Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Analyze Glenn

Discussion in 'Episode 607 - Heads Up' started by Neuropyramidal, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

So we have it. Was it a shark jump? Good idea? Bad? Discuss.

2. Neuropyramidal

And if only Glenn and Nick would have climbed through that window the first time. ;)

3. TROR

TROR Member

Not a shark jump for me. I don't like that they did it, but it wasn't like he got bit and then lived anyways. To me, that would be a huge shark jump and I don't know if I'd even continue on after that. But this? Meh. Dumb, but it's over now so who cares.

4. jeebs

jeebs Well-Known Member

Not a shark jump. We knew he miraculously survived, I'm just glad they finally showed it so we can move on.

5. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

Not too bad at all, actually. Not the best idea, but it turned out much better than I was expecting.

6. lee7189

lee7189 Member

I didn't think was a shark jump. But I did start worrying when they said Steven was going to be on Talking Dead and that there would be a message from Steven 10 minutes into "Into The Badlands". I was afraid he' be taken away right after giving him back.

7. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I'm still waiting for Glenn to anal-yze and ass-ess the situation. That massive shit is coming.

8. CoyoteTWD

CoyoteTWD Well-Known Member

Once I knew Glenn was alive, I knew there was no way that they could do it that would satisfy me so I moved on from this weeks ago. It is what it is. I've accepted it and am glad Glenn is still alive.

9. TheWalkingHorn

TheWalkingHorn Well-Known Member

To be completely honest I was like

[​IMG]

10. Gaycandybacon

Gaycandybacon Well-Known Member

Wait till Maggie gives birth, then we can anal-yze the massive shit baby.

11. Neuropyramidal

I'm relieved it didn't turn out worse. But I still think it wasn't a great idea. I think fake deaths are not a trend this show should get into. Carol's S3 'death' was easier to swallow because she just ran through a door. Not a shark jump, but let's not do it again.

12. Mello

Mello Member

Guys, it's fairly simple. He refused to die for Maggie. He lives and breathes Maggie. Maggie, Maggie, Maggie.

On a serious note, I didn't like it from the start but it was easier to see since I expected it. I could sit here and say that if they do this again then screw the show, I'll stop watching, but that's a lie. So it's whatever.

13. TheWalkingHorn

Long live Asian Glenn

14. and138

and138 Well-Known Member

I liked the dumpster scene itself, when Nicholas shot himself and such. That was really shocking, in a good way. And I liked the idea that Glen's forgiving and optimistic nature was nearly his undoing. But this is he/isn't he game TPTB have been playing with us in the media over the last few weeks was a total marketing gimmick, and I think it was unnecessary, because there have been and will be enough shocking scenes this season to talk about without trying to create an internet buzz.

Also, I'm sorry but I think it was pretty unrealistic that Glen was able to pull himself under the dumpster before any of the walkers grabbed him. Once he was underneath, yes, having the dead walker bodies block him from the live walkers made total sense and was pretty clever, actually.

Overall, I'm glad he's alive. I'm not going to say it was a shark jump, but it was a bit cheesy imo.

15. HondaS2kXD

HondaS2kXD Well-Known Member

You were like, "That's a lovely accent you have... New Jersey?" Weird thing to say. He's Korean.

16. AnnieOakley

AnnieOakley Active Member

It was actually quite alright, mostly because of his onscreen time and dynamic we have with Enid. Their rapport and the relationship/kindred back and forth kicks off strong and their great acting did make up for the fake-out death. Yeun was on his A-game acting-wise and when he says "this isn't for Maggie anymore", I was like, finally, some vision out of the tunnel. He's showing Enid how he cares about her life at that moment as well as those inside the walls. Not sharky at all.

17. TheWalkingHorn

Whatever.

18. shhh its me

shhh its me Member

I would call it an utterly unnecessary use of "The reset button". It's been a great season , we would have watched without the cheap trick. I would have thought it was equally suspenseful ,if they showed Glenn in 3 reaching for the dumpset and pulling himself just a little bit. I don't want to have to watch for a Macgyveresque escape every week. Carol and Meryl's "deaths" worked because we didn't see them "die" even Judith's "death" from 4 gave a better "out". It is starting to remind me of shows from the 80s "If we don't get on this helicopter , this one right here that I have my hand on and am already lifting my foot to board , the planet will be doomed!!" cut to helicopter taking off and exploding. Next week :eek:h we randomly decided to take the other helicopter that was cleverly hidden.

If they are going to do a reset of main cast members deaths , I'm not going to stop watching but I'm not going to care all that much next time someone dies. We knew in the 80s The A team didn't really explode , it didn't ruin the show but once TWD makes it a rule "we reset main charters deaths" there is no real drama in deaths.

#18 shhh its me, Nov 22, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 22, 2015
  19. runrunrun

runrunrun New Member

I think they pulled it off, just find the drama of it all a little much. Did they really need to leave it unanswered for so damn long? Made it feel cheap. & when he frantically drank that sip of water and then freaked out and threw it I rolled my eyes a bit. He was under there for one night, like chill. So thirsty. :D Mostly loved this episode though.

20. JohnConnor

JohnConnor Member

These are my thoughts word for word!!!

• Like Like x 1