Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

All Around Terrible Episode

Discussion in 'Episode 311 - I Ain't a Judas' started by RIPRV, Feb 24, 2013.

1. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

I am not one to nitpick everything but this was just garbage. It did not advance the plot at all and what they did to the Andrea character should be crime.

2. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

Actual line from the show: "You guys live here?" -Andrea.

3. Lauri

Lauri Member

"No, Andrea, we live in that cardboard box out there. See it, in the field full of walkers?" -What should have been said.

4. Jakobi

Jakobi Administrator

Maybe its one of those slower transition episodes...where they needed to fill in some details before something big happens.

5. quickness26

quickness26 Member

I couldn't disagree more. They need these episodes for character development. And I think it's was a good change. I could argue more but I just don't feel like it.

6. Lauri

Lauri Member

In all seriousness though, it wasn't a bad episode. Maybe a little dull, but if every episode was action packed, the series would be confusing and hard to follow. The smaller details and events are just as important as the exciting ones.

7. IQDeficit

IQDeficit Member

Pft what a waste of an evening. I agree transition scenes are needed but not entire episodes.

8. RIPRV

RIPRV Well-Known Member

This was honestly last week's episode without the shootout at the end. I consider this a 15 episode season not 16.

9. tallahasseehero

I liked the episode a lot. Really built tension for the future. It was really cool to see the new group dynamic in place with Merle and Michonne. Seeing the difference in how the group treated Andrea from how they would have 8 months ago really showed the characters evolution.

I also want to see what role Tyrese's group will play in all of this.

10. mothra19

mothra19 Member

I'm all for those slow episodes for the sake of character development, but this was baaadd to me. I found myself frustrated the entire time. What they did with Tyrese's group?? I'm baffled.

11. Stujoe

Stujoe Member

I thought the episode was pretty good. It was not an 'Action Episode' but I am sure there are plenty coming. Seeing the group through Andrea's eyes as she came back really showed how they have changed and was interesting.

12. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

I wonder if they are still going to follow the comic with Tyreese but use it as a way of demoralizing Rick and his group even more since they scared them off and might be somewhat responsible for what happened to them.

13. InMyBlood

InMyBlood Member

agree. i liked the episode too.

14. bamafan1980

bamafan1980 New Member

I thought it was a good episode. You can't satisfy everyone, some people were complaining earlier in the season that it was too fast paced. I don't think about it that much, just try to enjoy the show.

15. devinnn

devinnn Member

True, this episode did not advance the plot, and did not really produce any additional character development that we didn't alrady know about.

BUT I actually did enjoy the episode and here is why:

We saw Merle as someone more than just a one dimensional, redneck, stereotype. This was big for me because it does open the door for him to develop. He had an interesting conversation with Hershel and also gave the group insight on the Gov.'s madness.

Then we have the Tyrese group factor coming into play. Will they discover the Gov.'s twisted ways? How long will that take?

Trust. Huge theme for this episode. Andrea- can the group trust her?, can the Gov. trust her? Merle- group is forced to trust him for the time being. Milton- can Andrea trust him? Probably not but hes a feeble willed character who knows where his allegiance will lie when all the cards are on the table.

Its just a matter of time until these presumed trust bubbles burst. So ya this was more of a building episode than an acting episode, but this episode presented enough questions to keep me interested and we saw lots of different characters interacting that we don't usually see.

Also I think they cleaned up (at least temporarily) Rick's visions. So we should start to see some clarity when it comes to Rick's leadership.

16. The Dixon's Mom

Yea it looks like next weeks episode should be good though

17. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Still better than most of season 2.

18. bran

bran Member

i really liked the episode, it opened up a lot of interesting plot points, and also sets up for some very interesting situations for the rest of the season and most likely into season 4.

19. Stark

Stark Member

It was a bit much to have an episode pretty much revolving around Andrea, since her character has been made out to be kind of the residential moron of this season. It would have been worth it if she made some actual developments but it feels like nothing really happened this episode aside from Tyreese's group showing up again. At least that was interesting.

20. Walker97

Walker97 Active Member

It's moving a little slowly...I don't think Tyreese would have been kicked out by Rick...that's hard to believe knowing how weak they are as a group...