Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Aidan and his ignorant followers

Discussion in 'Episode 512 - Remember' started by DeadDimplez23, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Sharpie61

Sharpie61 Well-Known Member

So he would be early 20s.

2. OaklandBorn

OaklandBorn Member

i got the comics reference LOL

3. bula412

bula412 Well-Known Member

that's what I was thinking

4. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

At my local high school we have Junior ROTC, or JROTC. It's a Navy town.

Aiden took a swing at Glenn. He's dead to me.

5. lovethishow

lovethishow Member

I think you hit the nail on the head with this one.

He most certainly is not going on runs and somewhat protecting the community out of selflessness... its because he gets to bring people with him, boss him around, and parade around like a hero for bringing everyone supplies.

6. sam12six

sam12six Member

Carol hasn't done anything bad. Sure, if you don't think about it you could say killing the sick people at the prison was bad, but...

Those people weren't just sick and almost certainly going to die. They were sick and almost certainly going to spread the infection to the rest of the group. The only thing anyone in the current group has done that you could really call evil was Rick's decision to turn Michonne over to appease the governor and, like I said, he's mentally unstable and gets a pass (well, OK, Abe beating the crap out of his family then bludgeoning to death the guys who tried to stop him could be considered evil).

7. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Well, Carol shoting the head off a girl can also be accounte for evil. Or her lies in Alexandria, or her callous nature.

And Abe did NOT beat his family. His family got raped and abused by the others is most likely the truth here and they got afraid of him along the line too.

8. sam12six

sam12six Member

So, when you've got a small group fighting for survival tooth and nail, how do you find time for the institutionalization and treatment for someone like Mika? How do you quarantine people with a highly infectious and guarantee that the infection won't spread?

Her character's journey isn't about her gradually going over to the dark side, it's about her making the hard choices and being tortured by them because she knows they'd be evil in the world as it once was.

Really? I didn't see those dudes rape and abuse his family. All I saw was his bludgeoning them to death with a can of beans and the woman and kids being terrified enough of him that they decided to brave a world crawling with zombies rather than remain in his presence.

9. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Shooting Lizzie wasn't IMO evil. Lizzie was mentally deranged, and Carol had no way to control her or make her better. Her only options after she killed her sister were to
    1. ignore what happened and hope Lizzie didn't kill her (not very wise if you're Carol)
    2. banish Lizzie and let her be someone else's problem
    3. kill her and stop Lizzie from hurting anyone else.

To me it would be unthinkable to let Lizzie stay with your group. If she's deranged enough to kill her own sister she's deranged enough to kill you and needs to be away from you immediately. Should she have banished her instead of killing her? It would be easier on her at the time, but then Carol would spend the rest of her life wondering whether or not Lizzie got eaten alive, or if not, if she was killing others and turning them into walkers. She took responsibility and made what she thought was the right decision. I can't fault her for that.

10. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

It is a matter of perspective. Killing someone is evil, but sometimes evil is necessary.

The last episode was interesting also. What she did to scare the kid.

11. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Yes, I know, she do the hard choices but such choices can be evil choices. To someone it is.

Also, Abraham tells the story in the comics and im pretty sure they roll with it here to but he hasn't opened up about it.

12. Morgotha

I think we are just using the word evil in different ways. To me an evil act is one that involves malice, or something for personal gain at someone else's expense. I don't think that was Carol's intent, and so don't think her actions were evil.

13. sam12six

sam12six Member

Evil is pretty hard to define. The best definition I've found is putting what you want above what someone else needs. The things Carol has done which people think are bad are either the same thing cultures did way back when we didn't have the medical infrastructure we do now (putting down/burning sick and infectious people and putting down someone totally insane) or are "bad" on paper (i.e. not following the rules of the prison council and acting on her own).

In today's world, we have a lot of infrastructure and government constructs. This gives us the luxury of avoiding many of the tough choices mankind has been forced to make from the beginning. In the TWD world, those luxuries are gone and the hard decisions are back. Calling someone willing to take on the guilt of making and carrying them out evil is (IMO) being a little overly judgmental.

If we see a flashback in the show of his walking in on the dudes raping the family, you'll be right. If we don't, or he just tells the story (a story where he might understandably change events to make himself look better), viewers need to make their own interpretation.

Since any family who had been hurt by bad guys and saved by the righteous wrath of the family patriarch would be more than happy to stick with him, the fact that they ran away makes his being the guilty party a more logical interpretation.

14. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Evil is hard yes. Its a thing of perspective too.

But about Abraham. Im sure he do not lie, he got aggression problems and this might be why they got scared. Also this close to the start of the zombie outbreak. Seeing your husband kill the rapists would probably send you into shock and fear. Abraham did nothing wrong.

15. sam12six

sam12six Member

Well, that's your interpretation of what you saw. I saw a woman and a couple of kids who were more afraid of Abe than a world full of zombies. I'm not a woman and am no longer a child, but I cannot imagine choosing near certain death over the company of someone who avenged your rape (especially if it were your own husband/father). For me (my interpretation), it makes no sense unless he was the one who hurt them.

16. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

Why would he hurt them? There is no reason. THey where simply afraid to see their husband and man release the animal inside him.

17. 8307c4

8307c4 Well-Known Member

Way I see things what Aiden and his buddies did with the walker(s) is neither right nor smart but I can believe they're simply rather stupid and naive. At one point in season 2 or 3 at the farm even Glenn had to come to the realization, walkers are dangerous. Hershel too, had to learn they're not "sick" people who can be made well one day.

That they shouldn't play with walkers, no doubt about that.
    That walkers are deadly and should always be taken seriously, totally agree.
    And that Aiden's actions put the entire group in great danger, with you 100%.

But that he tried to murder Tara, I don't for one minute believe he "almost killed Tara." No, what he did put her at serious risk and it could have got her killed and it wasn't very smart. One might say that just for an instant she came within a few inches of her life, I'll say it was pretty stupid and it could easily have resulted in a precarious situation from which someone could have died yes... But if he "threw" the walker on her, that was inadvertent.

Not that he's on my list of favorite characters either.

#57 8307c4, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  18. Morgotha

I'd have to rewatch the scene, but I didn't get from it that he hurt them, just that the mother was afraid of him and his capacity and ability for violence. I'd bet if that scene actually happened in season 5, when people understood how tenuous of a link to life they really have, she might have decided differently. Or, she might not.

19. sam12six

sam12six Member

Why would the other dudes hurt them? There is also no reason. Given that, their reaction to him wasn't "I'm a little nervous after seeing that.", it was "I'm going to risk the zombies that have destroyed 99% of the human population to get away from him." - that's not the reaction of people to a father/husband who has never hurt them but suddenly showed them a side they hadn't seen before.

It makes a lot more sense that he just bludgeoned to death the last buffer between them and himself and they're willing to risk all but certain death to get away from him.

You could be right. Just imagine, though: someone hurts a family. The dad shows up and goes ballistic on whomever it was. Now, I can totally see the family suddenly realizing that he's more dangerous than they ever thought him and being a little unsure about his temper, but I can't see a family deciding to risk zombies over being near him. Now, if he'd hurt them in the past, it makes some sense...

#59 sam12six, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2015
  20. Marc

Marc Well-Known Member

He didn't freaking hurt them. im 100% sure about it. It makes no sense that he would randomly bash some heads in. People react strangely, not used to the kind of violence and thinking he would beat them up for being sexually abused perhaps. Why would any other dude hurt anyone in the setting? They go crazy and release their inner monster as law and society collapses! No justice system beyond the hard hand of people like Abraham or Rick.

#60 Marc, Mar 10, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2015