Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

American Horror Story

Discussion in 'Horror TV Shows' started by EternalWreckage, Nov 30, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Stealth

Stealth Well-Known Member

Interesting approach to Season 6. Since this is AHS I feel as if there is some sort of twist to the whole documentary approach. With Lily Rabe filling one of those roles too it makes me think there will be more to it than those studio scenes.

Cuba Gooding Jr. is a nice addition to the cast.

2. Stealth

Hotel really didn't end very well. I thought they misused the cop character. Could have been more interesting if they made him into a character who was actually trying to uncover what was going on in the hotel, rather than one that made a part of it.

3. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

I loved the first episode! It has me hooked already. Can't wait for the next one! I read somewhere that this season ties into Murder House? Murder House was my least favouaite season if I'm honest. Mind I haven't watched Freak Show as everyone said it was bad and I don't really like Circus related things either for some reason.

4. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

The best part of Freak Show was this dude:

[​IMG]

Which was played by the same actor that played Eastman. I really liked Freak Show but the clown left way too early in my opinion.

5. Sarah-kate

Sarah-kate Member

I really liked the first episode of season 6... Scared the crap out of me though, probably shouldn't of watched it home alone with all the lights off lol.

6. Stealth

They made a great, scary character and had him exit way too soon. I remember watching the first episode when he attacked that couple and thinking how it might be their best season yet. It really went back to the sheer horror they had in the initial seasons. But they went into his story too quickly. Keeping him as a mystery that was slowly unveiled would have been better. That season wasn't the same after he was killed.

7. PepperAnn

I was so pumped about the premiere I didn't even realize how much it creeped me out until like an hour later when I was outside with my dogs in the dark. That was a short pee session needless to say. lol

Yes! I really feel like his story fizzled way too abruptly. WAY TOO ABRUPTLY. I kept thinking he can't be done, he must be returning in some form somehow. And then they just tease us briefly in the Halloween special. :zombies_rolleyes:

8. PepperAnn

I went to bed at 8pm last night and proceeded to sleep soundly for 10 hours. LOL!!

So I have not watched the second eppy yet. Still good?

9. Z-Man

Z-Man Well-Known Member

More of the same. But we have a few things that appear to tie other seasons in ("Here Piggy Piggy"?), and more back story explaining some of the unusual sightings that were had in the first episode. This season is looking pretty sweet so far, but I have a soft spot for "Found Footage" endeavors as it helps make you feel more a part of what is going on. (My secret shame was watching Blair Witch Project at the drive-in, and having to drive around for an hour afterwards because I didn't want to get out of my car to go into my house. ;p )

10. Jhn123

Jhn123 Active Member

This is the first season I'm actually finding scary. Love AHS but never found the other seasons scary!

11. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

And then... Dandy. Eurgh.

12. PepperAnn

Watched it. Loved it. Love the nurses story line. And yeah @Z-Man I agree on the found footage thing. And on Blair Witch. I LOVED that movie and ate up all found footage movies after that. lol

13. Stealth

So far so good. I've enjoyed the first two episodes.

14. H5N1

H5N1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Solid episodes so far!

I wonder when we'll see Evan Peters!

Cricket was the highlight of Episode 3.

[​IMG]

15. Stealth

I still haven't seen this week's episode. Hopefully they keep the quality consistent for the whole season this time.

16. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I haven't seen this week's episode yet either. I'll probably watch it tonight. So far, though, I'm liking this season better than Hotel. I thought last season was the weakest yet.

17. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

I have only watched season 1, and like 3 episodes of season 2, but we recently cut waaaaaaay down on our cable subscriptions, so my Wednesday nights are for AHS now. I really liked episode one, but then I thought episode two had too many dynamics. Kind of like The Conjuring. I don't find horror that seems SO unrealistic to be entertaining or scary. Granted, the zombie apocalypse is pretty unrealistic, but I see TWD as more drama/survival than horror.

I'm pretty meh about this season.

18. PepperAnn

Just watched last week's episode. Cricket....hmmmm. He's ...interesting.

Also............. $25,000???? Jeez Louise!!! lol

19. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

Excuse me, young man, but have you heard the term "gay for pay"?

20. PepperAnn

That line cracked me up. lol