Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Abraham's New Uniform

Discussion in 'Episode 606 - Always Accountable' started by M3O, Nov 16, 2015.

1. M3O

M3O Member

I think it was adorable how he put on the uniform but took off the decorations, like he knew not to wear what he hadn't yet earned. But, I know nothing about that stuff, so I could be wrong. What'd yall think of it? "Character development"?

2. MissingHeschel

I thought the very same thing. I have a lot of military family, going back forever, so I was proud that they got it right.

(Much better than Denise's medical "aha" derp. Lol)

3. Rocky

Rocky Member

I've always seen Abe as a stand up, rough diamond type of guy who no doubt had his faults but was honest to the core.

Him removing the decorations from the uniform just confirms this for me, good writing I think and it gave the character more depth.

4. Suiseiseki

Suiseiseki Member

This episode was great for Abraham's development. I really enjoyed seeing him interact with Sasha and noticed this detail too. Kudos to him!

5. batongal

batongal Active Member

Great everyone is adoring Abe. Move over Daryl Dixon!

6. Blueman

Blueman Well-Known Member

A question regarding removing decorations from the uniform.

Abraham Ford is an US Army Sergeant. He is in his late 40's. So, I assume he has been with the Army for quite some years. It is highly unlikely he had received no decoration at all along his career. He should have earned some along the way.

So, is it a honourable if he did not remove all but keep some decorations (ie those which he had actually earned on his own) on that uniform?

7. Rocky

Rocky Member

I can't speak for the US Military but it would be acceptable in the UK as long as he didn't try to deceive or overstate his achievements, that would be a big no no.

8. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yeah that was a nice touche! One could see how he looked at it with a bit of respect too.

9. jujulita

jujulita Member

I'm happy someone's got new clothes.
    I'm afraid he's going to be a bit hot on those, though. They looked wintery lol

10. DarylFTW

DarylFTW Member

I agree. I gave Abe alot of respect for taking off the medals on the jacket. Then something occurred to me while reading these comments.
    -- Were the medals actually there or did Abe imagine them? Personally I do think that they were there.
    -- Maybe he put the medals in the pockets and will "reward" himself when he does something good. Or perhaps reward others?

#10 DarylFTW, Nov 18, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2015
  11. Empress

Empress New Member

I've been stressing this to the people I watch the show with-- Abe is a babe. But, i have stocky built type.

12. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Despite the fact Micheal Cudlitz is 49. Abraham could very well be late thirties.

13. drifter77

drifter77 Member

Also, I'm forgetting some details from his introduction. Was he still active in the Army when the ZA kicked off? Could be he's been out for a bit. That fu manchu mustache certainly isn't in regs. I know he was driving an Army 7-ton when we first see him, but he could have picked that up along the way. Did he have it in the flashback scene when he was about to "opt-out" and then Eugene came running in like a little bitch?

Also, the Army plays fast and loose with "sergeant". It's often used to refer to any manner of sergeant, which could be up to E-8 (pretty high-ranking).

#13 drifter77, Nov 18, 2015
  14. DeadReckoning

DeadReckoning Member

Honestly, i have no frickin idea what e-8 means. The only thing i know is that Mike C doesn't look a year older than Andy L. Despite the 7-year real life differnece.

15. Lawman

Lawman Member

Thank you for the rank, I could not remember his rank. When I saw him in the uniform I was surprised he wore some of the insignia for an officer when I thought he was an NCO [non-commissioned officer]. However, in the post-z world it does not make a big difference. If I saw him coming I would at least recognize military training (assuming the person wearing the uniform had been in the military). I think it shows he is connecting with his past thoughts, and maybe is coming around to a more supportive leadership role.

16. Terminator

Terminator Well-Known Member

Why would he imagine them? I think the writers have more in their plot than having Abraham start hallucinating.

17. Blueman

''Mid to late 40's'' is Abraham age, according to the Walking Dead wiki.

18. Jama

Jama Well-Known Member

OMG... I feel like I just discovered the cure for every form of cancer. AIDS too.... Hot Damn!!! Extracting pus is serious business.... Hot Damn!!!

Barf!

19. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

I saw something a touch more dark and foreboding with this. Aging military men have been known to don their old dress uniform and contemplate/commit suicide. Not saying Abe is feeling like opting out, but could be a dark foreshadow of potential danger for our Abraham...

20. Blueman

I think Abe is feeling quite good at the moment. After his talk with Sasha the night before, he took the uniform on the next day. 2 things indicate his feeling good. 1 is he did not insist on killing the impaled soldier. 2 is when he looked at the rear view mirror, he smiled.

I am going to make a (possibly unlikely) speculation: Comics Negan is supposed to be an used car salesman. And the owner of this uniform is a car insurance agent. Could they know each other? If so, then 2 possibilities:-
    a. they were friends
    Negan will recognize his friend's uniform being 'stolen' by this red-head and gets furious

b. they were not friends (this car insurance agent had been refusing to sell insurance to cars sold by Negan as the cars had quality problems)
    So, when Negan recognized this red-head wearing his foe's uniform, he gets angry.

Either way, it means bad news for Abe.

When Abe dies, I like to see him in the uniform, dying a soldier death. Once a solder, always a soldier.

#20 Blueman, Nov 18, 2015