Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Andrew Lincoln's worst acting in the series.

Discussion in 'Episode 304 - Killer Within' started by Franklin, Nov 5, 2012.

1. mermaidgirl

mermaidgirl Member

I, too, thought that he was going through the stages of understanding that he would never have a chance to make things right with Lori...we always think that there will be more time, but in their world, they are learning the hard way that things need to be taken care of immediately. And for me to get all that from facial expressions...I think it was a wonderful scene.

2. Samcharles

Samcharles New Member

The scene was brilliant! As people have already said Rick was fighting the disbelief that his wife had died. The way the character was wailing instead of just crying truly made me feel his sense of loss. Then when he fell to the ground I just lost it and burst into tears myself. Very, very believable.

3. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

For a second Rick walked up to maggie like she had just said something that pissed him off. he looked like he was gonna hit her. she of course had said nothing. Of course her body language was screaming " your wife is dead" He then looked at carl , who also said nothing, and it seemed rick could tell that carl put lori down. all of this the actors conveyed with out saying a word. Friggin Bravo.

I was listening to a podcast the night after the show aired and there were a bunch of kids saying they burst into laughter when rick said "oh no". Fools. Experience some loss beyond a bad night playing call of duty at some point in your life and you might recognize andrew lincoln perfectly capturing a men coming unglued. Losing something in his life that ment more to him than his own heartbeat.

4. Morgotha

Morgotha Well-Known Member

What I find hard to believe about that scene is that the guy really has an English accent. I can see changing your accent when speaking normally, but in an emotional scene it must be much harder. Find it hard to believe people really didn't appreciate it.

5. Skullberry

Skullberry Member

that occured to me as well right after the episode ended. I forgot about it. thanks for the reminder. bad acting....really? People that think this is bad acting have no frame of reference.

like a little kid seeing some one make the "o" face and not understanding what all the fuss is about.

bad example but it popped in my head and couldnt get it out.

freud where are you?

6. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Exactly why I brought that up. Emotional scenes are the hardest to stay consistent while doing an accent.

7. Dead man walking

Absolutely - it was 100% magic. It also looked quite improvised which made it all the better.

8. mondaymonkey9

mondaymonkey9 Member

It was amazing! I don't know what you're talking about, sorry.

9. Franklin

Franklin Member

I think kids were laughing because of Rick's tone of voice. My friend who is in college could not take Rick seriously because of his tone of voice and rolling on the ground. We've all experienced loses. That doesn't mean that everyone will think Andrew's acting was good in this scene. If kids are laughing then its clear they didn't get the message. Thus they think Andrew's acting was bad.

10. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

David Morrissey/The Gov is a Brit too.

11. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

So is Lauren Cohan/Maggie.

12. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Technically she's American.

13. Killermolls

Killermolls Member

Oh that's right. born in America, raised in Britain kind of back and forth right?

14. skaaaa

skaaaa Well-Known Member

Something like that.

15. nochange

nochange Member

He did a fine job. Being married and having silly arguments that last for a while is one thing. But for that person to die without resolving it, even though you wanted things to be different but you had been too stubborn to give in...yea I believe it.

16. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

Yeah Lauren Cohen was born in america but raised in england I believe. I just think a lot of people are uncomfortable with such raw emotion and grief. I know people who have laughed during sad scenes in movies, and it's not because the acting is bad, or they think it's funny, it's because they feel awkward and uncomfortable witnessing something so heavy, and it makes them giggle. More of a nervous laugh than anything I'd say.

17. undeadchick

undeadchick Member

I knew about David Morrissey because I watched Red Riding ;)

18. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

David Morrissey is easier to believe in my opinion because his southern accent on the show isnt as heavy as Rick's and Maggie's. Kinda like learning that the actor that plays Jason Stackhouse and the actor that plays Bill Compton on True Blood are Brits. It just doesnt fit when you are so used to the heavy Southern Drawl.....

19. littleangelv

littleangelv Member

I cried that entire ending!!! It was amazing acting and so sad!!!!! I dont see how people can laugh at that scene....i was bawling like a baby!

20. Roman'sRevenge

Roman'sRevenge Active Member

If you have ever seen the movie The Reaping. David Morrissey is brilliant and dead on with a southern accent. Didn't really know about him until I watched him in Blitz with Jason Statham.