Battle Royale Forums

Welcome to Battle Royale Forums. Join us today and become part of the growing group of survivors.

Anybody think it's a dick move...

Discussion in 'Episode 706 - Swear' started by Deadpool, Nov 29, 2016.

1. Deadpool

Deadpool Member

Do you guys think it's a dick move on Corey Hawkin's part to jump onto the lead role for 24 and other projects while being obligated to The Walking Dead? I feel like if Corey hadn't signed up on these projects, Heath would be a more vital character like in the comics. There were a good number of scenes Heath was supposed to be in, like the group lineup where Negan introduces himself to our group.

I mean, I get it, taking the lead for 24 will make a bigger name for himself, but I don't think that's fair for the execs for TWD. I'm just sad what's being done with Heath's character. According to certain sources
    . A lot of people have been negative about Heath and his 'whining' about their world's reality, and it's a shame we won't see his character evolve(if ever) for a long time because of his actor's choice in not being loyal to this project. I really hope his cliffhanger fate leads to him coming back and actually becoming an important member in Rick's group.

#1 Deadpool, Nov 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 29, 2016
  2. LadyGrimes

LadyGrimes Well-Known Member

I sincerely hope that rumor is false because that's going to mean
    smh

But yeah once an actor gets involved in other projects, it doesn't leave much room for development of their character in TWD. But what can you do? It's his decision in the end.

3. Neuropyramidal

Neuropyramidal Well-Known Member

I actually don't mind it when someone just disappears. Because that's what you would expect, living in a ZA. People would just disappear and you'd never be sure. I definitely wouldn't want someone like Rick or Carl or Michonne to just disappear, but someone like Heath, or Morales, or Spencer, if something happened and they drifted away into the unknown, I actually like that sort of thing. Because it feels real. Its what the survivors of a ZA would face.

4. NakedCity

NakedCity Well-Known Member

And who cares about them? You think he should have passed the offer for a supporting character in another show? :zombies_confused:

5. No.Pantaloons

No.Pantaloons Well-Known Member

He is also coming off a LEAD role in the NWA biopic. A decent amount of people thought that movie was an Oscar contender. That was his breakout role.

Before this episode, he's had like 10 minutes of screen time. If they didn't invest in him, then he really owes them nothing.

6. BatmansHooker

BatmansHooker Well-Known Member

It's business. Corey's had some big roles the past couple of years. can't expect him to settle for TWD when there are projects out there where he can do more

7. Lisaatje

Lisaatje Member

I agree. That's what I liked about last season. When Abraham, Sasha and Daryl hadn't returned yet from leading the walker herd away and Rosita told Tara that it felt like Abraham was dead. I liked it, because I thought it was a realistic situation. At that point we knew that they were alive, but the people at Alexandria didn't.

8. PepperAnn

PepperAnn Well-Known Member

THIS
    is exactly why I was really bummed about the Glenn Dumpster Fake Out. I was totally on board with the heartbreak of watching Maggie (and everyone) deal with having no idea what happened to him. And NEVER knowing. THAT'S real.

9. RicksdaMan

RicksdaMan Active Member

Gareth - "A man's gotta eat".