Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Am I the only one who dislikes Glenn?

Discussion in 'Episode 403 - Isolation' started by wolffe, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Alec96

Alec96 Well-Known Member

I might have to start another thread: Am I the only one who still really likes Glenn? He's not in my top 3 characters, but I'd be very sad to see him go.

2. TGO

TGO Well-Known Member

I like him as a character but we Need more Comic Glenn at times.

3. Zombies101

Zombies101 Member

Well Glenn is in MY top 3. I still love him.:)

4. zipykido

zipykido Member

Glenn was much better before Maggie. He was the voice of reason and caring but now that's all focused on Maggie. The lone wolf sort of Glenn who saved Rick was much better running around and evading zombie hoards by himself was much better. Also it seems like Asians didn't do a very good job at surviving considering we've only ever seen one.

Although the current Glenn did kill a walker while being tied to a chair in close corridors. It'd be awesome to see more feats like that. Not paralyzed with fear type of Glenn like during the bar battle.

#44 zipykido, Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  5. mtamborra

mtamborra Member

he has the most balls there

went out of his way to save rick

always volunteers to do dangerous stuff

so he's a little P-whipped...big deal! You would be too if you were in an apocalypse and a hottie like Maggie takes interest in you

6. Benzel

Benzel Member

I nothing him, which in some ways is worse I think. Nothing he's done has given me any kind of attachment to him and I don't think I'd miss him at all if he were to die.

7. STRINGS

STRINGS Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. Shane#22

Shane#22 Well-Known Member

Season 1 and 2 Glenn I liked, season 3 they tried to make him a tough guy which he's not, season 4 Glenn so far is a little feminine.

9. STRINGS

Agreed! 'Scavenger' Glenn w/balls of iron is what I liked about the original character. Willing to traipse & wind his way thru zombie-infested Atlanta, where no one else dare go (or survive if they attempted to)!! This new P-whipped Glenn, all-sensitive to women's needs is damn annoying!! What he needs to do is donkey punch Maggie, pull her hair, and demand she go make him a turkey pot pie...then we'll have the real Glenn back!!

10. Jen7

Jen7 Well-Known Member

When i see people put down the Glenn/Maggie relationship i'm always reminded of the single guy whose best friend gets a girlfriend and he hates it because his friend is now suddenly "boring" and can't come out and play with him anymore.

Yes, sometimes the scenes with Glenn & Maggie are less than exciting but in my opinion that just adds to the realism of the show. People get in relationships and seem less exciting to those on the outside...even though it's actually quite amazing for those IN the relationship.

11. Govisgreat

Govisgreat Member

agreed. glen was ok til they gave him a love angle.

12. STRINGS

13. Agramer

Agramer Well-Known Member

I hear that. I like him too as a character, but I want to see something more.

14. Reflexx

Reflexx Member

Glenn and Maggie are my favorite characters.

15. The Walking Cas

I don't dislike Glenn. He was very interesting in seasons one and two but now...just boring. Hes still awesome though. :p

16. TWDlover92

TWDlover92 Member

I think what would help make Glenn interesting again is if he was interacting with other people that is not part of the Greene family. What I liked so much about Glenn in season 1 & 2 was the fact that he was interacting with pretty much everyone and we could really see the bonds he developed with Rick, Daryl, Dale, Lori, Andrea, etc. Now, we're kind of losing the connexion he has with the members of the group. Yes, he is still involved in runs and he helps protecting the prison but he mostly talks to Maggie and Hershel at the end of the day. He talks business with the others and it usually never gets any further than that. Sometimes, I even forget that he is supposed to be one of Rick's closest friends. They don't seem so close anymore and it's a shame because it's a friendship worth exploring.

I want to see Glenn having a best friend, talking to someone about geek stuff, getting closer to people like Carol, Sasha, Michonne and Tyreese. It would be so much more interesting if he wasn't always working on his relationship with Maggie. I get that they are the primary couple on the show but Glenn needs to get out of this pattern and it could also benefit Maggie. She looks bland because she doesn't develop strong bonds with the others apart from her family.

17. Stuff&Thangs

Stuff&Thangs Well-Known Member

And what is so wrong about that?

18. JimmyBones

JimmyBones Member

Love glenns personality earlier in the series, hes become so srs now that he has a woman to protect.

19. Voncroy

Voncroy Member

Nothing.

People just seem to have very limited notions of what a man should be or act like, I consider myself a very feminine man and I am most likely more of a man than those machist guys...

20. DonnyTWD

DonnyTWD Active Member