violence too soon, what if Paul has a backup in lookout some way back? Thing could turns ugly from there.
    Another thing bother me is that what Rick does here is very similar with What the governor did to them, do not give a damn to anyone who are not a member of his own group, and turns to violence without any provocation

10. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

That's a possibility, Rick can and has turn primal in order to save himself and Carl...well Abraham as well. It just seems to me you do that enough, you could cross a line between human and primal and never turn back. Hopefully that doesn't happen and Paul is legit...as well as understanding. My question thinking about it is this, what does a small group like Rick's have that a group of 200 people would need? A group that large should be self sufficient of sorts.

11. marsyao

marsyao Member

According to Paul, they need ammunition. About governor, before he arrived Woodbury, he was actually a decent guy, sometimes the line between "being a victim" to "I am tiring to be a victim, from now on I will do whatever take to defend myself" to "To defend myself, I would take whatever I need and kill anyone in my way", governor at least was following that path

12. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Thanks, I have all the trades except volume 11, so I haven't read past volume 10...some where in the 50's? I ordered volume 11 on Amazon and ended up having the order canceled. So now I'm waiting on ebay, fingers-crossed it comes in the next day or two.

I just realized, all my LCS shops closed! So I'm not sure how I would go about obtaining a copy of 93...maybe a local book store hum.

#12 SVTRay, Jan 24, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  13. marsyao

marsyao Member

About the governor's past, it was covered in the novel "The walking dead: the rising of the governor", not in the comic. Can you imagine the first time governor was confronted with a walker, he tried to reason with it and to persuade it with benefit of living peacefully together? He owned his survive to his kid brother who was a really tough guy.

14. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Ya, I know, I was referring to Paul Monroe. I haven't read anything past something like issue 60 because I didn't want to skip the issues contained in TPB volume 11.

15. marsyao

marsyao Member

16. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

Paul Monroe first appears in issue 92 page one. The first appearance shows him spying on the group and you don't see him again until about half way through the issue. Then he is all over the place. Issue 93 picks up with Rick and Paul talking which quickly turns into a fight between the two.

First 9 pages of Issue 92: http://comics.ign.com/articles/121/1214476p1.html

17. marsyao

marsyao Member

No, it was on the last page of the issue 91

18. marsyao

marsyao Member

Interestingly, when Paul first appeared, he shouldered an assault rifle, but when he come out to talk, that rifle was no longer with him.

19. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

All I'm reading is TPBs and they haven't released one for him yet.

edited: Okay, you're right. I found the second to the to last OA page for issue 91 which aligns with Paul's 1st appearance page.

[​IMG]

#19 SVTRay, Jan 25, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2012
  20. SVTRay

SVTRay Active Member

I picked up 93 today but I'm still waiting on TPB 11 before I can resume reading TWD.