Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alexandria vs the Prison

Discussion in 'Episode 605 - Now' started by Zombie_Rhino, Nov 9, 2015.

1. ella_k

ella_k Member

thank you! I completely agree! And this is just not about the prison - it`s like this everywhere. Why doesn`t Alexandria have pits, warning systems etc. Why don`t people who go outside the walls have devices/stuff to draw attention away from themselves etc. Walkers are essentially mindless mush-heads that react to sound and movement.................. it`s not exactly hard to figure out how to stay safe from them/lure them away from your home/mass-kill them.

I love the show but it annoys me that so many years into the apocalypse the ppl still don`t have a glue... it feels like lazy writing. And it doesn`t tickle my brain thus making it all a bit boring.

Would love to see the characters come up with some clever ways to get rid of the walkers/make themselves safe. I like it when a movie or show makes me go "ohh wow that`s really clever I haven`t thought about that".

2. mfinley

mfinley Member

Exactly why the show would be so much better, believable and more scary had they stayed with the original walkers instead of the dumbed down ones they morphed into after the first season. Walkers that try to open unlocked doors are a far deadlier threat then walkers who just walking into walls.

3. Elton Dixon

Elton Dixon Member

i think living alexandria brings flase hope, look at them??

they think they know whats going on, @ the sight of couple walkers what they do run and leave you behind, they cant defend themselves, cant take down a walker,

i prefer the prison, just the walls needs to be fortified, its a smaller area to cover and keep watch over. once those steel doors are closed no walker or human getting in.

iam still in shock that they still find cars with working batteries and gas

digging trenches is a great idea but without proper man power and machinery it makes no sense

4. M3O

M3O Member

I have a huge soft spot for the prison.

Even softer than the flimsy prison fence.

But that was my favorite place ever okay oh my god ; - ; 408 tore my soul apart

5. Lindigo

Lindigo Well-Known Member

I don't think they had heat at the prison? Can you imagine living in a concrete bldg in the winter? I don't even like going into my garage with its cement floor. Brrrrr. Also, in the summer in Georgia's humidity, I want air conditioning since that has become an option.

I would take Alexandria with its creature comforts. Reg and Aaron described the wall as being much stronger than what we see on screen, thanks to building codes, etc., likely. I go on pretending we have the galvanized steel wall as described, and not galvanized tin that could have developed those rusted out spots up in the lookout tower.

Build a second galvanized steel fence further out from the existing wall. Plant crops there. Include transom height windows every now and then so people can stand on benches to see out of them and have enough room to spear the tops of the heads of walkers.

More lookout towers, an alarm system, Morgan spikes, a trained citizenry, and I'm good.

Medieval castles with a fortified wall and lookouts on ramparts did very well with an entire town in the middle.

6. ella_k

ella_k Member

It`s not about Alexandrians - I mean Rick and co. Why didn`t they make good defenses in the prison ? They should have also made them in Alexandria. They have plenty of man power and even machinery needed for the job.

Even crazy-Morgan had a somewhat decent defense system. Even Enid knows how to lure walkers away. They should take notes :)

7. Sachiko

Sachiko Active Member

Are you forgetting that until last Sunday, Rick was not in charge of ASZ? lol. It wasn't his call.

8. ella_k

ella_k Member

That`s not the point. I doubt we will EVER see him make that call. The writers are not into that kind of "calls". He was in charge of prison btw ...

Also, how come teenage Enid is the only one using redirect tactic?

So on.

9. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

Life in Prison without parole, please.

10. Zombie_Rhino

Zombie_Rhino Well-Known Member

I thought about that part too - make sure that everyone is sectioned off when they sleep so that you can't have someone die in their sleep and kill the entire population. that was actually one of the most important things i kept thinking about when thinking of what would be a proper place to live in a ZA. at first, i thought the prison was super ideal because you could lock each person in their own cell - but honestly, the arrangements at Alexandria are just fine. each person is confined to their own home and within their own home, a bedroom. i think this would be enough segregation of the sleeping population as to avoid any night time debacles. we have not seen a zombie able to get through a door or several of them in order to wander out in the streets - and even if that happened to occur somehow, with each person sleeping in their own house behind closed doors would be enough for them to keep out of harms way. id say that this is enough protection and well worth the comfort offered by sleeping in a nice comfy bed in a cozy house rather than a jail cell.

11. Zombie_Rhino

devices and stuff to draw walkers away, huh? what's the shelf life of batteries? at least 10 years. hit up the local big box store for some batteries and remote control cars, put some noise maker (alarm clock or the like) onto said car, and drive it away from Alexandria. that should definitely lure the Z's away from the walls and wouldn't put a real live person in harms way. sounds like a win/win to me.

12. ella_k

ella_k Member

Yeah that`s the right direction!
    We`ve invented airplanes and internet. I`m m sure we`re capable of coming up with some clever ways to redirect attention :)

13. Zombie_Rhino

i think the internet is the perfect way to redirect attention :)
    maybe they can just throw a smartphone in the crowd of zombies and watch them scramble for it - seeing who can check their facebook page first

14. deadcpa

deadcpa Member

The design of the walls sucks. But what would you expect from a liberal college professor?