Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Aaron and Maggie's escape plan

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by Zombie_Rhino, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I was a little confused by the whole plan that Maggie and Aaron had put together in order to leave the premises of Alexandria in order to look for Glenn. I know there seemed to be a good amount of walkers at the wall, but I assume that Alexandria is a pretty decently sized place with walls that go all the way around. Are we led to believe that every part of the wall has walkers at it? Why would they spread out like that and go all the way around the entire place? I would think that they would all huddle around one section - most likely being drawn to some noise such as Rick shouting that everyone has to keep their voices down, Denise bumping uglies with Tara, or Olivia munching on some potato chips. This should leave plenty of places for someone to climb down those beams and get out of Alexandria if needed.

2. Zombie_Rhino

anyone? no? i guess i am just to assume that the walkers spread out evenly around the entire perimeter of Alexandria then? fine... i guess that's how it has to be.

3. Watching Dead

Watching Dead Member

LOL this struck me too. Rick "YOU HERE THOSE WALKERS OVER THERE!!!! THEY WON'T GET US IF WE JUST STAY QUIET!!!!!"

4. Adam Poole

Adam Poole Member

I wouldn't necessarily think they'd totally surround the city either but I think there were two main reasons for Aaron's suggestion to use the sewer. 1) no risk of injuring yourself climbing down the wall and 2) you are protected for some distance away from the city before you have to step out and face any walkers. By taking the sewer they were able to safely determine that the horde apparently went a fair distance out away from Alexandria and that it wasn't feasible to attempt to search for Glenn. Had Maggie gone over the wall she wouldn't have made this determination until she was already trapped out there.

5. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

Aaron did say to Maggie that there was a decent chance she would sprain an ankle jumping from the wall.

As to the yelling, I assume the director told the cast they could talk normally/loudly because lots of walker growls would be added in post-production.

6. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What really bothered me about Maggie's whole plan was in the beginning when Aaron found her making her rebar things. She was doing so *right out in the park!!* This seemed to be advertising her plan to anyone walking by, as if she was subconsciously asking someone to find out and either stop/help her. Note to Maggie: the next time you want to "secretly" escape? Do your preparation in private.

7. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

Tying flashlights to rebar wouldn't necessarily have made me think she was going over the wall. I might think various plans were being formulated to entice walkers away from the gate section so the MIA people could have an easier shot at getting in. TBH, if Aaron hadn't explained what she was doing, I don't know that I would have any clue at all what she was doing. Making a mobile.

8. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Thanks, you're right. It's not like she was putting on a rock climbing belt and walking around with a bunch of rope, for all anyone knew she could have been working on defenses for Alexandria. Only Aaron's knowledge made him put 2 and 2 together.

9. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Perhaps it simply wasn't meant to be a secret in the first place. In my mind, she was going no matter what.

10. Al Davis is back

I thought the whole idea was short sighted. Why couldn't some of their group lead the rest of the herd away once they got out of the sewer? Eventually the MIAs are going to return. I think they left walkers by the doors that could eventually clog a potential escape route or if the gate breaks, let a horde in.

11. Zombie_Rhino

I do remember him saying something like that, but Enid jumps over the wall all the time and she's fine. Even Carl followed her that once and he was ok too. If kids can do it, I'm sure Maggie would be just fine.