Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

AMC Fear Fest 2012

Discussion in 'General AMC' started by Bassman, Sep 13, 2012.

1. rabscuttle1

rabscuttle1 Well-Known Member

The only King adaptations I like are: THE MIST, THE SHAWSHANK REDEMPTION, STAND BY ME, APT PUPIL and even though it's nothing like the story trucks, MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE.

2. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

No love for Green Mile? It's amazing that three of the best King adaptations are from Darabont. And AMC fired him. Tisk tisk.

3. rabscuttle1

I felt my list was incomplete. THE GREEN MILE should've been in there. I like that one as well.

4. BrokenAngel

BrokenAngel Active Member

So looking to AMC Fear Fest one of the few programming specials I watch.

5. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

I don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but AMC also offers a great deal of free horror/zombie movies on their website for Fear Fest. Most of them shlocky b-movies, but if you're into that kind of stuff it's rather fun.

I believe AMC's videos only play for US residents, though. I hate it when they do that stuff....

6. Misfit

Misfit Active Member

I have my favorite King adaptations, too, but will admit to liking almost something about each of them (even the putrid ones).

7. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

AMC now has the full schedule on their site. Once again this year seems to be litered with the Halloween and Friday movies, but there are a few gems here and there as well. How they can show Romero's new films and not the original trilogy is beyond me. They need to rectify that issue....pronto.

F13th marathon starts on Monday the 15th.

8. rabscuttle1

I disagree. NIGHT, DAWN and DAY should never be shown on a channel with commercials. Some movies are too great for TV.

9. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

Although it's been a while since Dawn and Day have aired, they've all been on TV at some point or another. The commercials are annoying, but it least they would raise the overall quality of the marathon....

10. rabscuttle1

I know they've all been shown on TV. All I'm saying, is for me personally, I wont watch some movies if they've been edited for TV. And I believe Romero's original Dead trilogy is too good to be added to the marathon. Movies like the Friday the 13th series or the Halloween movies have no place on the same stage as the Dead trilogy.

11. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

I probably won't watch this because I don't like scary movies... I'm spineless.

12. Dr. Geek

Dr. Geek Member

I probably wont watch this because I don't have AMC...

13. Felicia

Felicia Active Member

Motel Hell was an awesome flick. I remember watching that movie at a drive in back when 1. there were drive ins... 2. they played like five cheap horror movies in one night. 3... well never mind. But anyway... definately a good drive in flick. That Rory guy was The Tall Man before Phantasm took the title over.

14. Bassman

Bassman Administrator
    Staff Member

2013's Fear Fest didn't deserve it's own thread but....sigh....it ends tomorrow and it's another let down. Once again all of the truly great films are kinda hidden away while they play marathons of Nightmare on Elm Street, Friday the 13th, and Halloween over and over and OVER again. :zombies_rolleyes:

I don't think I ever once saw the classic universal monster flicks. I think they played The Exorcist the Alien Anthology only once. WTF, AMC?!? This crap is getting old. For the past five or so years this is all it's been. They need to bring it back to the earlier years of "Monster Fest" when they played awesome flicks around the clock.

They even had a "day of the undead" marathon that featured a picture of Bub from Romero's Day of the Dead, yet they didn't even play that flick! Did they think that pile of garbage "Flight of the Living Dead" was better or something? I just don't get it.

Get your sh*t together for 2014, AMC....

15. Flesh Eater

Flesh Eater Well-Known Member

I couldn't agree more [MENTION=370]Bassman[/MENTION]. It's just the same thing year after year, Halloween marathons (ok, this first one Halloween good but the rest uh no), Jason marathons, Freddy Kruger marathons inbetween other worthless crap and slightly sprinkled with a good one here and there. They did show The Exorcist one night and they has an Aliens marathon, those were decent.

I watch TCM mostly this year, they played all the good old ones...it was a Vincent Price month but they also did a lot of other really good movies, some I'd even forgotten about.

So it would be nice if AMC would do a mix of old and new and switch it up. I mean really, Jason and the like are getting dated. They really need to get back the Fear Fest from long ago.