Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Alicia Clark thread

Discussion in 'Fear The Walking Dead Season 1' started by Morgotha, Aug 31, 2015.

1. Hope the Savior

He looks so happy. I'm glad for him.

2. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

Good! but you should grab a gun and go over firing too! Don't let the boys have all the fun, or the responsibility! And besides, if YOU are out there shooting, how much more manly will they be?

3. westwingnut

westwingnut Well-Known Member

I had the chance to tell that gal at work about "LMA". She rolled her eyes at me but took it pretty well besides. She's a very sweet young gal who is planning to attend a CSU in northern California. (She's been accepted but is taking JC classes closer to home for financial reasons.) She still won't watch the show, though.

So you're a Furdie, eh? Well, that would explain your reaction to Alicia.

4. Funion The Baba

I'd hit it (she is legal, right?)

5. Hope the Savior

Yep, I am from The Farm. I’d proudly proclaim that I inherently hated Alicia and thus had to mock her, but 1) I’ve never taken the rivalry seriously and 2) Alicia’s intention to attend UC Berkeley slipped my mind most of the episode, even after seeing the letter on her vanity.

Honestly, Alicia’s attitude just kept grating my nerves. Her concerns about Matt’s welfare and her questioning her mom’s callousness towards him were completely understandable. And Maddy should have divulged the truth earlier to mollify her daughter’s temper, but Alicia was being a bit too much of an asshole during the episode for my liking. She was quickly approaching 100%-a-d!ck territory (which we all know is bad according to Star-Lord).

I do believe she’ll change for the better, though. But until that transformation occurs, it looks like Little Miss Asshole will be her nickname.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

Hitting a woman is never legal.

7. Hedwig

Hedwig Well-Known Member

I agree with what you said, and this is pretty much what I take away from her character at this point as well. I honestly didn't even really think she was an a**hole at all, I got frustrated with her a few times, but she's a teenager! Of course she's going to fight with her mom, and Madison could be a bit more forth coming with information. I found her (madison) to much more frustrating actually. I guess I am usually more sympathetic towards teenage girl characters then other people tend to be because I have 3 littles sisters, one who is still 16, and also I was a teenage girl once myself so I have a pretty good understanding how their minds work. I think her fiesty attitude is what is going to make her a survivor.

8. dhdhdh33

dhdhdh33 Member

I think the real issue is the Mom. After the Arte incident and the people across the street were attacked she needs to come open up to her.

9. ltomlinson31

ltomlinson31 Well-Known Member

I know others think she is a snotty, bitchy, brat, asshole, whatever, but I actually like Alicia. She's caught in such an awful situation with her boyfriend sick/dying and she can't be with him at this time. And yet, nobody is telling her a damn thing about this. People can complain about her being rebellious with her parents, but I'm sure any teenage girl would prefer to be with their boyfriend in that situation. She has to deal with her brother, who she has had to be very tough on for a long time because of his frequent problems, yet she is still more than willing to help him. When Nick had his seizure, she quickly went to help him and just stayed and helped after.

Also, despite all of the problems she has faced, she is (was) building up to have a very successful life. She's had a brother who has a ton of drug problems and has had to act tough with him (which is likely where a lot of her attitude came from), lost her father when she was 11, and yet she was ready to go to Berkley and set up the foundation for a great life for herself, along with having a boyfriend who she is happy with, and now after all of that, it's being snatched away from her.

10. Hope the Savior

I’ve noticed that the Clark females can occasionally be a$$holes and that Maddy does seem to provoke that trait in Alicia. Matt’s bedroom scene is a good example. I understood Maddy’s concerns when she, Travis, and Nick drove to Matt’s house to gather Alicia, but she was incredibly callous (i.e., a$$holey) when she entered Matt’s bedroom and demanded, “Alicia, move away from him.” Alicia, in kind, disdainfully retorted, “What’s wrong with you?” (Both could have initially approached the situation better; Travis did, and he even diffused the tension.)

But for me, Alicia really displayed her innate a$$hole-ness when she decided to leave her brother to check up on Matt. Her brother was going through withdrawal and she chose to leave him. She knew he needed to be monitored, had promised her mom she would watch him, yet she was ready to leave and she did leave. (She only came back inside when she heard objects clattering.)

Furthermore, Matt had expressly wished her to leave with her mom, asking that she comply with his request out of love for him. So while her leaving was partly out of concern, it was primarily for her own self interests. She was probably still upset with her mom and her brother and knew that by returning to Matt’s, to care for him, she could also remove herself from her brother’s disruptions and her mom’s craziness. Her feelings were understandable but she was risking her brother’s welfare.

In that moment, I had to admit that Alicia, despite being intelligent and caring, was also a bit of an a$$hole. That being stated, I'm not ready for her to die. My desire for karmic justice against her ended when she came back inside and checked on her brother. I want to see her evolve into the intelligent, caring, empathetic, and feisty survivor I hope she will be.

11. Funion The Baba

I believe you do not quite grasp the meaning of "hit" in this circumstance.

12. EZD

EZD Well-Known Member

I have to say Alicia seems a lot "Better" than most teenage girls I know these days on every level.

We seem to forget that NOBODY in the show has even the slightest clue about what is really going on yet and things are getting just a little strange while it happens.

I think the entire point of this show that we never really see in the original is just how bizarre and impossible to embrace every single peice of this is no matter how simple and mundane or even obvious it might seem to us as viewers.

We all know what is happening,they don't.:hatchet:

13. BatmansHooker

Of course I do. I have the intelligence to match my beauty. :)

14. ltomlinson31

You are as intelligent as you are beautiful and sweet.

15. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

Are you hitting on my husband?

16. BatmansHooker

I think he was. Fear not, wifey, I shall remain faithful. Or try to, anyway. I am a hooker after all.

17. ltomlinson31

I would watch out for him. He Is is a beautiful man who loves to get around a lot.

#37 ltomlinson31, Sep 2, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 2, 2015
  18. lastcat3

lastcat3 Well-Known Member

I tell you this thread alone just shows how good of job the writers, producers, actors are doing with this show when after only two episodes we already have a four page thread dedicated to one specific character.

19. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

I don't think she's an a$$. I didn't like it when she decided to leave, but I do understand. At this point in her life, how many times has she had to sit with and take care of Nick? How many times has he promised to stop and not done so? How many times has her mother cancelled out of things they were supposed to do together because Nick was having some new drama and her needs took second place to his? She's a senior in high school, knows her boyfriend is in VERY bad shape and alone, and she's told, again, that she comes in second after Nick and his self-induced problems, who is once again, causing problems that she's supposed to clean up.

I can easily see her saying, "enough is enough" and leaving, especially as her mother didn't tell her a single thing about what was going on. And I give her a LOT of credit for going back when she heard the clattering in the house, thinking that Nick might need her, and not just that he was having a tantrum and throwing things around.

20. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I trust you but not him. First he declines the group marriage proposal, but then I catch him here paying you individual attention and showering you with compliments? Hmm...
    I have my eye on YOU.